SP - General List of ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

Im nearing 200 hours in this game on the singleplayer campaign and through playing ive come up with multiple ideas for the game to enhance its replay value, fixing issues ive encountered or annoyances ive encountered. So ill begin listing them in a full post here, some of you might have seen other things ive suggested but this will be one i add to over time as i find more things while i play.

• Enable armor crafting in the smithing. - This is rather self explanatory, i think they should enable it soon, but also make it so we can add emblems or embellishments to make the armor our own in some way.
  • More crafting parts for certain weapons. ( Two handed maces, throwing axes, ect) - Again rather self explanatory, as of right now there is only one type of two handed mace, the mallet. and only three throwing axe head types. I would love to see more, make maces good for two handed wielders who want to make a slaver playthrough.
  • Allow players to chose which units they bring into hideouts. - a simple but amazing idea i feel. im unsure how the troops are selected as of right now but many times i get horrible troops to go against the bandits im fighting.
  • more ways to get war horses. - As it stands getting war horses requires you to hunt them down in towns ( and only get 1 or 2 ), or hunt down the race specific bandit parties/ hideouts. And as you play you get more of a need for them as you begin fielding cav units. I feel a war stable workshop in towns or horse breeder workshop would be perfect for this, easily limited two 2 every few days or 4 a week in game and converts normal horses at a ratio of 5-1 or more depending .
  • Being able to set patrol routs for lords or set up patrols out of units from a garrison or millitia. - This would allow players to defend bandit rich areas ( looking at you khuziat towns) where bandits can get overwhelming and cause many issues for players trying to control said area
  • Traps for siege defense - Given the time period the game emulates. it wouldn't be too much for us to ask for boiling pitch cauldrons, oil pools or other such defensive traps for the defenders in a siege, being able to build them when under siege or as a improvement to the town/castle.
  • Slowing down steppe bandit parties- 7.0 to 7.3 movment speed. Its impossible to catch them fairly.. nuff said
  • AI lords able to upgrade troops faster - Im unsure of ideas to fix this but i know its a large problem. I have a fully leveled up army and i constantly fight enemy armies with 50 to 100+ recruit units . Making these battles way to easy.
  • make it possible to recruit mercenary faction units.- An easy way to do this is to give each of the merc bands a home city where you can go and speak to a liason that allows you to recruit their recruit units for influence or gold.
  • allow more uses for rougery - The idea of building a criminal empire is enticing . i would love to see it happen that if you got your rougery up high enough you could form a gang in a town and take over cities using rougery, inciting riots, setting fires to weaken the millita and so on,

As it stands there are the ideas ive had. hopefully others like these ideas nad they get incorperated. Also sorry for my spelling XD its ****

what i have experienced with the hideouts is that you get the first 10 units in order from top to bottom from the party menu. for example i have all my companiosn at the top of the list and then my different cav units. so when i gon into a hideout i get all my companions but i get more than one type of cav unit even if i have a bunch of the same cav unit that goes right after my last companion in the list. i dont know if im explaning myself hhahahaha

would love to see that armor crafting and being able to create either your smith mark or decorate your armor, shields and wepons woud be awwwsomeeeeeee! im also getting really tired o fighting recruits. i had one of my best battles yesterday y was a very long one had to use a lot of strategy. and guess what there were baerly any recruits. the battle system in this game is great but its being destroyed by lords having to many recruits. they should be able to imrove relations with village people so that they can get access to the good units the have.

I like all of these.
I heartily agree that the "unique" mercenary/clan units should be more widely recruitable.
I would also like the "patrol" mechanic.
Other things that I would like to add:

*changing troop trees, that a faction could vote on
--> I feel that this would make the game more replayability. For example, Valandia could switch from having crossbow ranged units to bows

*"Custom" unique troop line for your clan
---> once you reach a high enough clan rank, you could have you own customizable troop line. You get 4 different tiers of troops, and with each tier you get "x" amount of points to spend on that troop's skills/gear. Then those troops are recruitable from a notable in your town, same as regular troops.

what i have experienced with the hideouts is that you get the first 10 units in order from top to bottom from the party menu. for example i have all my companiosn at the top of the list and then my different cav units. so when i gon into a hideout i get all my companions but i get more than one type of cav unit even if i have a bunch of the same cav unit that goes right after my last companion in the list. i dont know if im explaning myself hhahahaha

would love to see that armor crafting and being able to create either your smith mark or decorate your armor, shields and wepons woud be awwwsomeeeeeee! im also getting really tired o fighting recruits. i had one of my best battles yesterday y was a very long one had to use a lot of strategy. and guess what there were baerly any recruits. the battle system in this game is great but its being destroyed by lords having to many recruits. they should be able to imrove relations with village people so that they can get access to the good units the have.
Thats what i thought too but i tried that but i kept getting units that were near the bottom too.. like recruits or weak archer units that i didnt want in the fight.Lost more then one bandi fight in a hideout cuase of that. and i agree battles with less recruits are amazing to fight, and require more then a spam charge, had one my self where i sent my footmen in close, archers behind, so the infantry could sheild wall and draw the ranged fire, sent my cav behind them and then charged in my horse archers. once the enmy counter charged, in went my cav, lost only 3 troops in a 80 v 140 battle. i was panicing the entire time XD

I like all of these.
I heartily agree that the "unique" mercenary/clan units should be more widely recruitable.
I would also like the "patrol" mechanic.
Other things that I would like to add:

*changing troop trees, that a faction could vote on
--> I feel that this would make the game more replayability. For example, Valandia could switch from having crossbow ranged units to bows

*"Custom" unique troop line for your clan
---> once you reach a high enough clan rank, you could have you own customizable troop line. You get 4 different tiers of troops, and with each tier you get "x" amount of points to spend on that troop's skills/gear. Then those troops are recruitable from a notable in your town, same as regular troops.
on the changing troop tree part i feel that would make things a mess personaly? but its a good idea . But i LOVe the customizable troops idea . i want that so bad and i want them to not be ****e XD

Back
Top Bottom