Lets not sit around and act like the game hasnt improved from balance changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

I think I remember mentioning how overpowered archers were in 1.5.6. I think they're in an okay position right now. Annoying to deal with, but they're at least no longer impervious to cavalry charges and shield infantry.

The balance in this game is just as horrible as it was a year ago.

Melee classes have only ever viable in the past because of gimmicks ( kick slash, throwing, crushthrough). Alot of players only enjoy playing melee inf and because of the balance there is no reason for them to play this game. If it weren't for class limits in tournaments I don't think anyone would play inf at all.
Viable against who ? Other infantry of course. These gimmicks are only use to pummel fellow infantrymen.

The balance hasn't improved, its just different levels of stupid every update.

Being so speedy you can run up and kick-slash someone whilst they have no armour and are s-keying away is beyond me

The balance hasn't improved, its just different levels of stupid every update.

Being so speedy you can run up and kick-slash someone whilst they have no armour and are s-keying away is beyond me
Just press D.

Is block delay still there? No? Ok.

I think some people have already forgotten how awful the combat was on launch, or god forbid the beta.

Just press D.

Is block delay still there? No? Ok.

I think some people have already forgotten how awful the combat was on launch, or god forbid the beta.

The block delay is kiinda there, because of how blocking works in general. Since its positional blocking, if you get stuck blocking the the wrong feint, you're pretty much screwed. Handling effects it too as far as I know. And stances.
It feels better than before though.

C'mon dude the improvements have been us telling the devs to please take off their awful ideas that ruin the gameplay, first block delay, then crushthrough, now stances and hopefully one day the class system, I don't know if these people even play their own game or they just drop their ideas to just see what happens with any testing on how they practically work. I know I'm being a douche here but it's the truth, I can't think on any decision these people have made that I said ok that was a good idea, and I mean that, everything about MP is just awful, frustrating and unfun design, it's time to deal with it, the only part of this game I enjoyed was captain mode and sometimes when the team was randomly balanced, because they mostly end up in 3-0

C'mon dude the improvements have been us telling the devs to please take off their awful ideas that ruin the gameplay, first block delay, then crushthrough, now stances and hopefully one day the class system, I don't know if these people even play their own game or they just drop their ideas to just see what happens with any testing on how they practically work. I know I'm being a douche here but it's the truth, I can't think on any decision these people have made that I said ok that was a good idea, and I mean that, everything about MP is just awful, frustrating and unfun design, it's time to deal with it, the only part of this game I enjoyed was captain mode and sometimes when the team was randomly balanced, because they mostly end up in 3-0

Lets not forget collisions from side swings as well... under rated issue imo.

Ah. So you admit there have been improvements.

Checkmate.
cover2.jpg

Agree with the original intent of this post absolutely. The game has improved in a lot of meaningful ways.
the fix to cav is and always will be lowering their speed across the board. The cav are way to fast and it needs to change.
This is kinda what I think has people upset, though. There's a ton of seemingly painfully obvious solutions to teh many, many problems.

The game has changed a ton since launch though, and definitely not always for the better each update, but a mostly positive trend. Formation nerf made a lot of people salty, the whole crush-through debacle has been talked to death, stripping throwing away from all classes and nerfing them, then UNnerfing the **** out of them seems a bit...chaotic?

I'm one of the minority who absolutely hated the "I have a throwing weapon drawn" flinching update, because it makes no damn sense for me to flinch when I have my shield readied. Still gets me killed all the time. I get why it was done for Skirmish/Duel people but it feels like a very hacky solution to a legitimate problem with the rate at which bows/xbows can be readied....why doesn't it happen only when attacking with them.... And it went into single-player as well.

But hey, we finally nerfed Menavs last month.

the fix to cav is and always will be lowering their speed across the board. The cav are way to fast and it needs to change.
If Cavalry needs to be slowed down, then they'll definitely need some form of anti-archer mechanic. If you played the game during 1.5.6, sitting on a horse only makes you a bigger target for archer spam.

