Let's play some Civ V! - BNW owners wanted

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there a game more suited to PBEM games than Civilization? (Yes, but play along for now.)
So I figured I got a grand campaign going with the forumites. Did some digging around, however, and noticed that Civ V lacks a PBEM mode, and Pitboss is garbage in V. That's a bit of a problem, now isn't it?

Never fear, Giant Multiplayer Robot to the rescue!
In short, it's a website and a small local client that you connect to with your Steam account. I invite you to the game through the site, and the client automatically transfers the save among players when it is their turn. All you need to do is start the game and load the save. And remember to save the game when your turn ends, of course.
As far as I've fiddled with it, there doesn't seem to be a way to change any game options. It might be something I get to do once the game starts, but we'll have to live with the default settings if that's not the case.
I have all expansions. If you don't, we can have a second game running alongside the primary all-expansive game.

Just say if you have BWN and I'll invite you to the appropriate game.

Er, once the site starts behaving, anyway.

When ?

I have everything and hopefully everyone does too :p

GMG has the latest expansion BNW for $21 if anyone has yet to pick it up.

Signing up now. I wonder how long a single game will take though if someone is slow to do a turn.

****ing ages, but that's part of the charm.  :razz:
We can set a turn timer so people can't suddenly take a month off.

Edit: As a sidenote, there doesn't seem to be a random civ option, so they're handed out in a first come, first served fashion.

I'd like to sign up, my steam is Pierre Kirby. I guess I'll reserve England.

Ljas said:
Edit: As a sidenote, there doesn't seem to be a random civ option, so they're handed out in a first come, first served fashion.

I usually play random in my games too, I'm assuming there is still AI if there is not enough humans to play?

Can you not change the map size or anything to switch around a few of the settings or no?

My steam id : insane_assassin

Austupaio said:
Okay, so I'd like to give a shot.

No Gods and Kings though.

Newest expansion has same features so it should work, you just can't use like two civs from G&K (Spain and some other one I think).

Ljas said:
There seems to be a way to generate an invite link so I'll just PM everyone willing a key.

Also nevermind, random is an option.

I'll be random then I suppose. No fun trying to think of some OP strategy right off the bat. Then I will get one of the awful religion based nations and hate myself probably.

Random is "DLC, Mod or Unspecified" on the site, I think, so that's a possibility.
We can play without G&K because BNW adds everything from it except for some civs. Everyone okay with that?

Don't have that either.

I'll just join if you do run a no-DLC game.

I never bought any of it because I uninstalled it a week after launch because they claimed the half-assed multiplayer was a feature.

Booooooo. If there is any DLC worth getting, it's the Polynesia one. It is such a fantastic Civilization to add into the dynamic.

This is the timer setting box, suggestions?
i6oMH.png

Quail should find an invite in his PMs.

Should make it even less then that for the first few turns I would say, if we can change them after that is.

First 50 or so turns is going to be brutal.

Back
Top Bottom