SP Apocalypse Lifeless: Zombie Apocalypse - Permanently Shelved at the bottom of the ocean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was locked, as Shred isn't working on the mod anymore, and I took over.

Well in a zombie apocolypse I wouldn't be shooting even a fully automatic rifle in auto mode, just semi autimaticaly- one shot to head , next target one shot to head.

Fascinating mod concept, best of luck to you.

I guess much of the action would take place in town/village scenes, scavenging for food, gasoline, and supplies?
If modeling two dozen street scenes becomes laborsome or you need variety, maybe some of these scenes could be a warehouse or garage interior. This would allow a smaller but still detailed scene which does not require buildings in the distance.

Fief improvements of a generator, alarm system, medical station, etc. You've likely thought of an over-arcing quest for 'find the cure', 'make a vaccine', or 'make a chemical weapon to kill these mofos' already. Find some books, seek out scientist, capture some subjects, science it up, ???, profit!  Also some story convenient 'electric collar' which allows you to add zombies to your party to fight for you as fodder could be fun. End noob rant asking for random features.

If you do try to implement automatic weapons, be sure to check with the China battlefield people such as William Berne, he has a working system of it, as well as some gas masks that look very police-statey which the government could use.

Dah said:

I guess much of the action would take place in town/village scenes, scavenging for food, gasoline, and supplies?
If modeling two dozen street scenes becomes laborsome or you need variety, maybe some of these scenes could be a warehouse or garage interior. This would allow a smaller but still detailed scene which does not require buildings in the distance.

Fief improvements of a generator, alarm system, medical station, etc. You've likely thought of an over-arcing quest for 'find the cure', 'make a vaccine', or 'make a chemical weapon to kill these mofos' already. Find some books, seek out scientist, capture some subjects, science it up, ???, profit!  Also some story convenient 'electric collar' which allows you to add zombies to your party to fight for you as fodder could be fun. End noob rant asking for random features.

If you do try to implement automatic weapons, be sure to check with the China battlefield people such as William Berne, he has a working system of it, as well as some gas masks that look very police-statey which the government could use.

Those Electric Collar and find the cure things are sorta... well... not zombie ish, I mean, I woudnt put and Electric collar on a zombie, mostly cause zombies are dead so electic stuff doesn't work.

Dah said:

I like a lot of these ideas. Most of them things I'll implement.

Longshaft said:
Well in a zombie apocolypse I wouldn't be shooting even a fully automatic rifle in auto mode, just semi autimaticaly- one shot to head , next target one shot to head.
That only works if the zombies are using most of their brains. Based on different mutations they may have lost use for the brain so headshots would be less effective.

Yeah but even if they are gay L4D zombies then you still need to aim, and in full auto weapons don't fire in a single staight line. Its not like CoD :razz:

i don't know if many of you know this but itilien ranger has been working on a fully functional bug free auto firing script for some time now so all this talk about how we don't need auto firing and how we should go use china battlefields simpler code is kind of a slap in the face.The china battle field modder will tell you the same thing

Bows are auto-fire.  They can have ammunition > 1.

The rest of it's just animations and accuracy tweaks and minor content changes to make it look right, IIRC.  Cyclic rate == animation speed, which can be somewhat tweaked via weapon speed (set the initial animation time to .1 second, then 50 speed is roughly .2, etc., for a broad range of behaviors). 

There is no need for special code at all, and it can use "arrows" that are invisible, which is not a big deal, same with sound replacement (see Blood and Steel's source, which is available in every update for examples of how to do custom sounds for weapons instead of generic arrow-pull noises, custom code for dealing with things like shotguns efficiently, etc.).  See the crossbows in module_items, the various things like explosive_cannon_rounds, etc. in the source.

Then it's just down to specialized ammo types, and Blood and Steel has working example code for how to do that automatically, so that your "9mm handgun" can have "9mm ammo" without any hassles.  For that bit, see module_scripts, cf_ammo_system.

I'm really surprised nobody has figured this out yet.

Read my source, figure it out.  Don't send me PMs asking for help, I will be AFK and not around again after sometime tomorrow AM.

xenoargh said:
Then it's just down to specialized ammo types, and Blood and Steel has working example code for how to do that automatically, so that your "9mm handgun" can have "9mm ammo" without any hassles.  For that bit, see module_scripts, cf_ammo_system.

I'm really suprised nobody has figured this out yet.

The mod G.U.T.S. died because of that isue, the guy who was making the mod wasn't able to get it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom