Light Crossbow (Skill Requirement 0) - Solved

Users who are viewing this thread

Recently I created a new character with the idea of making a mercenary company. All would be crossbow men and we would support different armies of a particular faction.

I noticed that with the current crossbows you need a skill of 20. So I farmed exp in practice fights over and over until I reached crossbow level 20 (when I actually spawned with crossbow).
Then I started hiring companions, with the idea that they would be the foundation of my mercenary company, but alot of companions don't have any skill in crossbows and with the current available crossbow capped at 20 they can't develop this skill. So I have no control over their skills, unlike Warband.

I know it might seem petty, but I can't remember feeling this restricted in other Taleworld titles and having to farm the skill in the beginning is nonsensical especially when every other weapon type is available from the beginning. Naturally when criticising something I try to come up with a solution - use the same model as the level 20 crossbow and rename it light crossbow with 0 cap (along with weaker stats and value). I know this is early access and believe this solution should be easy to implement (correct me if I'm wrong as I have limited knowledge in game development).

Recently I created a new character with the idea of making a mercenary company. All would be crossbow men and we would support different armies of a particular faction.

I noticed that with the current crossbows you need a skill of 20. So I farmed exp in practice fights over and over until I reached crossbow level 20 (when I actually spawned with crossbow).
Then I started hiring companions, with the idea that they would be the foundation of my mercenary company, but alot of companions don't have any skill in crossbows and with the current available crossbow capped at 20 they can't develop this skill. So I have no control over their skills, unlike Warband.

I know it might seem petty, but I can't remember feeling this restricted in other Taleworld titles and having to farm the skill in the beginning is nonsensical especially when every other weapon type is available from the beginning. Naturally when criticising something I try to come up with a solution - use the same model as the level 20 crossbow and rename it light crossbow with 0 cap (along with weaker stats and value). I know this is early access and believe this solution should be easy to implement (correct me if I'm wrong as I have limited knowledge in game development).

There is already a light crossbow in the game, but it's exceedingly rare due to how stores stock goods and weapons.
I'd recommend visiting cities in factions that use crossbows, such as Vlandia etc, you might have a bigger chance there.

Back
Top Bottom