It has. The combat has absolutely 100% improved over the last 6 months. With a few exceptions, community feedback has been received and applied pretty well.

With the exception of the cavalry skill ceiling in relation to the skill ceiling of other classes, every glaring combat issue has been addressed to some extent.

The people who are upset about balance changes constantly coming in are upset because they view those changes as an either/or situation with improvements in other areas and new content not being worked on as a result of the balance changes. If the community was given new maps at a steadier pace, improvements to the class system, server improvements and gamemode reworks ALONGSIDE the balance changes, nobody would have a problem with the continued tweaking of combat parameters and class balance.
Waiting 20min for an organized skirm game with 12 ppl to only have 3 ppl get logged out is not an improvement. Waiting in tdm completely alone swinging at wall for 15 min hopping ppl will hop in is not an improvement. Servers are ****, NA is split, class system is broken saying this game is early accesses won’t save it from being a dead game

I personally think that Cav might be in a good spot right now with further careful adjustments being the way to go forward. Light horses now die like flies and heavy horses also are more squishy compared to the update before. I'd wait a bit to see how the meta plays out, especially considering that now every faction has archers with 60 base damage and skirmishers which work quite effectively against cav. I'm not saying that this is my preferred method to keep cavalry in check but it's better than have 200g class destroy everything.
The nature of cavalry will always make it efficient against an uncoordinated team of publics, especially with couch lances being a pub stomper for ppl who don't know how to react or have no awareness of what's going on around them.

Before we further grind cav down, I'd encourage to look at archers first and buff heavy inf to make it more viable, in current comp settings it is used as meatshield and provider for spears for cav, but not that much more.

PS: If you slow down cavalry, have fun with archers dominating the entire field. They will also reliably shoot your for 50 damage below your shield at 200 meters, have fun. Archer tears about cav are like milk in my coffee. You guys are abusing the second OP class compared to inf and cry about the other OP class? Well then, tough luck.

Last edited:
I personally think that Cav might be in a good spot right now with further careful being the way to go forward. Light horses now die like flies and heavy horses also are more squishy compared to the update before. I'd wait a bit to see how the meta plays out, especially considering that now every faction has archers with 60 base damage and skirmishers which work quite effectively against cav. I'm not saying that this is my preferred method to keep cavalry in check but it's better than have 200g class destroy everything.
The nature of cavalry will always make it efficient against an uncoordinated team of publics, especially with couch lances being a pub stomper for ppl who don't know how to react or have no awareness of what's going on around them.

Before we further grind cav down, I'd encourage to look at archers first and buff heavy inf to make it more viable, in current comp settings it is used as meatshield and provider for spears for cav, but not that much more.

PS: If you slow down cavalry, have fun with archers dominating the entire field. They will also reliably shoot your for 50 damage below your shield at 200 meters, have fun. Archer tears about cav are like milk in my coffee. You guys are abusing the second OP class compared to inf and cry about the other OP class? Well then, tough luck.

They could be in a good spot as long as Infantry gets buffed. A good buff on infantry could be the end of this balancing crap.

Although there is one major factor missing from Cav = better sound. We need to hear them properly.

They could be in a good spot as long as Infantry gets buffed. A good buff on infantry could be the end of this balancing crap.

Although there is one major factor missing from Cav = better sound. We need to hear them properly.
So true- you know cav is there, but it's like an echo chamber so you have no idea which direction or how far away they are.

I think cav doesn't need to be slowed down, but the damage X speed needs to be lowered. You can block or dodge a cav charge, and they can wheel around you and each stab seems to carry the full weight of the horse at high speed, while your spear or pike just scratches them.

And it has been a long time since I played cav, but I remember you could couch forever. Is that still a thing? But players would just gallop through the streets with spear couched and would eventually hit someone, usually right around a corner where both players were just as surprised to see each other... except now the infantry is dead. This is why cavalry are so much more dangerous in towns than they are in fields- which is the exact opposite of what it should be.

Back
Top Bottom