SP Apocalypse Lifeless: Zombie Apocalypse - Permanently Shelved at the bottom of the ocean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
xenoargh said:
Bows are auto-fire.  They can have ammunition > 1.

The rest of it's just animations and accuracy tweaks and minor content changes to make it look right, IIRC.  Cyclic rate == animation speed, which can be somewhat tweaked via weapon speed (set the initial animation time to .1 second, then 50 speed is roughly .2, etc., for a broad range of behaviors). 

There is no need for special code at all, and it can use "arrows" that are invisible, which is not a big deal, same with sound replacement (see Blood and Steel's source, which is available in every update for examples of how to do custom sounds for weapons instead of generic arrow-pull noises, custom code for dealing with things like shotguns efficiently, etc.).  See the crossbows in module_items, the various things like explosive_cannon_rounds, etc. in the source.

Then it's just down to specialized ammo types, and Blood and Steel has working example code for how to do that automatically, so that your "9mm handgun" can have "9mm ammo" without any hassles.  For that bit, see module_scripts, cf_ammo_system.

I'm really surprised nobody has figured this out yet.

Read my source, figure it out.  Don't send me PMs asking for help, I will be AFK and not around again after sometime tomorrow AM.
Semi-auto is not the same as autofire. Also, I am using the animation length for firing rate. It allows for realistic rates without using tons of triggers with different intervals. Also, triggers cause everyone to shoot in sync with each other.

I see Taleworlds removed auto-fire from bows, and there's apparently no way to turn it back on :???: 

I am sorry, I wasn't aware of this change to the engine :razz:

QuailLover said:
Oh question, is the mod set in a modern Calradia, or an actual place?

Eh, nondescript American place is what I'm going for so far.

I might make the whole map just one metropolitan area (New York, DC, Boston, Atlanta, Chicago, Minneapolis, Salt Lake City, San Francisco/LA, Portland or Seattle, etc.) with the different factions all vying for control of the city and its outlying burbs.

BattleOfValmy said:
QuailLover said:

I might make the whole map just one metropolitan area (New York, DC, Boston, Atlanta, Chicago, Minneapolis, Salt Lake City, San Francisco/LA, Portland or Seattle, etc.) with the different factions all vying for control of the city and its outlying burbs.

Why always in the US?

What's wrong about Madrid, Paris, London and Berlin? Or Rome, or Moscaw... They are all damn cool.

Indeed, if you could just break the US zombie fetish for one mod I would cry tears of happines.

Edit: Ithlien:
hahaohwow.jpg

I heard they tried to make a zombie video game based in Europe once.There were no survivors..

Revan Shan said:
BattleOfValmy said:
QuailLover said:

Why always in the US?

What's wrong about Madrid, Paris, London and Berlin? Or Rome, or Moscaw... They are all damn cool.
But America is cooler.

Comrade Temuzu said:
BadaBoomBadaBang said:
Wouldn't it be easier to make it a pure MP mod...?
Its harder to kill a SP mod :smile:

Good luck, Valmy, I hope you manage yourself. Also, incase youre looking for sceners, just say the magic word :wink:

Agreed, good luck Val!

QuailLover said:
I think it would be interesting to have it set in a modern day Praven or somthing like that.

No, that would suck compared to anything based on real modern day. And to be sincere, I'm sick of Native based mods. Just imagine 'modern day Gondor', it doesn't fit, and that knowing that Gondor owns Praven. Native is so... superficial. It cannot be even called a 'world', it's a damn island with 6 factions. No deep quests, no heros, no special landscapes or settlements. In fact, lets face it, Native is just a base. A bit less worked and it wouldn't be suposed to playable.

I would preffer to play in Rancho Cucamonga (US) than in Praven. But back to the previous point. Europe would really kick ass.

"Because America is better."

- I once read that 15% of the world's economy depended on the US, and that 40% depended on Europe (not taking Russia into account).

- The fact that US has thousands of nuclear misiles doesn't mean that the European Union couldn't be able to build 3 times that many weapons.

Plus, California, Eastern coast, CHicago and 2 places more can look cool. But the rest are desserts and even 3rd world looking places. The US isn't that good.

Just because Europe is 'the 'old world' doesn't mean that the only buildings we have are castles and stone brick hauses. Plus, we are actually the centre of the world! Everything goes 'around us'. So it would be really nice to see somth cool and new. Moscaw, Rome, Berlin... Cummon, don't tell me that wouldn't kick ass!

Killing Zombies and shouting Ich bin ein Berliner! lol

Revan Shan said:
Plus, California, Eastern coast, CHicago and 2 places more can look cool. But the rest are desserts and even 3rd world looking places. The US isn't that good.

You must not be from north america.

What? Of course it has to be in the US, if it's a zombie mod! NYC I should hope. Come on man, for such a genre some things are just expected.

BattleOfValmy said:
Revan Shan said:

You must not be from north america.

You must not be from Europe. ( I no you aren't  but wanted to say that cause Europe is better then America.)

US is an emulation of Europe. It's a copy paste of Anglosaxon and Spanish culture in a big island.

Now, back to the point about the mod. If anybody wants NY you have Fallout 3, GTA IV... cummon. Let's be original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom