Lets start a business!

Users who are viewing this thread

darnock

Recruit
okay, so I read this thread

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,289155.0.html

great info, but I have a few questions, take the town of Javik, it always has flax really cheap the stuff to make cloth, so why if I make a cloth factory there do I make so little? I mean it has tons of cheap supply? In that thread most people have Javik as a dye factory..  however one person said

Javiksholm should be a linen weavery, currently earning 1300+ denars a week, pays off in <6 weeks....

There must be some trick cause the guildmaster told me I'd be making like 200 a week.

Well if you have any advice please yell at me :smile:

also, how do I gain honor?  I've been raiding towns and that don't look good on a king I hear

The winner is usually bread.

Go ask the town squire about trade. He´ll tell you which goods are in demand and dear and which are cheap in a town.

You gain Honour by releasing Lords you capture in battle, releasing Noldor prisoners you have taken in battle, liberating captured lords, rescuing villages from bandit infestations and refusing rewards, and winning tournaments. As for your businesses, you could just create a business that uses whatever resource the town has ample supplies of, and have the end product kept in the business inventory, and you collect it and sell it at destinations that will pay a high price for it.

darnock said:
Javiksholm should be a linen weavery, currently earning 1300+ denars a week, pays off in <6 weeks....

Can anyone confirm this? Does the extraordinairly high income remain stable over time, or is this a one-time event? Maybe there was a siege before, which messed up prices?

The point here is the same with Janos, which should actually be very profitable for Dyeworks but in fact is not.

This is due to an oversight in trade-goods allocation:

Janos has lots of cheap silk and dye, which make the production cost for velvet very low there, but it also usually has velvet available (reflecting that the player is not the only one operating dyeworks and that Janos has always had a large velvet industry), and the drop in selling prices relative to the other cities (one velvet available instead of none) is steeper than the drop in production cost relative to other cities (more silk and dye available than elsewhere). So in total, operating dyeworks in Janos is profitable only, if you produce for your own stock and sell the velvet elsewhere, though this is probably too much of a hassle when you're already busy conquering the realm.
The same goes for Javiksholm with velvet replaced by linen and dye/silk replaced by flax.

Ok, now i understand. OP just quoted someone who just alledged to have some much profit.
We should ask him for more info. Maybe he provided flax by himself and gave it to the factory-manager for free, resulting in "high income". Or he was just kidding. Good to hear that the guildsman prognosis is actually trustworthy.

noosers said:
The winner is usually bread.
Winner of what?

I think bread lets you regain your initial investment the fastest, but income it generates is pretty low.
Velvet and Tannery give the highest income. So if the game is long enough they will give a better overall RoI. Not that I'm going to bother doing the math to find when that happens though :razz:

The one exception I found is Oil in Ethos which gives me ~700/week on average.

I always prefer higher income over RoI when it comes to enterprises since I want them to help me later down the road when my party upkeep is in the range of 10k/w.

bread overall gives better income because you get tons of grain per raids, that way you can supply your chosen breadmaker with a high amount of grain, which in the end gives you overall better profit than silk or velvet, i have bread everywhere and it seems better than having dyeworks everywhere, though best money making method is still capturing lords and ransoming them :wink: i run around with 130 noldor archers atm (started anew numenor empire after i screwed up at day 740, lets say i destroyed my game by handing out all the fievs to my companions, and since i play hard mode with constant saves i just was pissed of at myself)

also the ai is rather dumb, especially the empire guys, who in their right mind would want peace if ethnos is taken and I'm trying to get it back for the empire...

Somehow I doubt you can manage to deliver 6 grains per week to all 15 enterprises in Pendor while also conquering the place.

Well maybe you can, but my idea of enterprises is to set and forget in order to passively increase my revenue.

Filou said:
Somehow I doubt you can manage to deliver 6 grains per week to all 15 enterprises in Pendor while also conquering the place.

Well maybe you can, but my idea of enterprises is to set and forget in order to passively increase my revenue.
naw man thats wrong, raid out the market gathering as much grain as you can hold, deposit it at th nearest grain town, rinse and repeat for others, you should get some months off of doing that, ^^

Back
Top Bottom