Lets be honest, will you still buy BL?

Users who are viewing this thread

You need to be really careful when you are persistently complaining, or they'll hire you too. Wait... I see.  :iamamoron:

Seriously, how much PR and community work they need to do? Not just more hype or less.
Aren't they doing enough already with weekly blogs? (admittedly of varying depth and relevance, but still weekly)
Assume they are 9-15 months away from a release and there's plenty of time for promoting the game closer to the release date.

Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
You need to be really careful when you are persistently complaining, or they'll hire you too. Wait... I see.  :iamamoron:

Seriously, how much PR and community work they need to do? Not just more hype or less.
Aren't they doing enough already with weekly blogs? (admittedly of varying depth and relevance, but still weekly)
Assume they are 9-15 months away from a release and there's plenty of time for promoting the game closer to the release date.

It's likely that Callum is getting "shut-ups" from them, and can't disclaim anything relevant, many have already pointed that out, but no one will openly admit it officially. Back in 2015/2016 I was actively talking about how they were ruining the development and explaining that was the only plausible reason for the "zero information" approach. Than the Callum Era begun, dev blogs became more palatable and frequent, but still lacked any depth towards core feature revelations. The most delayed part to be shown were sieges, and even when they were shown, they were still incomplete. Tbh, when I've added this little signature img that Terco has created (genius btw), I was serious and still am... I have no hopes for the game for I think TW operates like amateurs, not professionals from the gaming industry. That won't make me not buy the game at all, but it makes me dislike the company, which I do not hide...

Hopefully the game won't be botched when released, but I have zero expectations  :ohdear:

Speaking of support, I'm still struggling to figure out how to downgrade the M&B version since they've took down the official FTP...

onarum said:
Why can't you use steam? just curious

Also I'm fairly certain they'll have the game available on their own site from the get go, so there's that.
I had an issue with a game quite a few years back where they informed me that the serial number was being used elsewhere, and wiped my Steam account.  No appeal, no recourse.  I had never let anyone else play it, so it had to be someone either hacking the Steam site or randomly finding a number that worked.  Vowed never to make another account with them, and not sure if I could even do that legally now, despite the passage of time and a different email address.  A friend of mine lost over a dozen games about a year or two later in a similar manner.  I understand that they later took steps to improve security, but when you have a problem and blame it on the customer, don't be surprised when the customer won't do business again.

Add to that the difficulty of having my gaming PC on the upper floor of the building, with no phone connection to that floor, and only lethargic dial-up on the ground floor.  Basically, if it wants to run an update, I can't run the game for the next 12-24 hours while it loads the updates, and if it wants to "verify" my game, I've got to shut it down and haul it downstairs, set it up and connect, then shut it down again and haul it back upstairs to actually play.  No thank you.  My only viable option for services like GOG or Amazon is to drag the PC down two flights of stairs, out to my car (hopefully parked within a block), and take it to work where I'm allowed to use the high speed connection in the hours before or after work.  10-15 minutes to download what would take me 12-24 hours at home.

I miss having games on CD, where you just pop the disc in the drive and it runs.  Windows 10 put an end to that, since Microsoft decided that it will no longer support the convoluted DRM schemes used by the software publishers to prevent copying, in part because they actually add vulnerabilities to hacking which are beyond Microsoft's control.  Now I'm forced to re-buy all of those games as downloads, if I want to run them again.  I'm NOT buying them from Steam, and buying a M&B game from TaleWorlds just gives you a Steam key for it, which you have to redeem through your Steam account.

Honved said:
I'm NOT buying them from Steam, and buying a M&B game from TaleWorlds just gives you a Steam key for it, which you have to redeem through your Steam account.
I'm pretty certain that it gives you a general serial key that you can use on TW's download to activate a full version that way, no Steam involved if you wish so.

dracula41 said:
Will you still buy Bl after:

>lying to your customers about a beta in 2016, 3 years later, a beta is announced When did they lie? they only mentioned some shape or form, which we did get through the multiplayer booth.

>making fun of your fans indirectly through dev blogs with jokes no one finds funny except the development team? They do? news to me. We can take jokes on the chin, plus fans say far worse than vice versa

>not implementing highly requested fan favorite features (CO-OP, Nord Invasion will not come at launch) CO-OP campaign has many issues associated with the idea. Nobody complains about the Witcher 3 not having a CO-OP.

>refusing to start any sort of Kickstarter, Patreon or something to let us release BL faster You rest on the assumption that more money would speed up the development. TWs sold 6 million copies of M&B in 2015 (more since then I'm sure). I doubt they have financial issues.

>Not specifying anything about internal problems to explain the development time. Again an assumption. TWs may be taking their time to perfect it, rather than delaying it because of issues etc.

>Censoring whistleblowers on Reddit and Steam forums If I were developing a game, I would hate whistleblowers leaking details about the game that may not even be a feature anymore etc. Same goes for a director/producer being pissed at someone leaking storylines.

Personally, I will still be buying BL, but I will be leaving a bad review on steam no matter how good the game is, because this is simply outrageous. That's petty. Why not review the game for what it is on release? Steam reviews are to review the game not the development etc.

I love how these people say they won't buy Bannerlord.. C'mon... we know you've been anticipating this for years and you will buy the second it is released on steam. Its ok to be frustrated I guess... but don't lie to look tough - you will be buying Bannerlord.

~Lawrence~ said:
I love how these people say they won't buy Bannerlord.. C'mon... we know you've been anticipating this for years and you will buy the second it is released on steam. Its ok to be frustrated I guess... but don't lie to look tough - you will be buying Bannerlord.

I'm si frustrated I barely care anymore. Don't play games like I used to, mostly because I don't have as much time, but with the amount of time I've put into following this game it would be silly to ignore it when it finally releases

Absolutely.

This game is promising to be a unique specimen. I've played more Warband than any other game.

If I have my way, I'll play Bannerlord for just as long if not more.

NPC99 said:
Anyone who’s played Warband/WFaS/mods knows the unique potential of a single player sandbox world. Warband was developed on a shoe-string budget and released to play on potato computers. It’s remarkable what Armagan and his tiny team achieved despite the odds. Clearly, it was a pale shadow of Armagan’s original vision. There are so many mods partly because there are so many ways it could be better. Bannerlord is Armagan’s attempt to do what he always intended with the funds and staffing that weren’t available when he started.
Anyone who thinks this is a cash grab is an idiot. If Armagan wanted to exploit the franchise for profit, he could have released more DLCs without investing what he’s earned back into Bannerlord. What other games company is mad enough to invest in such a long scale development project? Where are all the Warband or Bannerlord competitors, if this type of game was so easy and profitable to make?
Sure TW have made mistakes and will continue to do so, but no one else is going to make this game for us.

Back
Top Bottom