Limitations for the chat

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello fellow unfortunate M&B-lovers.

I recently got muted (for a week) and while I wont deny having definitely been on and probably over the line of what could be considered offensive I just want to have some kind of clarification of what might be OK and not in the chat.

For example, when playing against the Aserai I will call them camel-lovers with obvious negative implications. Is this considered racist or stereotypical when talking about a fictional culture? I have called the Vlandians feudal jews which is likely what got me my mute (?) which I realise was a dumb thing (and makes me deserve the ban) to say but when I saw someone using the expression I found it hilarious. Sorry to have offended.

I of course have given the tip to press G to use the pike and dumb things like that which I would say is pretty harmless but might go under trolling?

Please note that I'm not trying to get out of my mute or w/e I just want to know if going forward it's OK to slander the other factions in the chat if I keep real world religions etc out of it. When I play Arerai I personally always use the camel so for me personally getting called camel-lover wouldn't be offensive as much as accurate.

Regards
Gripen

Racism is racism no matter the contexts, idk how this is hard for some players to understand. Using insensitive racist connotations for “trolling” does not make it okay. If u don’t want to get muted live by this rule “if it sounds racist, it’s probably racist.”

Last edited:
And elf calling a dwarf shorty in a fantasy game or the dwarf saying pointy-ears back would hardly be an offence despite being something that could be considered racist. Would you report someone for that in a LOTR-game? I get not writing about religion, skin-color or real-life likeness for the factions but in a game trying to emulate a fictional medieval battlefield I think there should exist some leeway in trying to vilify your enemy. How else could you justify cutting them down?

And elf calling a dwarf shorty in a fantasy game or the dwarf saying pointy-ears back would hardly be an offence despite being something that could be considered racist. Would you report someone for that in a LOTR-game? I get not writing about religion, skin-color or real-life likeness for the factions but in a game trying to emulate a fictional medieval battlefield I think there should exist some leeway in trying to vilify your enemy. How else could you justify cutting them down?
Yes but those races are clearly not inspired from things that ever existed.

Mount and blade is clearly based on the real world, hence why you called the aserai camel lovers.

For example, when playing against the Aserai I will call them camel-lovers with obvious negative implications. Is this considered racist or stereotypical when talking about a fictional culture?
Apparently Aserai are based on Arabs, so calling them camel lovers which kinda sounds like implying fornication might make people consider them some sort of racial slur like 1 2 (urban dictionary links).
I have called the Vlandians feudal jews which is likely what got me my mute
Why do you call some fictional people feudal Jews? As far as i know, some pharaoh made the Jews leave their homelands and until the foundation of modern Israel there is no coherent jewish state. In which ways they're similar exactly?

Yes but those races are clearly not inspired from things that ever existed.

Mount and blade is clearly based on the real world, hence why you called the aserai camel lovers.
I mean it wouldn't make sense to call the Sturgians camel-lovers as they dont have camels in multi-player. Only the Aserai have them. Is it me who is racist for saying that they love their camels or Taleworld for only giving them camels in that case?

Apparently Aserai are based on Arabs, so calling them camel lovers which kinda sounds like implying fornication might make people consider them some sort of racial slur like 1 2 (urban dictionary links).

Why do you call some fictional people feudal Jews? As far as i know, some pharaoh made the Jews leave their homelands and until the foundation of modern Israel there is no coherent jewish state. In which ways they're similar exactly?
As I already said in my original post I get that the feudal jews comment was inappropriate and mute-worthy. Im not trying to defend this. What I'm asking is; are we in any way allowed to vilify our enemies in this medieval-style game?

I think you can as long as you don't offend any real person.

Thank you. I may not agree fully with the rules if they are as steep as described in this thread but then I have to admit that I dont belong to any group of people that tends to be on the receiving end of the slander. I think it is common that people (like me) make a too small deal from what we joke about. I also think people get unneccesarily offended but then again, they may feel worse from the "joke" than I feel good for making it.

Edit: I'll stick to the generic "slay the invaders" etc for my rp purposes then.

I don't see any harm in calling the Aserai Camel lovers..that faction uses them alot, I find that funny :ROFLMAO: However calling Vlandians "feudal Jews" that's going beyond the fantasy and breaking the immersion.

Shouldn't even consider camel lovers as anything bad honestly, it's small banter between factions. Kind of like how you would tell the rhodoks to get off their hills.

Talking about dwarfs and elves is obviously racism. You are allowed to talk about TW developers though, since they are not a race. I mean they are a race, but TW doesn't directly imply that. Remember, just be smart in how you express your troll behaviour.

In 2020 you cannot breathe without offending someone.
Talking about dwarfs and elves is obviously racism. You are allowed to talk about TW developers though, since they are not a race. I mean they are a race, but TW doesn't directly imply that. Remember, just be smart in how you express your troll behaviour.
TW employees are actually robots if you didn't know already.

Back
Top Bottom