level 275 Scout + Khuzait speed bonus is insane!

Users who are viewing this thread

seriously, the perk Uncanny Insight can give you a minimum of 7.5% speed increase! and if you decide too have a party only consisting of cavalry you are already have a 10% faster with khuzaits. combining them together with other perks and you are going about 20% faster! plus I can see the up to next city that I am in! a can practically snipe enemy lords before they knew what hit them. I'm looking at other final perks for other skills, but no other perk is as powerful as this. should other final perks be this powerful, should this be nerfed or should it stay as is?

Yeah it's very good, If you do 10 cunning it can get even higher.

How are you even getting scouting to level 275 is what I want to know...

I prefer Battania's bonus over Khuzaits generally.
If you're on 1.5.10 then it levels pretty well (as it did in older versions), however on 1.5.9 there's some kind of problem, (possibly not enough tracks from parties) that made it very slow to raise up, too me like 10 years to get it to 150 in 1.5.9, compared to older versions where I would be 250+ by around 500 days. You just ride around and see track or hide out and get exp, also a little just from riding around in wood/snow and such.

but no other perk is as powerful as this.

Dude. Your long sightedness and speed are nothing if I've bought every city you might possibly visit.

Trade will always be the most powerful perk tree - especially in 1.5.10 now that levelling works well. Money always wins in the end.

If you're on 1.5.10 then it levels pretty well (as it did in older versions),

Companions are advancing really well too now. I've only had my 'of the hills' scout for an in game year and he's up to 190 already without any special treatment.

Not to mention how quickly charm is levelling thanks to companions in cities.

It just feels like levelling up is working now. I'm not over-levelling - as in being the best at everything. But I'm levelling well in the traits I want to level in - and it isn't causing any sort of trait inflation (Ai characters becoming OP to nullify your improvement) as far as I can see.

Last edited:
should other final perks be this powerful, should this be nerfed or should it stay as is?
They should be as powerful, most are kinda junk. Although I raise cunning to 10 to max this perk, it's only good, it's not really OP. You can already become faster then most parties just building an all cav party, so having even more speed is just convenient. It has other unitily like hauling large amount of prisoner or food without being too slow, but it's just a good usefull perk.

Arguably the Leadership perk is stronger as it increases you actual field power via increased party size(s), however I prefer 1 leaner party and don't use armies and don't like to have vassals/kingdom, so the speed perk is much better for me.

Trade will always be the most powerful perk tree. Money always wins.
I can take the towns by force and the AI is powerless to stop me :smile:
I have new dirty trick too :smile:

All capstones should be impactful, even if it's just for the gameplay loop they support. It's a single player game - always start by buffing the underwhelming. Nerfing the good stuff is a double-edged sword.

EDIT: Consider that the main reason the OP considers this to be stupid powerful is because hunting down and kicking the everliving dookie out of lords is what they play the game for. The trade perks will only seem powerful to players who enjoy being obscenely rich in Bannerlord, etc.

Last edited:
If you're on 1.5.10 then it levels pretty well (as it did in older versions), however on 1.5.9 there's some kind of problem, (possibly not enough tracks from parties) that made it very slow to raise up, too me like 10 years to get it to 150 in 1.5.9, compared to older versions where I would be 250+ by around 500 days. You just ride around and see track or hide out and get exp, also a little just from riding around in wood/snow and such.

Do no about 1.5.10 but in older versions problem was, that on low scouting skill you simply wouldn't see tracks to begin with. Therefore scouting was leveling in a odd way. Higher the skill was, the easier it was to raise because more tracks became visible.

Do no about 1.5.10 but in older versions problem was, that on low scouting skill you simply wouldn't see tracks to begin with. Therefore scouting was leveling in a odd way. Higher the skill was, the easier it was to raise because more tracks became visible.
This is still the case, you can jump start scouting by finding some hideouts and also I think (but don't know) that large enemy parties like armies are easier to see track of, I notice a lot faster progress if I'm in a war and run around enemy territory a lot.

Damn now this will get "adjusted" too. #lookatathletics
It's always a worry but the fact it's 275+ (and really you need 333 max skill for full benefit) means hardly anyone will ever get it anyways.
As long as "semi-popular-streamer' doesn't do a big flashy song and dance about how Ooooohpeeeeeeeee something is, it probably gets left alone.
Then again #remberspingofgold
^did I do it right? is my comment snarky now that I added the sharp sign to it?

It would be nice if they would revisit some of the other 275 perks and give them little more play. "you swing your weapon so hard and fast that now you can swing it .1% harder and faster per skill" isn't so great when you already 1hko most thing anyways.

This is still the case, you can jump start scouting by finding some hideouts and also I think (but don't know) that large enemy parties like armies are easier to see track of, I notice a lot faster progress if I'm in a war and run around enemy territory a lot.

Yes, hideouts give some nice XP, however they are so few and far between that it takes forever to get to the level when Scouting starts leveling as somewhat decent speed. Which is at around level 40-60. Coupled with the fact that scouting does very little at low levels, it's one of the most if not the most annoying skill to level on characters without any starting XP there.

Trade will always be the most powerful perk tree - especially in 1.5.10 now that levelling works well. Money always wins in the end.
Wow, whoa, wait a minute.. Have they actually made it right after all... You tell me i don't have to spent my entire life buying and selling to be finally able to buy some estates?

Have they also fixed such stupid diplo behaviour when you could buy all fiefs from your enemies?

I somehow missed all those news in a past patch notes. I hope it is just me getting old and loosing perception..

the 10% or 7.5% speed boost sounds great but it's really not much. first the cavalry speed bonus itself is like 1.5 at most with a pure cavalry army. and 10% is 0.15, not gonna make a huge difference in a chase, but every little bit counts. and the 7.5% is good, but once again, you are not going to get 275 scouting any time soon, and when you do. you'll be dragging around large enough parties that the base speed itself is so much lower that the bonus makes no difference.

so far the best improvement of speed i've ever seen is the 50% reduction of herd penalty. sometimes i have -1.5 speed with a huge herd, and that right the way gives 0.75 back

Wow, whoa, wait a minute.. Have they actually made it right after all... You tell me i don't have to spent my entire life buying and selling to be finally able to buy some estates?

Have they also fixed such stupid diplo behaviour when you could buy all fiefs from your enemies?

I somehow missed all those news in a past patch notes. I hope it is just me getting old and loosing perception..

Now that levelling has been sorted out it is much easier to level trade up.

Now that levelling has been sorted out it is much easier to level trade up.
Then it is only partially fixed on the basis of side effect rather than intentional. Many aspects of trading did not make sense at all. But don't get me wrong it is still good news that levelling is fixed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom