level up Medicine skill - SO SLOW!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

so I found a Surgeon guy as companion with 80 skill in medicine in very early game, I did assign his role as Surgeon in my party
now I have played 200+ game days, and his skill level is still 87??
you got to be kidding me?? Why he is so slow to level up? I did let him fight all the time in the battle, give him good armor and weapon

and he still so slow to level up??? I have many times have many wounded soldiers

so I heard some genius smart guy in forum said we can starve the troops and let surgeon heal them to level up faster???
is that true??
Do I have to do this to level up faster?? there's no other way??

so I found a Surgeon guy as companion with 80 skill in medicine in very early game, I did assign his role as Surgeon in my party
now I have played 200+ game days, and his skill level is still 87??
you got to be kidding me?? Why he is so slow to level up? I did let him fight all the time in the battle, give him good armor and weapon

and he still so slow to level up??? I have many times have many wounded soldiers

so I heard some genius smart guy in forum said we can starve the troops and let surgeon heal them to level up faster???
is that true??
Do I have to do this to level up faster?? there's no other way??
It's still miserably slow to starve and heal troops. It's just that you 'can' do it. It's just a slow, stingy, badly designed skill.
2 things that can help are bringing a bunch of crappy troops (infantry) with you, (along with your good troops) and rush the crappy troops to death ever fight (and heal them in between). Sure, the down side is you're never at you full power, but it's something you can do.

Likewise, if you can make an army with companion party, put your good troops in the companion party and lotsa crappy troops in yours and... you see where this is going, you get your troops killed for medicine and use your companions good troops to win the fights.

Really it's so slow though, that I recommend just getting it to 50-75 on MC for the perks that will heal MC after battle then switching to a surgeon companion with better medicine (some can have 120) and just letting it go.

Last edited:
Yeah, the only way to even remotely level it is to play pretty "unnaturally" and even then the highest I got was like 145-160 or thereabouts.

I use to take a crossbow or bow with blunt ammo and shoot troops after every encounter it not only leveled up my archery/crossbow skill but made medicine go up too. Unfortunately I think it got nerfed a couple of patches ago. The only other way I've been able to level up medicine is by recruiting a bunch of looters and t1 troops and let them get slaughtered before my main army goes it. It's a stupid way to play but TW forces this kind of crap on us because of the how insanely slow medicine levels.

Back
Top Bottom