Link to “Hidden” Ninja Mount&Blade 1.011 Patch

Users who are viewing this thread

Well I screwed my game up bigtime by installing the latest hidden patch (which no longer has the benifit of no 32 troop type limitation). 

I never imagined there would have been another hidden patch released (i.e. no patch notes and no increase in patch number).  Moreover, I never imagined they would have removed the coolest feature they ever added to a patch in the next hidden release. 

Please help me spread the word.  Someone out there has a copy of this patch sitting in thier harddrive.  Once I get a copy I will setup a mirror, possibly a torrent, so everyone can enjoy SoD 5.0 with over 32 troop types (very important with all the new troops and all the XP versions of troops). 

Thanks

Cyclohexane, it's not another hidden patch. They just reverted to an old version. I posted a screenshot showing that it is exactly the same file as the one I already have on my hard drive. The dialog bug you mentioned must have been a new bug the new patch introduced and probably a reason why they pulled it back.

I'm currently testing some different files I managed to find. For now, I tested the patch I found on Paradox ftp that is slightly larger than the one available from Taleworlds. If you are interested, you can double check. You can find the patch on
ftp.paradoxplaza.com
u: press
p: parapress
Just go into old games directory and then into mount&blade. There should be a patch directory in there with a single patch inside.

Nameless One said:
Cyclohexane, it's not another hidden patch. They just reverted to an old version. I posted a screenshot showing that it is exactly the same file as the one I already have on my hard drive. The dialog bug you mentioned must have been a new bug the new patch introduced and probably a reason why they pulled it back.

I'm currently testing some different files I managed to find. For now, I tested the patch I found on Paradox ftp that is slightly larger than the one available from Taleworlds. If you are interested, you can double check. You can find the patch on
ftp.paradoxplaza.com
u: press
p: parapress
Just go into old games directory and then into mount&blade. There should be a patch directory in there with a single patch inside.

The version I was running did not have the dialog bug and did not have the 32 troop type limitation.  I am not sure why this one was removed, maybe it was hard on older systems (due to more textures and more variety).  Once I fixed forest lag, my system can play very large battles on high textures.  The troop cap is just anoying. 

it ran just as smooth as the version I have now (without troop cap). 

Downloading and testing now.  Thanks for headup!

EDIT:  Tested it and it does not work.  Good try. 

Cyclohexane said:

It's not working for me. Maybe you or whoever reminded you about the patch should post in the support thread or try to contact Taleworlds. I hope we might see 1.020 patch in the near future :smile:

Nameless One said:
Cyclohexane said:

It's not working for me. Maybe you or whoever reminded you about the patch should post in the support thread or try to contact Taleworlds. I hope we might see 1.020 patch in the near future :smile:

I used members feature on forum to filter for positions and sent a PM to every single administrator and developer on the list.  No one has responded.  Where is support thread?  I'll copy and paste thread I placed on forge and community there as well. 

I am 100% certain it exists, just cannot find it :sad:

OK guys,
I found the mysterious Taleworlds ninja patch (thank you Swyter).  IMO, this is one of the most significant patches for M&B ever released.  It removes the 32 troop type limitation!

Download here:  M&B Repository
This patch is save game compatible, simply install over old copy (no need to uninstall first) and enjoy the troop cap limit being removed!

As a side note, I am not sure why Taleworlds released this patch in secrecy and then pulled it back for the older version currently on the Taleworlds server.  One way or the other, the patch runs Sword of Damocles (a huge mod) extremely stable on my machine (Vista64 with Nvidia GeForce 8800GT).  I have had zero crashes with max textures and 200 battle size anywhere on the map (including forest battles which was fixed independently of this patch). 

Cyclohexane said:
OK guys,
I found the mysterious Taleworlds ninja patch (thank you Swyter).  IMO, this is one of the most significant patches for M&B ever released.  It removes the 32 troop type limitation!

