Lets not sit around and act like the game hasnt improved from balance changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

It has. The combat has absolutely 100% improved over the last 6 months. With a few exceptions, community feedback has been received and applied pretty well.

With the exception of the cavalry skill ceiling in relation to the skill ceiling of other classes, every glaring combat issue has been addressed to some extent.

The people who are upset about balance changes constantly coming in are upset because they view those changes as an either/or situation with improvements in other areas and new content not being worked on as a result of the balance changes. If the community was given new maps at a steadier pace, improvements to the class system, server improvements and gamemode reworks ALONGSIDE the balance changes, nobody would have a problem with the continued tweaking of combat parameters and class balance.

rU9Lg.gif

I can show you a ton of posts both before it was implemented and while it was a thing where I am basically on my hands and knees begging them to realize it was not a good idea.

At this current time. Here in the present. The cumulative result of the balance changes has resulted in better combat.

I can show you a ton of posts both before it was implemented and while it was a thing where I am basically on my hands and knees begging them to realize it was not a good idea.

At this current time. Here in the present. The cumulative result of the balance changes has resulted in better combat.
The cumulative result of the balance changes has resulted in better combat throughout almost a year of development.

I am sure the multiplayer playerbase that stopped playing the game for simple quality of life improvements such as not kicking after a game ends agree with you.

The cumulative result of the balance changes has resulted in better combat throughout almost a year of development.

I am sure the multiplayer playerbase that stopped playing the game for simple quality of life improvements such as not kicking after a game ends agree with you.
Did you read my post or just my title? I basically said that in the post, and Ive made a couple posts asking them to start working on the QoL improvements.

My only point with this post is that its unfair to say the balance changes are worthless when they have indeed made the combat better over time. We need both good combat and the QoL changes in regards to servers for the game to have any chance of being revived.

Did you read my post or just my title? I basically said that in the post, and Ive made a couple posts asking them to start working on the QoL improvements.

My only point with this post is that its unfair to say the balance changes are worthless when they have indeed made the combat better over time. We need both good combat and the QoL changes in regards to servers for the game to have any chance of being revived.
It's my point, i am trying to tell you that combat changes are not something people are after. People are angry because balance changes are the only thing they have been getting in their feed for the past months for MP.

It's my point, i am trying to tell you that combat changes are not something people are after. People are angry because balance changes are the only thing they have been getting in their feed for the past months for MP.
Ok. So were in agreement.

When the game launched, the combat changes were absolutely needed. There were core issues such as block delay and extremely floaty movement that simply had to be addressed before any real work on MP could begin. Now that those things have been addressed, the multiplayer team should really focus on making the gameplay loop good enough to accommodate mount and blade gameplay. Improved spawns on TDM, Permanent casual servers, and new, interesting TDM maps should be the logical next step in continuing to improve the game going forward.

Ok. So were in agreement.

When the game launched, the combat changes were absolutely needed. There were core issues such as block delay and extremely floaty movement that simply had to be addressed before any real work on MP could begin. Now that those things have been addressed, the multiplayer team should really focus on making the gameplay loop good enough to accommodate mount and blade gameplay. Improved spawns on TDM, Permanent casual servers, and new TDM, interesting TDM maps should be the logical next step in continuing to improve the game going forward.
Yes we are in agreement, they were a top priority.

Now that the steering wheel of the car been made functional, you should focus on the other very important parts such as the engine, brakes, wheels etc.

In my opinion i had more fun using the archer class during the beta and in the first few months than now, feels slow and bad, and the throwing weapons are garbage to use... they used to be so fun to use.

IMO
Archers were broken at some point but the archery update fixed most of the problems.
Cav nerf for armor and hp seems like a good way of doing it but how long can you do it for light cav? Further reducing the hp of light horses will just make them unviable. As I said many times before damage multiplier against horse armor should be increased by a bit so heavy horses don't just stay in melee until the game over.
What I think might be a good nerf for heavy cav is to nerf lance damage but increase its speed by a bit so it doesn't fall behind the spears.
Also nerfing couch lance is absolutely needed for an all-around cav nerf now that many light cav has access to lance. It is super easy and doesn't require any skill to use a couch lance and it's very rewarding.
Inf needs more speed and archers less speed imo. Infantry needs to be able to easily catch up to an alone archer and said archer shouldn't be able to kite for years.

IMO
Archers were broken at some point but the archery update fixed most of the problems.
Cav nerf for armor and hp seems like a good way of doing it but how long can you do it for light cav? Further reducing the hp of light horses will just make them unviable. As I said many times before damage multiplier against horse armor should be increased by a bit so heavy horses don't just stay in melee until the game over.
What I think might be a good nerf for heavy cav is to nerf lance damage but increase its speed by a bit so it doesn't fall behind the spears.
Also nerfing couch lance is absolutely needed for an all-around cav nerf now that many light cav has access to lance. It is super easy and doesn't require any skill to use a couch lance and it's very rewarding.
Inf needs more speed and archers less speed imo. Infantry needs to be able to easily catch up to an alone archer and said archer shouldn't be able to kite for years.
Considering cavalry can just double tap S and instantly stop to avoid a spear, then move forward, stab a heavy infantry in the head for 40+ damage and the infantry has no counter, because if he attacks, he'll probably hit the horse for low damage and get hit, or shield up, and the cav can just hit another target that isnt prepared for the cav. The purpose of spear infantry is to lock down an area and prevent cavalry from getting involved.
Again an issue the game has with movement. Nerfing damage etc is all fine and dandy but the core issues of cavalry isnt the damage the deal, its how they operate in the first place.

In my opinion i had more fun using the archer class during the beta and in the first few months than now, feels slow and bad, and the throwing weapons are garbage to use... they used to be so fun to use.
And I thought I was the only one, don't get me wrong, Archery overall wasn't really enjoyable at the beginning but people saying it's better now ? It's worse imo.

Especially the strange delay locking the crosshair until a certain point, strange decision imo. Same issue with throwing weapons.

And I thought I was the only one, don't get me wrong, Archery overall wasn't really enjoyable at the beginning but people saying it's better now ? It's worse imo.

Especially the strange delay locking the crosshair until a certain point, strange decision imo. Same issue with throwing weapons.
The weird pulsing at the start of the shot make it really weird, and you're standing there completely open for so long, you're an easy target. Same goes for skirmisher, headshotting them while they throw was abit tricky in warband, its pretty much free in bannerlord.
Archery is still really strong but its less fun to play.

IMO
the fix to cav is and always will be lowering their speed across the board. The cav are way to fast and it needs to change.

The weird pulsing at the start of the shot make it really weird, and you're standing there completely open for so long, you're an easy target. Same goes for skirmisher, headshotting them while they throw was abit tricky in warband, its pretty much free in bannerlord.
Archery is still really strong but its less fun to play.

I agree with you, the more I'm playing the more I can notice small improvements in melee fighting, still those are minor improvements although they are very welcome. On the other hand though, throwing and shooting ( Xbows/bows ) still feels like sh*t. Projectiles seem too slow, it doesn't feel natural.

Melee feels a little bit more natural but, I still think the rotation speed of the character is too slow and the hip doesn't turn fast enough. If you try rotating too fast, you're just getting stuck there and you feel heavy if you know what I mean, almost feels like playing Red Dead Redemption II.

The balance in this game is just as horrible as it was a year ago.

Melee classes have only ever viable in the past because of gimmicks ( kick slash, throwing, crushthrough). Alot of players only enjoy playing melee inf and because of the balance there is no reason for them to play this game. If it weren't for class limits in tournaments I don't think anyone would play inf at all.

Back
Top Bottom