Limits

Users who are viewing this thread

I just thought to say that I think limit on the athletics skill is ridiculous. I understand that it's probably there to limit the players from having an uber heavy armor wearing character, and to try and make it like it is in reality, but thing is that it limits the kick-assness much later in the game. For example: if you have a warrior with 27 strength and 27 agility he is still slow and encumbered by armour, which is bullcrap in my opinion. In reality, a man this strong and agile probably would have got used to the weight and have trained himself to move(or run) and fight in his gear appropriately. Which brings to another use I have - stamina bar. Well I like introduction of stamina and all and I know that many people already talked about the issues they have with it, but I think this was not mentioned before. Strength should influence stamina as well. If a man is strong then he is not that much burdened by his gear which conserves his stamina.

So to summarize my rambling, I humbly request an option to switch off skill limits, and beg of you, Idibil, to consider my thoughts about strength factor for stamina.

Apstinentas said:
I just thought to say that I think limit on the athletics skill is ridiculous. I understand that it's probably there to limit the players from having an uber heavy armor wearing character, and to try and make it like it is in reality, but thing is that it limits the kick-assness much later in the game. For example: if you have a warrior with 27 strength and 27 agility he is still slow and encumbered by armour, which is bullcrap in my opinion. In reality, a man this strong and agile probably would have got used to the weight and have trained himself to move(or run) and fight in his gear appropriately. Which brings to another use I have - stamina bar. Well I like introduction of stamina and all and I know that many people already talked about the issues they have with it, but I think this was not mentioned before. Strength should influence stamina as well. If a man is strong then he is not that much burdened by his gear which conserves his stamina.

So to summarize my rambling, I humbly request an option to switch off skill limits, and beg of you, Idibil, to consider my thoughts about strength factor for stamina.

U're basically saying what I've said excluding some other major issues I've found in the mod, M&B was always unbalanced, to balance the game they've made these surreal abilities u would gather in a long term game-play, this mod breaks the game balance as a game, turning it into some sort of living hell, if u play with all realism possible, and start as an ex-slave, for example, u are doomed into failure, specially after the nerf on the tournaments, the mod made the player skills insignificant embracing much more the luck factor and the "grind the hell out of everything", feels like playing a korean mmo, less then With Fire and Sword, but none the less, it feels like it...

The mod is awesome, the Role Play content is awesome, the idea, well, good but not awesome, it's a game after all, not reality, no one is gaining anything by playing a game, ppl do it to stress out a hard day, or, forget problems temporarily, not to snowball their real life stress with the game to end up having a brain colapse! lol And the game content, well, really mediocre...

I've offered my self to help, but seems like I've switched the "IGNORE" button for everyone automatically, my topic had a bunch of views but only 1 answer, from the man himself, I hope Idibil comes to understand where I'm trying to get here... If he let's me play the "game designer" for Brytenwalda I can actually make this mod a world-wide success, I mean, only if it had some proper propaganda around. hahaha

So basically, try to read my topic, it's a text-wall, but I think I could use some opinions, there's a lot to do in this mod for it to become the real Ultimate WB mod haha

EDIT: Link to my topic - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,228209.0.html

xdj1nn said:
Apstinentas said:

>> Wall of text

I understand your view, but do you know it's extremely easy to switch off the skill limits in Brytenwalda by using TweakMB/editing the txt files? You can set all skill limits to 15 if you'd like.

Howitzer said:
xdj1nn said:
Apstinentas said:

>> Wall of text

I understand your view, but do you know it's extremely easy to switch off the skill limits in Brytenwalda by using TweakMB/editing the txt files? You can set all skill limits to 15 if you'd like.

You should try to read what I say man, lazyness is what forces disgrace into this world, and ourselves (I mean my main topic) =)
TweakMB is for one user only thing, I mean to change the mod into something else!

Back
Top Bottom