Download here:  M&B Repository
This patch is save game compatible, simply install over old copy (no need to uninstall first) and enjoy the troop cap limit being removed!

As a side note, I am not sure why Taleworlds released this patch in secrecy and then pulled it back for the older version currently on the Taleworlds server.  One way or the other, the patch runs Sword of Damocles (a huge mod) extremely stable on my machine (Vista64 with Nvidia GeForce 8800GT).  I have had zero crashes with max textures and 200 battle size anywhere on the map (including forest battles which was fixed independently of this patch).

Thanks for tracking this down cyclo, if it runs well on my computer it'll be the first time i'll be able to play SOD Gold since I upgraded to vista.

Update:
Ok, this patch is very cool but the game still crashes like before, I hope they come out with a fix soon...

Computica said:
Thanks for tracking this down cyclo, if it runs well on my computer it'll be the first time i'll be able to play SOD Gold since I upgraded to vista.

It runs vista with no issues, I think you mean Win7.  In that case I doubt it.  I think this came out before Win7 so I would not hold your breathe.  But give it a try, who knows...

I'll try to get all of SoD 5.0 on a server for you this weekend.  Let me know if the patch helps.  Another simple solution to a lot of crashes I recently made is fixing the forest lag (would overload even powerful machines).  That's not in patch but literally a tiny change to 3 scene files.

Keep us updated on Win7 issues with this patch

This has been bugging me for a LONG  time and now i can have all companions right :grin: and makes the game a bit more realistic THANK YOU!!!

Mailed Man said:
Is the Steam version up to date with this patch?

Hi guys gr8 work on SOD 5.
I was one of those few guys who played Old SOD dont remember which version only ...ie. never played native. Sadly i had left gaming for 1 year and now have come back after nearly 2 years on this game.
I also have tiny question. How can i find troop limit or identify that my steam version is having this ninja update or not. Thanking in anticipation.

Pretender
Old SOD fan. and frankly cant tell you how much this mod has changed or correct word grown ... it will be giant new experience...thnks :grin:

Not sure where you can find a troop limit, but you can easily test just by turning on cheats and running to all the guilds.  If it is over 32, then it accepted. 

I actually installed M&B from a CD so I'm can't say for certain. 

pretender said:
Mailed Man said:
Is the Steam version up to date with this patch?

Hi guys gr8 work on SOD 5.
I was one of those few guys who played Old SOD dont remember which version only ...ie. never played native. Sadly i had left gaming for 1 year and now have come back after nearly 2 years on this game.
I also have tiny question. How can i find troop limit or identify that my steam version is having this ninja update or not. Thanking in anticipation.

When you start the steam client look in the upper right hand corner of the game, when you can choose native or not. It gives you a patch number there. It is the same in Warband and F&S. It says Version X.XXX next the giant Mount & Blade words. Hope that helps.

My steam client has the ninja patch on it, so maybe steam users get special treatment  :razz:

Seems I remember a bug in the latest version of the Wedding Dance mod that caused crashes until
you upgraded with this 381mg patch, after that it was smooth sailing.

Actually I don't know if it was officially announced but the "Ninja Patch" is actually up for download on the TW official site. So if this is the case they probably decided to do this for steam too...

Heads up!  Even though the patch does allow you to have as many troop types as you like, when you recruit a NPC Hero to your party, a glitch in the program cuts the number of troop types you have back to 32.  So every slot of troop past #32 just disappears! 

So becareful abou thow many troop types you have until you get all your characters in place.....

White Fudge said:
Heads up!  Even though the patch does allow you to have as many troop types as you like, when you recruit a NPC Hero to your party, a glitch in the program cuts the number of troop types you have back to 32.  So every slot of troop past #32 just disappears! 

So becareful abou thow many troop types you have until you get all your characters in place.....

Can anyone confirm or corroborate this? I'm interested in knowing if this is isolated to his particular download, or if this is a problem with the entire patch.

Back
Top Bottom