Let's talk about the combat IA

Users who are viewing this thread

Mppqlmd

Regular
I have to say... i'm kinda impressed about the stuff the IA is able to pull out in combat.

I mean, sure, the IA doesn't understand stairs or walls and watching it trying to defend a castle is kinda cute, but in field battles i've seen some pretty advanced stuff.

- The looter's accuracy has gone through the roof. My god, in WB riding in circles would make them miss it all, here you have to constantly descelerate and accelerate, shift direction or they will reliably calculate your speed and position to hit you with those rocks.

- The IA actually uses feints and parries effectively, and i struggle to block hits from even one opponent !

- The IA knows when it has more archers than you, and will just wait for you to come instead of rushing you. It will try to park them on a hill, or form a ring around them, make them catch you at the other side of a river, etc.

- The enemy cavalry will actively try to flank you, avoiding contact, get behind you and murder your archers.

- If you fight with some allied lords, they will give you instructions like "form a defensive line", "go flank them", "retreat and play it defensively" or "go full ham", and i must say i was really surprized to see that and it added a lot to the immersion.

This game has a lot to do in order to be anywhere near the finish line, but some of the things they added are really pleasant and i wanted to state it.

All right. I agree on that.

But now rush on the side of your infantry opponent and circle around him. He will not be able to turn around quickly and will stop parrying.

You can beat any opponent that way. Really disappointing. This is a gamebreaking mod and I hope it will be fixed in the next days.

Ah, didn't know that, it's kinda hilarious :smile:

But yeah, 90% of the thread in this forum is about stuff not working, and it's very important to point out the mistakes, bugs and missing features so they can be ironed (i did my part of bug complaining as well), but pointing out what works well is also important so the devs can know when their job was successful.

One of the reasons you can't block effectively is the automatic directional blocking option which was the default in Warband has been completely removed for whatever reason.

One of the reasons you can't block effectively is the automatic directional blocking option which was the default in Warband has been completely removed for whatever reason.
Well yes, but i still got a basic grasp of how to direct my blocks and i'm able to block attacks that come from a single enemy, except when they outsmart me and change direction mid-course.

Back
Top Bottom