Let's stop trying to Silence Criticism/Feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Earl

Karen
Regular
There are a number of threads that all go the same way.

1. Someone complains about a feature and/or suggests something the game should be doing.
2. People take offence, and argue against it. Invariably pointing out how this is Early Access.
3. This leads to a big, confused fight, where people inevitably end up arguing over Early Access and prices....

This is completely stupid. Aren't you getting bored of the same argument over and over again?

So, I will make it plain what we should be doing: Let's just stop trying to silence criticism. Even stupid criticism.

Yes, the game is in Early Access... so what? If there's a bug, people SHOULD be pointing out that bug, or people won't find the bug to fix it. If a feature is not fun, they SHOULD be pointing out it is not fun.

And if they whine about Bannerlord while pointing these things out despite it being in Early Access... who cares? Gamers are always whining, so let them. When someone gives criticism or feedback that is incorrect, such as they think they found a bug but it's actually not a bug... then just say what is wrong with their statement.

EX: "Swords probably shouldn't cut through plate armor like butter, as you suggested, because that would break immersion and make anti-armour weapons pointless."

And if the feedback is really dumb, you should probably just ignore it.

Here's hoping that the forum improves a lot, as right now it's a bunch of worthless squabbles, packed into a few unorganized boards. The developers added in a section for bugs, but we need a suggestions section, a section for Captain Mode, a section for combat, and a section for stupid arguments about Early Access!

Speaking as someone who's been on both sides of those arguments...yes, we should not silence critique. Equally, critique needs to be respectful and constructive, just as anyone arguing against critique. What we have here a general melee where civility is a rare thing.

People defending by saying HURRR EARLY ACCESS are literally hurting the game more than the people who complain. Let the people complain point out flaws in the game that is literally their job as an early access player.

+1

The game quite literally doesn't work for me.
I cannot get past the loading screen.
I won't go into the details but I tried everything I could to fix it, and hence I believe something is wrong with the code.
There are other people with the same issue and same error log as myself.

Now let me quote some of the fanboy's responses:

everyone understands your frustration but kicking off about it in the forums and making an ass out of yourself doesn't achieve anything.

it is no easy fix. But you aren't helping them. [the devs].

You're just angry and complaining online.

Maybe stop flaming one of the most dedicated developement teams there is and just be grateful they are working on it for you.

The game has many problems. Not just the one you are experiencing. Although I suppose if you could play the game you would know that.

I would say I am sorry your game doesn't work but in reality the way you are acting makes me think you deserve it.

It's ridiculous.

I don't believe the developers were ready to launch the game but did so because everyone was impatient and demanding that it be released soon. I remember reading on the old forum how people would meme that the game was going to be released in 2040.

Speaking as someone who's been on both sides of those arguments...yes, we should not silence critique. Equally, critique needs to be respectful and constructive, just as anyone arguing against critique. What we have here a general melee where civility is a rare thing.
Yeah, feedback shouldn't seem like it was written by an angry drunk. I do disagree a bit, however, in that even poor quality feedback is better than nothing, but squabbling with poorly written feedback seems to be worse than nothing.

People defending by saying HURRR EARLY ACCESS are literally hurting the game more than the people who complain. Let the people complain point out flaws in the game that is literally their job as an early access player.
Pretty much. It's a great way to annoy people and make it seem like, "this game is terrible, and so needs to hide behind the Early Access fallacy."

+1

I won't go into the details but I tried everything I could to fix it, and hence I believe something is wrong with the code.

-snip-

It's ridiculous.
...God almighty, it's worse than I thought. They're attacking people pointing out that the game is literally unplayable?

Obviously, you're entitled to a full refund, and you're entitled to let the Devs and others know that this can happen. Hopefully this issue is fixed for you soon. And hopefully people will stop being CULTISTS on this forum, attacking anyone who isn't licking TW's feet.

I don't believe the developers were ready to launch the game but did so because everyone was impatient and demanding that it be released soon. I remember reading on the old forum how people would meme that the game was going to be released in 2040.
Yeah, I'm not saying criticism is always fair. It often fails to take into mind the difficulties of the Devs, even innocent and polite criticism. But we do need it.

Yeah, I'm not saying criticism is always fair. It often fails to take into mind the difficulties of the Devs, even innocent and polite criticism. But we do need it.

I definitely agree, criticism is good and should help the developers thaw through the issues. I've seen a lot of criticism based on incomplete information however, and those can be tiresome to read.

+1

It's ridiculous.

Quoting me does not make me ashamed for telling you shut up. Out of every bug post I have seen on the forum yours are the most consistently disrespectful and unhelpful to the developers.

All the developers need are indepth bug reports. What they don't need is how you act.
You constantly @ the community manager trying to get his attention when it isn't even his job to deal with bug reports. Imagine how annoying you are. Imagine having to deal with someone like you when you are at work. That is why I reply to you and only you in the manner that I do.

But I do agree. There are bugs in the game. But that's what this process is for...

I don't understand why people are kicking off so much about it. Just post a bug report and read change logs. We all knew the game was going to be unbalanced and buggy. Warband wasn't perfect. Very few AAA games are bug free on release, and this isn't a AAA game

+1

It's ridiculous.

