Let's share your best battle tactics

Users who are viewing this thread

F6, single button (default is everyone anyways). Far more efficient for me to just focus on killing as many vs micromanaging/fussing about the unwieldy command UI (slightly better if you have the slow down option on).

i win a ton cuz i studyed war stratagy as a kid
ive won a 200 v 1200 battle and only had 57 casualtys
Now that's a story I want to hear about. Best I can boast of is defeating 800 Vlandians with ~600 of my own, and it was by taking advantage of the bottleneck by the beach in the battle scene near Geronter Castle (west of Ortysia City) and having more high quality troops once the initial enemy wave was defeated lol. Otherwise I prefer the Sun Tzu approach of always outnumbering my enemies and avoiding any battle I'm not fully certain I can win lol. EDIT: Well, now that I remember, I did defend Quyaz with a few hundred city defenders against a couple Vlandian armies ranging from 1-2,000 lol, but that's because the A.I.'s easy to exploit by shooting their sides as they come down the stairs on the city side of the wall rather than me being clever. In other words, it's like thwacking guys on the head at the top of the ladder in Warband; it's just set up to be played like that lol, highly favorable to defenders. I ultimately lost to the third group that decided to ram the gate because, once it got to a straight up melee, we stood no chance! Very painful defeat lol, got arrested and everything even as a monarch! Couldn't force a peace until I was RNG'd out of jail, just in time to prevent Ain Baliq Castle and my own Senala City from being attacked.

I suspect lots of people who play games like this have studied tactics to some degree simply because... if you like the idea of leading troops into battle and roleplaying as Zhuge Liang or Shingen Takeda or Carolus Rex, you probably know at least one or two things about some unit tactics.

They're how you order your troops on PC. From what I've watched on YouTube, I'm pretty sure F1 is how you open up the ordering menu while F3 after that is "all charge" and, I think, F6 is "delegate." Basically, their advice is to just auto-pilot the game lol.
Yep, that´s right.

Now that's a story I want to hear about. Best I can boast of is defeating 800 Vlandians with ~600 of my own, and it was by taking advantage of the bottleneck by the beach in the battle scene near Geronter Castle (west of Ortysia City) and having more high quality troops once the initial enemy wave was defeated lol. Otherwise I prefer the Sun Tzu approach of always outnumbering my enemies and avoiding any battle I'm not fully certain I can win lol. EDIT: Well, now that I remember, I did defend Quyaz with a few hundred city defenders against a couple Vlandian armies ranging from 1-2,000 lol, but that's because the A.I.'s easy to exploit by shooting their sides as they come down the stairs on the city side of the wall rather than me being clever. In other words, it's like thwacking guys on the head at the top of the ladder in Warband; it's just set up to be played like that lol, highly favorable to defenders. I ultimately lost to the third group that decided to ram the gate because, once it got to a straight up melee, we stood no chance! Very painful defeat lol, got arrested and everything even as a monarch! Couldn't force a peace until I was RNG'd out of jail, just in time to prevent Ain Baliq Castle and my own Senala City from being attacked.

I suspect lots of people who play games like this have studied tactics to some degree simply because... if you like the idea of leading troops into battle and roleplaying as Zhuge Liang or Shingen Takeda or Carolus Rex, you probably know at least one or two things about some unit tactics.
So i had a party of roughly 200 vlandian crossbow men
i was takeing enemy castle after enemy castle
i just took a castle with 30 defenders and had no casualtys
then a army of 1200 aserai pull up and start seigeing me
i used 4 catapults and was able to rack up some engenering skill
i took down their battering ram and one of their seige towers so they only came in tru one area
my crossbow men were mowing them down and eventuly too many of them got in and we fell back and heald a hallway
any enemy that walked in the hall was mowed down by my crossbow fire
it took about 38 mins to win the battle and 57 of my men died

So i had a party of roughly 200 vlandian crossbow men
i was takeing enemy castle after enemy castle
i just took a castle with 30 defenders and had no casualtys
then a army of 1200 aserai pull up and start seigeing me
i used 4 catapults and was able to rack up some engenering skill
i took down their battering ram and one of their seige towers so they only came in tru one area
my crossbow men were mowing them down and eventuly too many of them got in and we fell back and heald a hallway
any enemy that walked in the hall was mowed down by my crossbow fire
it took about 38 mins to win the battle and 57 of my men died
That's how castle/city defenses tend to go in Bannerlord provided the attackers haven't managed to overwhelm the defenders. As I recalled in editing my post, I had something similar happen when defending Quyaz (if I said "Ortysia," I meant Quyaz) from the Vlandians, and ultimately failed when King Erdurand himself decided to just ram the gate and be done with the wall nonsense lol since, at that point, my squishy Aserai archers and Mamluke Palace Guads just got overwhelmed in the melee and I couldn't organize and effective kill zone to exploit the attackers' exposed flanks.

That's how castle/city defenses tend to go in Bannerlord provided the attackers haven't managed to overwhelm the defenders. As I recalled in editing my post, I had something similar happen when defending Quyaz (if I said "Ortysia," I meant Quyaz) from the Vlandians, and ultimately failed when King Erdurand himself decided to just ram the gate and be done with the wall nonsense lol since, at that point, my squishy Aserai archers and Mamluke Palace Guads just got overwhelmed in the melee and I couldn't organize and effective kill zone to exploit the attackers' exposed flanks.
they did begin to overwhelm us at the walls, so thats why i retreated back

My army end-game is usually 20% archers, 10% horse archers and 69%cavalry and then 1% infantry.
I usually go up alone and taunt enemy cavalry with javelins and try to get them to charge only to see them killed by my archers and if the enemy have many cavalry units I counter-charge with my cav but usually I kill their cav which leads to them charging to me in a stupid maner while I can just kite them and slowly murder them all before charging with everyone. Works like a charm

The enemy is besieging the city, we are attacking the siege camp.

The result of the battle in the Auto-battle mode.

two more options, this is to give the order to act on your own, and the second to die at the beginning of the battle, these options can be compared with an auto-battle.

Here you need to win back from the terrain, the enemy has a lot of crossbowmen who hit from afar and cause a lot of damage, I didn’t act like a hero and didn’t do anything special.

The difficulty level is maximum.

I like good solid shield wall all my most experienced guys up front. A skirmish group with throwing weapons which i swing round to which side of the wall that's hit hardest. Archers set back away from frontline in loose formation to hit enemies coming around the sides. A small group a of horse archers running free. A heavy cav to attack their archers. All i have to do i stay alive so they don't F1 F3 . The game should raise death chance so you try to avoid be taken down but if you do let you take over wanders in you command.

2 groups of shielded troops to hold the front line, 2 groups of infantry to move around accordingly or use as spare troops to reinforce the front ones, 3 archer groups, 1 stationary behind the frontline, the other 2 on sides raining arrows, last group is cavalry and horse archer, role depends on faction and playthrough, but has two main roles, either death squad demolishing everything they charge at, or vanguard for my ranged units.

my dear lords in Calradia.

So I been using the same battle tactics, forever.
1 is infantry line, 2 is archers forming loose formation, 3 is calvery, 4 is horse calvery
2 stand in back in elevated high ground, 1 attack up front, 3 maneuver to the left flank to flank, 3 maneuver to the right flank to flank
as showed in picture below.

but now I am trying to explore new battle tactics, if you guys have any better ideas

the best battle tactics should be :
1. simple enough to mange with a series of battle orders,
2. a repeatable process that have best killing rates while maintain low causalities

let's share yours best battle tactics and learn from each other!

nGyQu.png

yjnf8.png

1DUql.png
Fians, Fians, and more Fians. Their accuracy is nuts. I also use Druzhinnik Champions on both flanks to skirmish the enemy while the Fians pick them off.

Last edited:
I use sea raiders and forest bandits and steppe bandits and looters as pikeman/cannon fodder
Major perk here at play when my warriors die and I’ve captured a few leaders. I just go around recruiting bandits nearby and never take out there bases. (especially first base spawn) there normally close to a city,also when ur in need of coin go to all the villagers that got bandit bases nearby and hunt brigands they normally ask for three bands.;and they respawn rather quickly so it’s easy money and recruits

Fians, Fians, and more Fians. Their accuracy is nuts. I also use Druzhinnik Champions on both flanks to skirmish the enemy while the Fians pick them off.
I’ve seen that tactic used a lot on console.those fians are probably best troop in da game.also the hardest to grind left ya a way to make easy money early and it’s kinda cheat in another comment in this thread

Shield wall, let the ai attack it, then slam cavalry into back and swing greatsword into all the heads below. watch the kills pile up.

Back
Top Bottom