Would you like an option for unlimited/large amounts of corpses to be displayed on the battlefield?

• Yes

Votes: 107 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 26 19.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

So, how does the game render a view when you're inside a pile of corpses without physics. Not saying it's impossible, but there are implications to consider. It's apparently not quite as simple as just bumping up a number, otherwise the developers wouldn't have seen a need to create code to remove excess corpses from the battlefield.
the code works on a limit, we're asking for the limit to be increased. The reason it's a view is because with battlefields that are much bigger with more spread out armies the chances that a pile of bodies appears in one single location is extremely rare.

why are we talking about performance here? everyone is aware that having 1000 corpses is a heavy toll on pc, but if his pc can do it then let him have it
because I want to make a makeshift barricade out of bodies like in all the movies, my computer may melt but that's what I want

I am hoping that it won't take a mod to enable this. I would rather have this be a configurable option in the game's settings. Perhaps a "Max Corpses On The Battlefield" setting that you could change based on your PC's performance (or lack there of).

I am hoping that it won't take a mod to enable this. I would rather have this be a configurable option in the game's settings. Perhaps a "Max Corpses On The Battlefield" setting that you could change based on your PC's performance (or lack there of).
That's exactly what I'm saying. If i had to wait for a modder to do this i'd be disappointed. Warband use to have infinite corpses but they got rid of it because of performance, which is foolish to outright get rid of it instead of offering an option.

For me it is not a priority but I understand why people would want it. I don't understand why it is a problem to just wait for a modder to do it if talewords doesn't though? I mean it will probably be a pretty early mod if a lot of people want it and it is as simple as changing a line or two in a text file. A lot of the mount and blade experience comes from mods.

For me it is not a priority but I understand why people would want it. I don't understand why it is a problem to just wait for a modder to do it if talewords doesn't though? I mean it will probably be a pretty early mod if a lot of people want it and it is as simple as changing a line or two in a text file. A lot of the mount and blade experience comes from mods.
a mod would probably be unstable compared to taleworlds implementing it.

Back
Top Bottom