Resolved List of Perks That Do Nothing or Don't Work

Users who are viewing this thread

Don't question it too much as there are bigger issues to fix. Accept that it is on the very low end of their pile and move on... for now. :xf-smile:

Probably because many people (myself included) just clicked on it because it was the only option at that level and moved on without giving it much thought afterward. I hadn't even thought of the name of the Bow tree perk until you mentioned it, even though I know I had read it before. When we are given choices, those tend to stick in the mind more, as well as the top perks for a skill since those are usually the end goals.

My personal max party size atm is 349 (I am a king and sole noble of my kingdom so I get whatever policies I want). A skill giving me +3 just isn't that special to me to stick out among many others so it is not likely to stick in my head. The Merry Men at the end of Roguery does as it would allow me to fill up my ranks with fodder (usually leveled fodder at that) without visiting every town and village in a kingdom after a large-scale battle. But even that isn't all that impressive at the moment as most bandit parties I encounter want to join me rather than fight me anyway... especially when I form an army with my companion parties of over 600 troops.

It was hilarious though when 6 looters decided they wanted to face my army of (copy/pasted from a previous post elsewhere) 330 infantry, 66 cavalry, 68 horse archers, and 175 ranged units... in an open field. They got one rock off... which hit a shield. They had no chance to run either, as in not even a message stating that they were fleeing.

Swords As Tribute (Steward LVL 150) didn't do anything either. I have one vassal and my party size remained the same (approx. 165 at the time).

Might be easier to list which perks work rather than the ones that don't, heh. For that, I have "Forgiveable Grievances" - though it fires multiple times at the beginning of every charm attempt (4-6 events in the log) it seems to work well enough.

Ice Breaker perk does work. I've seen +2 relationship increase numerous times when I first talk to somebody.

The real issue is that the whole relationship thing feels super underdeveloped. I don't know what to do with them. I don't know how to raise my relationship to +100 with a notable in a village so I can recruit all their troops. -100 people still join my army and my King still give me fiefs even with a -100 relationship. I can still convince people with -100 relationship to join our kingdom.I don't understand why would I want a good relationship with a noble.

Anyways, one perk that doesn't seem to work for me is "One Step Ahead". It's Tactics Level 75 perk that says "Allows you to place your troops before all battles". I activated it but I still can't place any troops before any battle except for sieges. I'm not sure if I could place my troops in sieges without the perk but it clearly states "all battles" so I think it doesn't work.

both crossbow reload perks along with reload on horse back do not work
this is video proof of at least one crossbow perk not working

Last edited:
the use any crossbow or bow 125 horse skill does not work even in combination or not with the respective skill in the speciality perks

i do have a version 1.3 save file for proof, no idea how to send it through though (since a video would be frantic clicking noises)

Been playing around quite a bit...

The one's I've noticed in particular are as follows:

(1) Disciplinarian: even with the perk, bandit troops cannot be upgraded/reverted into normal troops. The option is still unavailable and tells you that you need the perk. - FIXED 1.0.6

(2) Merry Men: with perk, no option is ever given when engaging with bandit troops to recruit them. My dreams of running my own bandit army are crushed.

(3) Bow Expert: the item "Southern Strong Longbow" still cannot be used on horseback. (MrPhail, Jonlit, ScribeUntitled also report similar occurences)

(4) Ice Breaker: I've never seen my relation increase with a lord on conversation start. (Could be RNG, per ScribeUntitled)

(5) Drill Master: It says (Governor), but since you can't declare yourself governor of a fief, this perk does...nothing?

Per Stefan208:

1 - Prominence
2 - Logistics expert
3 - Bannerlord

Per Skang:
-Should increase party size by 2. It doesn't happen.

Per Xcelerate:
The level 275 Medicine perk doesn't work (tested by shooting my own troops to count HP in battle)
Perk for extra ammo doesn't appear to work for crafted javs

Per pbl,
-the lvl 75 tactic skills doesnt work
-neither does the 175 steward skill (man at arms)
-both lvl 75 leadership skills dont work
-the lvl 25 smithing skills (coalmaker) is inverted to what it says. (costs 3 wood to make 2 coal when it should be 2wood/3coal)

Per JaffalAllaYourMum
-Prominence
-Warmonger has no indicator in army management
-War Rations has no indicator in food consumption
-Raise the Meek

Per zwien,
-Bannerlord only works as faction leader.

Per Sepone,
-Ice Breaker seems to not work after a while.

Per Ackdam,
-Ice Breaker RNG seems lower than stated
-Merry Men seems as common as Ice Breaker, but doesn't have the perk
-Efficient Coal Maker still incorrect
-Man-At-Arms definitely not working

OlgaPumpkinStealer and Zyakan report having Merry Men fire once, despite not having the perk - then not happening again

This list is by no means comprehensive or guaranteed to be accurate, so if anyone has any more, I'll happily add to it.
______

I know a lot of the ammo perks (specifically in my case for Throwing weapons,) do not work, nor does Prominence for influence gain. I also know that "One Step Ahead" from tactics doesn't work.

Many of the perks right now do not work; and they haven't even addressed their awareness of it, nor do they really state it in their "known issues" post. I guess we just have to keep posting that the perk system is busted in hopes they see it and actually fix them all.

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we were not able to respond to this topic when this topic first created.
We believe that this issue might have been fixed since the creation of this topic. If you are still experiencing this issue on the latest live or beta versions of the game at the moment please leave a reply to this topic so that we can forward this issue to the team for investigation.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom