Li guerreier de Moretoin

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LTFQl0C.png
We are a community called NovaAllianceGamers. We will focus on few mods that are for Mount&Blade: Warband. The clan isn't big and we won't make it really big. But we're always looking for new recruits. We are currently active in another mod Mount&Gladius, and we play there as cavalry (Equites Singulares Augusti). We chose VikingR because the mod really needs support and players. I haven't played new version myself yet, but I've played the older version and they were fantastic. We're hoping that VikingR community will let us in and play with them to have fun. Aswell as joining every possible event that will happen on this great mod.
Fkdgwke.png
Chieftan- The leader of the army
Jarl- Basically 2nd in command of the army, he leads if King is not there or King gives order to lead
Herse- 3rd in command, he takes over if Jarl or King ain't there
Huskarl- Veteran fighter in the army
Thegn- A fighter who has been in the army for a while and showed his skills as a warrior
Dreng-  A recruit who has just joined the army

U7lTIOk.png
Odin_de_Moretoin (Scippio)
Higgison_de_Moretoin
Willeim_de_Moretoin (Rad)
Osmunt_de_Moretoin (Commander)
Radulf_de_Moretoin (Acteaon)
Ormward_de_Moretoin (Luigi)
Toby_de_Moretoin
Lollis_de_Moretoin
OdinJr_de_Moretoin
Aidan_de_Moretoin
Herman_de_Moretoin​

UadCXSA.png
Code:
[b]Steam name:
Ingame name:
Your Norman name:
Experience in combat:
How old are you:
EU or NA:
Why do you want to join:
Will you be active:[/b]

Note: If you join this VikingR clan, doesn't mean you have joined our community. We only pick the most active members, if you're active we will ask you if you want to join us.​

XEOkkaI.png
My steam name: IL_Scippio
NovaAllianceGamers.com

Oh, look, Scippio.

Didn't the Ynglinga-guys say that they were descendants of Frej, the god with massive male genitals? Or was it a different royal family?

jepekula said:
Oh, look, Scippio.

Didn't the Ynglinga-guys say that they were descendants of Frej, the god with massive male genitals? Or was it a different royal family?

Not sure Jepe, I don't know anything about Vikings that much. :3

Since you've taken a relatively minor step towards attempting some degree of historical accuracy (uh?), would it not be worth the extra effort to take a period correct name also? I realise that you're from M&G but Luigi, Toby and Rad!

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Since you've taken a relatively minor step towards attempting some degree of historical accuracy (uh?), would it not be worth the extra effort to take a period correct name also? I realise that you're from M&G but Luigi, Toby and Rad!

I know, but I don't think it really matters tbh. I would have to think of everyones name then, including mine. And knowing myself, I don't go for Historical Accuracy, I like to have fun. The names *Luigi, Toby...* are the names they use in every mod or game we play the mod for fun.

Welcome!

I'd like to echo Eiríkr's suggestion about the names. It's ultimately up to you, of course, but if you want to be taken seriously by the community it will probably be necessary. I'd also suggest playing as the Ynglingar, with a king and everything, is rather too ambitious. To quote the Víkingr clans thread:
Claims to an "absolute" clan are frowned upon, and the historical leaders positions should be saved for events, so that instead of declaring your clan being an entire faction, with yourself the king, you should rather take a more moderate and humble background, like an earl, chieftain or higher nobleman leading a household, tribe or even just bloodthirsty rabble.

jepekula said:
Yng < Ingwaz is believed to be the original name of Freyr. Etymologically, "Freyr" just means "Lord".

IL_Scippio said:
Leifr Eiríksson said:

I know, but I don't think it really matters tbh. I would have to think of everyones name then, including mine. And knowing myself, I don't go for Historical Accuracy, I like to have fun. The names *Luigi, Toby...* are the names they use in every mod or game we play the mod for fun.

I see.
It does matter unfortunately, I now know that you're a bit of a lazy **** who can't be arsed to put proper effort into things (we're only here for fun fun fun excuse). Fortunately for you there isn't much work to be done; the kindly Víkingr community crafted this compendium of names (and compiled by Eadric) for use at your leisure.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
IL_Scippio said:
Leifr Eiríksson said:

I see.
It does matter unfortunately, I now know that you're a bit of a lazy **** who can't be arsed to put proper effort into things (we're only here for fun fun fun excuse). Fortunately for you there isn't much work to be done; the kindly Víkingr community crafted this compendium of names (and compiled by Eadric) for use at your leisure.

And particular reason why you're calling me *lazy *****? All I wanted to do is create a thread and have fun, but as I see it now it needs to be 100% accurate...

hrotha said:
Welcome!

I'd like to echo Eiríkr's suggestion about the names. It's ultimately up to you, of course, but if you want to be taken seriously by the community it will probably be necessary. I'd also suggest playing as the Ynglingar, with a king and everything, is rather too ambitious. To quote the Víkingr clans thread:
Claims to an "absolute" clan are frowned upon, and the historical leaders positions should be saved for events, so that instead of declaring your clan being an entire faction, with yourself the king, you should rather take a more moderate and humble background, like an earl, chieftain or higher nobleman leading a household, tribe or even just bloodthirsty rabble.

jepekula said:
Yng < Ingwaz is believed to be the original name of Freyr. Etymologically, "Freyr" just means "Lord".

Didn't see that before, but ok. I'll change the rank *King* to Chieftan and now need to find a new name...

Time for the truth-hat.
Threads like this are a dime a dozen (although many have been purged out of existence); some dude thinks it's a great idea to make a thread with some ad-hoc names that have little to no bearing upon the actual experience of playing the mod. It's perfectly understandable that people play this on a casual basis with the little free time they have (we all have different games to play, things to study, women to ****, beer to drink) but it's not a terribly bright thing to be purposely negligent of the presentation of one's group. **** man! You've even gone some way to copy-pasta the Wiki entry for the Yngvald without any real knowledge of what you're representing.

Look at the following groups and threads, they've all lasted the test of time and they're all pretty great guys (even the newer US group).
Fir Áraig.
Hæringar.
Clann Uí hUiginn.
Fyrningas.
Chasa Yuloin.

You get the idea dude... For a little bit of extra effort on your part (the research and use of proper names for the Vikingr experience), you'd be taking some pride in your group, a fancy name to boot (which feels fabulous!) and you wouldn't be experiencing this by my hand. Clan threads are clan threads but this isn't M&G - take some pride dude. But hey, it doesn't matter at the end right? You're only here to play Víkingr.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Time for the truth-hat.
Threads like this are a dime a dozen (although many have been purged out of existence); some dude thinks it's a great idea to make a thread with some ad-hoc names that have little to no bearing upon the actual experience of playing the mod. It's perfectly understandable that people play this on a casual basis with the little free time they have (we all have different games to play, things to study, women to ****, beer to drink) but it's not a terribly bright thing to be purposely negligent of the presentation of one's group. **** man! You've even gone some way to copy-pasta the Wiki entry for the Yngvald without any real knowledge of what you're representing.

Look at the following groups and threads, they've all lasted the test of time and they're all pretty great guys (even the newer US group).
Fir Áraig.
Hæringar.
Clann Uí hUiginn.
Fyrningas.
Chasa Yuloin.

You get the idea dude... For a little bit of extra effort on your part (the research and use of proper names for the Vikingr experience), you'd be taking some pride in your group, a fancy name to boot (which feels fabulous!) and you wouldn't be experiencing this by my hand. Clan threads are clan threads but this isn't M&G - take some pride dude. But hey, it doesn't matter at the end right? You're only here to play Víkingr.

I never said this is MnG. And I've played this mod before and some of my members have too. I can do the names historically accurate and will do that, since you're basically making me to. We're working on finding the names for ourselves now.

There a few other clans worth checking out (browse the clan board at your pleasure).

I think the point is that most of the clans have some historical background and most are dedicated to a specific faction e.g. Fir Áraig is with Goidil, Fyrningas is with Engle, Les Maisnees del Vis****e d'Iveri is with Normant, Erlingar is with Nordmenn, you get the idea. It's also good to remember is that most clans, when it comes to historical events, will take a special name for that event depending on what faction they choose to be a part of, so it is worth to bear that in mind.

As is always the case, the detailed research of both clans and events is what seperates Vikingr from other mods.

Our website is up and has a seperate section for Vikingr if interested. Vikingr mods can get moderator on the subboard if they want to. :smile:
http://www.novaalliancegamers.com/index.php

Well, to be fair the r in víkingr would be transcribed as ʀ in Old East Norse (the ancestor of Danish and Swedish) :mrgreen:

Anyway, do you want help to make things more immersive and authentic? If so, just ask. Your new clan name* and some of the personal names seem to suggest you're going for a Norman clan, but in that case the Norse ranks wouldn't be suitable. Although I'd just recommend ditching the ranks altogether, other than the leader rank, because they don't work too well in this setting. This isn't the Roman army, with a detailed system of ranks and offices, after all.

*Assuming 'Mortain' here is the name of the French commune in Normandy.

Not going to lie Scippio, the members of the  VikingR community seem like a bunch of hostile, juvenile little buggers. I'd recommend dismissing attempts to boost the numbers of their community and stick with what you know my friend :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom