SP Native Leveling Rebalance

Users who are viewing this thread

Marek15

Veteran
Rebalances the leveling system to make the leveling rate more consistent compared to vanilla. Now you can actually reach skill level 300 before the heat death of the universe.

Starting a new game is highly recommended.

2228-1601940523-869359755.jpeg

Comes in 2 flavors.
The standard version only changes things strictly related to the leveling system.
The plus version changes a couple of things not directly related to the leveling system.

List of changes for both versions:
  • The sp required to level up a character now increases linearly instead of exponentially: 6000+(800 x character level).
  • The xp required to level up a skill now increases linearly instead of exponentially: 500+(10 x skill level)
  • The learning rate remains static as you level up instead of decreasing.
  • Earn an attribute point every 2 levels instead of 4.
  • Tweaked the xp rewards of many actions to so they do not level up too slowly or too quickly.

List of changes for the Plus versions:
  • Altered to equipment value formula to make high tier items reasonably priced while cheaper items remain almost the same. Up to a 95% price reduction for the most expensive items, no more 100k javelins or 500k armor.
  • Changed research points required to unlock new components from a exponential formula to a static value. (each time you craft or smelt something you gain hidden research points based on the item value of what was crafted or smelted)

Download Link

Feedback is welcomed as it helps improve the mod. Let me know if you feel something levels up too quickly or too slowly.

Last edited:
I have created a new experimental version for those who feel like being my test subject.
List of changes in the experimental version:
  • Learning limit is based exclusively on attribute points: "attribute points x 30".
  • Learning rate is based exclusively on focus points: "1 + focus points".
  • Every skill level over the limit reduces the learning rate by 0.2.
UPDATE: the experimental version has been discontinued due to my own laziness.

Last edited:
This mod improves the character development experience immeasurably. (y)

The learning rate remains static as you level up instead of decreasing.
YEEEEEES!!!!! Now that my 1.5.7 bug catching is done (I think), I wanna try a this mod on a new game!
This feature (or removal of...) has been my #1 wish all year! So tired of all my characters ending up a level 35+ useless piece of :poop: who never learned what I wanted!
Edit: TBF the one where I maxed cunning did get 275+ scouting perk and was pretty good in that regard :smile:

Last edited:
How do I install this mod?
If I put entire contents of zip file in Modules I get a pop up with *_* face telling me it wants to send files over internet and it crashes
EDIT: It seems unable to work on my current, at the moment, newest game version :/

Last edited:
I love the idea of this mod. But even the latest version of the mod to work with the current version of the game. Any chance you could find the time to fix that?

Back
Top Bottom