"Maybe stop flaming one of the most dedicated developement teams there is and just be grateful they are working on it for you." He needs to get their balls out of his mouth. They are working on it because we paid for a product not out of the kindness of their heart.

Its called discussion. Why u saying people shouldn't point out stupidity? Of course good feedback is needed, but theres plenty of whining threads about nothing, and this is a forum meant for discussion after all, including disagreements and arguments.

There are a number of threads that all go the same way.

I read about 10% of your post. And I agree. It really comes down people more interested in being right, than being helpful. Although that is not always the case.

Suggestions for all:
1) It doesnt matter what others think about a video game, if YOU enjoy it or DONT. Its an opinion.
2) If someone GIVES their opinion or FEEDBACK on the game, this is an indicator to THE DEVELOPER that a NEED has arisen. The more this need pops up, the more attention they should put towards addressing it.
3) Live and let live. If you are going to comment or argue, be constructive. By helping & encouraging other people, you are also helping & encouraging to do the same. And the same goes for flaming. Stop the fire, guide your desire.

Quoting me does not make me ashamed for telling you shut up. Out of every bug post I have seen on the forum yours are the most consistently disrespectful and unhelpful to the developers.

All the developers need are indepth bug reports. What they don't need is how you act.
You constantly @ the community manager trying to get his attention when it isn't even his job to deal with bug reports. Imagine how annoying you are. Imagine having to deal with someone like you when you are at work. That is why I reply to you and only you in the manner that I do.

But I do agree. There are bugs in the game. But that's what this process is for...

I don't understand why people are kicking off so much about it. Just post a bug report and read change logs. We all knew the game was going to be unbalanced and buggy. Warband wasn't perfect. Very few AAA games are bug free on release, and this isn't a AAA game

You clearly cannot empathize with people who can't even start the game.

We gotta ping the devs about our issues. We aren't doing it to be annoying but we just want them to acknowledge that there is an issue.Somehow they "forgot" to mention our critical, game breaking crashes in KNOWN ISSUES STICKY and hence we have good reasons to think they are deliberately trying to sweep it under the rug.

My only interaction with anyone from the dev team was clearly showing that they are completely unaware of the issues we are having. He told me to follow the instructions from https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/game-failing-crashing-at-launch.397007/ which me and everyone else with this issue tried several times and said that it's not fixing our problem.

I posted several, detailed bug reports on those forums and via the ingame tool. They included screenshots, gifs, lengthy descriptions, hardware specs, software specs, list of "fixes" I tried, behavior of the bug under the different patches (1.0.0, 1.0.1, 1.0.2). All I'm asking in return is one dev or the community manager or even anyone hired by the Tale Worlds to confirm that there is a problem and they are working on fixing it.

Problem is, most of the people whining is pretty much that, whining. There's hardly any constructive criticism going on. Also, they aren't posting their criticism in the right forums or bugs in the right forums. This is general discussion. It is not bug discussion. It is not criticism discussion. That goes in suggestions and bugs for those things.

Problem is, most of the people whining is pretty much that, whining. There's hardly any constructive criticism going on. Also, they aren't posting their criticism in the right forums or bugs in the right forums. This is general discussion. It is not bug discussion. It is not criticism discussion. That goes in suggestions and bugs for those things.

I was posting about my errors/bugs HERE and then some fanboy went there and told me to stfu and be grateful the devs are so dedicated and even working on this game. Any posts about some critical errors/bugs in general discussion might be also caused by the fact that devs decided to ignore the technical support section.

We clearly lack some proper communication channels.

I was posting about my errors/bugs HERE and then some fanboy went there and told me to stfu and be grateful the devs are so dedicated and even working on this game. Any posts about some critical errors/bugs in general discussion might be also caused by the fact that devs decided to ignore the technical support section.

We clearly lack some proper communication channels.
I mean, people are garbage dude. Not sure what to tell you. Also, I know it's a pain in the butt, but try reinstalling windows and see if that fixes the issue of it crashing.

Been in those kind of arguments before... One of the reasons the Devs launched the game in EA was for getting the opinions of the fans which in fact is a great idea and will hopefully help them to develope a better game. And I love the comments suggesting ideas or their point of view about a feature, but what i cannot understand is the people that just speak rubbish from the game talking about nonsense (EA issues) and false arguments (example: "bannerlord has even less features than warband") ... thats just stupid in my opinion and won't help at all. Nor is that constructive criticism nor is it going to help in bringing a better game, so yeah for me they are just forum trolls and the only thing they bring is **** to it.

Absolutely 100% agree. In any case nobody is going to stop anybody from whining if they feel like it, just like nobody is going to stop anybody from insulting and namecalling (well moderators if it goes overboard, but yeah...) taking advantage of the fact that they don't have to take responsibility for what they say, hiding behind the internet.
In a perfect world everybody would have the ability to understand that a videogame will likely never perfectly fit their taste as well as the common sense to recognize that they need to respect others and their opinions and all would strive to understand each other, but we hardly live in a perfect world, do we? lol

Back
Top Bottom