Would you like an option for unlimited/large amounts of corpses to be displayed on the battlefield?

• Yes

Votes: 107 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 26 19.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Computer..... framerate.... LAAAGGG
I wonder how the lag compares. What is worse, having a script running in the background constantly checking for and removing dead bodies or simply leaving them there? Bannerlord is already a CPU intensive game, perhaps by allowing bodies to stay, we free up some of that. But what do I know? I'm not a developer.

Leaving the bodies would be heavier on the GPU, which isn't taking that much of a beating in the first place, compared to the CPU.

I wonder how the lag compares. What is worse, having a script running in the background constantly checking for and removing dead bodies or simply leaving them there? Bannerlord is already a CPU intensive game, perhaps by allowing bodies to stay, we free up some of that. But what do I know? I'm not a developer.

Leaving the bodies would be heavier on the GPU, which isn't taking that much of a beating in the first place, compared to the CPU.
Yeah, I agree. Directing some of that stress to the GPU would probably work better honestly, look at my other thread though I think you'll find it interesting.

Anyway, it seems to be limitless with the batletest.

2020.03.03-23.24.jpg

...and on the other side
2020.03.03-23.37_01.jpg
Very interesting!

Did you notice any significant lag compared to when bodies aren't left on the field?

Maybe they could include the option in a .ini file and put warnings on it affecting the performance and stability of the game. Also I think it's best to have bodies stay incorporeal as it avoids the pathfinding issue and looks better than a bunch of discarded weapons.

It's quite satisfying to see the aftermath of a large battle.
fn-sC.png

Maybe they could include the option in a .ini file and put warnings on it affecting the performance and stability of the game. Also I think it's best to have bodies stay incorporeal as it avoids the pathfinding issue and looks better than a bunch of discarded weapons.

It's quite satisfying to see the aftermath of a large battle.
fn-sC.png
Yeah I agree, were you using script extender in that picture?

In my other thread someone said the battle test mod had infinite corpses and didn't lag at all. Get out of here with your trolling
The battle test mod isn't the best example, it is a much more basic environment without a lot of the processes. Also, how was I trolling. I simply said lag lol. I completely support this idea as long as it can be disabled. Nice over reaction tho.

Thx for the input. You could -snip-

Where did I say that no one should be able to have it because my computer can't run it. I just said framerate LOL.

Over the course of a long battle with thousands of units, unlimited bodies would cause more lag. A script that simply clears bodies every X amount of time would take less resources.

For some reason, I guess people completely took the three words I posted way out of context.

I am NOT I repeat NOT saying that they should not put this in the game. I was SIMPLY COMMENTING on my PERSONAL computers ability to handle this. I 100% SUPPORT IMPLEMENTING THIS IDEA as long as it has an option to turn it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
The battle test mod isn't the best example, it is a much more basic environment without a lot of the processes. Also, how was I trolling. I simply said lag lol. I completely support this idea as long as it can be disabled. Nice over reaction tho.

Where did I say that no one should be able to have it because my computer can't run it. I just said framerate LOL.

Over the course of a long battle with thousands of units, unlimited bodies would cause more lag. A script that simply clears bodies every X amount of time would take less resources.

For some reason, I guess people completely took the three words I posted way out of context.

I am NOT I repeat NOT saying that they should not put this in the game. I was SIMPLY COMMENTING on my PERSONAL computers ability to handle this. I 100% SUPPORT IMPLEMENTING THIS IDEA as long as it has an option to turn it off.
This game is very cpu intensive. Taking some of the load off the cpu and putting it on the gpu isn't a bad idea. As was demonstrated someone did the battle test mod and had no lag with the corpses. I'm not sure what his specs are but still. Not exactly sure how battle test is a "more basic environment" as the battle field is still the battle field, but if you could elaborate on what you mean by that.

Back
Top Bottom