SP - General Limit the number of ally troops you can wound/kill without penalty

Users who are viewing this thread

I successfully used the following method to easily get some fief (in this case castle). While the castle was under siege I've joined attacking forces and started killing them with a bow while replenishing ammo from dead bodies and arrow's barrels.

I had to kill over 250 allies (not my troops), but in the end it was worth it since nobody retaliate immediately and I didn't lose any soldiers during the siege or my reputation with a friendly lords after the battle.

There were 2 scenarios I've come up with - first one you have to kill all allied troops before they kill all enemies (with current broken pathfinding it doesn't seems so hard if engaging forces are balanced) and after allies retreat just siege the castle by yourself (this one I didn't test).

Or just let them capture the castle and attack them afterwards - I managed to capture all lords and then siege empty/nearly empty castle. This way I've imprisoned 4-5 lords and a lot of wounded soldiers, recruited s.h.i.t-ton of high-level prisoners, earned over 20k gold and a lot of cargo + I have a damn castle and bow skill near 100. :smile:

To fix this I believe you shouldn't remove ability to replenish arrows during battles nor remove ability to wound allied trops this way, since it would be very annoying and boring to attack or defend as an archer (which I love to do), but instead add some cap. for killed/wounded allies from friendly fire* after which you will lose reputation with lord of given forces and after exceeding next threshold** you should be marked as enemy and be forced to defend yourself for treachery.

*probably sth around 15-20% of total forces that joined battle since sometimes it can be quite easy to kill/wound your ally's during huge battles
**probably no more than 33% - that should be more than enough to not exploit friendly fire too much, while still allowing to do this if somebody is planning bigger treachery in near future and punish those who want to exploit this feature too much

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom