Let's Play: Perisno v0.9 - Another hard journey awaits

Users who are viewing this thread

Plasquar

Grandmaster Knight
(Updated March 2019)

CPNv7f9.png

And now that my favorite Warband mod finally got an update, it is time to celebrate that with a new playthrough.

I already finished Perisno 0.8 once on Youtube (but in German) and this time we'll do it in English.
And we'll conquer Perisno for Geldar while we're at it.
Hopefully.

As always for Perisno: Hard Mode and Realistic Saving enabled.
(Hard Mode: all settings locked on hardest, possible skill loss when defeated in battle, fog of war always enabled)
Let us colour the world light blue!

The journey starts here:
(Link to playlist)

---UPDATED MARCH 2019---

I decided to do yet another playthrough of the most recent version of Perisno and use this thread again.
All posts up to this one belonged to the first playthrough.

(Link to playlist)

Oh, I'd really, really, really not recommend realistic saving, especially taking into account the surge in the number of ctds reports.
Even people with "stable" PCs seem to experience them sometimes, so you risk a lot playing with autosaves.

Hello and welcome back, Plasquar

I was waiting for your playthrough, although I am busy playing the mod myself, but you also stream Gothic mods, so I am sure I will be able to catch up with the episodes. Good luck, I hope you survive the Elintoran onslaught and help Geldar thrive.

Thanks!
That reminds me that I should check if Elintor are at war with Tolrania / Hakkon.
Geldar with hard mode and realistic saving seems like a good challenge.

Gothic livestreams (and university) consume a lot of time but I hope to release 1 episode per day.  :meh:

Why do so few people choose non-default birthplaces? You can get a good companion or some leaf bombs...

Or as a dwarf, you get a dungeon mission immidiately.

cwr said:
Why do so few people choose non-default birthplaces? You can get a good companion or some leaf bombs...

Mostly it's because for all those chars, starting skills are all over the place and just suck.

Guess I'll buff them then. Its kind of demotivating to making more when people don't choose the existing ones, but I'll probably make one for every race for the new version.

Guess I'll buff them then. Its kind of demotivating to making more when people don't choose the existing ones, but I'll probably make one for every race for the new version.
No need for xtreme buffs. Island in the north and dwarwen one are good as is, because have their benefits (companion + quest and instance + good gear respectively), vilage on the shore is kinda pointless start as for now.
Do you still get that?  :shock:
Nah. Youtube was broken tonight for everyone)

cwr said:

Or as a dwarf, you get a dungeon mission immidiately.

Which are the default birthplaces? The only ones I saw for a human are the island in the far north, which I've done a few times before, and the shipwrecked in the south west, which starts you in Aroulo lands with nothing to your name and high trading skils. Are there other starts? Which one gives you leaf bombs?

Lord Irontoe said:
Which are the default birthplaces? The only ones I saw for a human are the island in the far north, which I've done a few times before, and the shipwrecked in the south west, which starts you in Aroulo lands with nothing to your name and high trading skils. Are there other starts? Which one gives you leaf bombs?
If you fight the Aroulo and win, you get their equipment.

The other one is the dwarven one, as mentioned above.

If you choose a female dwarf to do the quest, your gear doesn't fit properly and looks a bit awkward.
You can swap it at the end of the questline tho'.  (make sure your St is 16 or you can't use your axe  :roll:)
The Dwarf character also seems to start with a load of cash  :party:

Back
Top Bottom