SP - General Let us customize and rename random companions

Users who are viewing this thread

wherearewee

Recruit
When we hire a randomly generated companion from a tavern, it would be really great if we had the option to rebuild their physical appearance from scratch (including gender and what faction they hail from), and rename them to our liking.

When we hire a randomly generated companion from a tavern, it would be really great if we had the option to rebuild their physical appearance from scratch (including gender and what faction they hail from), and rename them to our liking.

I'm torn on this. You don't get to completely modify people you meet. There should certainly be more (and there will be more coming) variety in types of companions.

What I would like is more low level (level 1) companions so that you can train them from scratch. I always recruited these in Warband to fill spaces in my party that needed filling.

And if you want to make your "dream companion", you can always modify their character file.

I'm torn on this. You don't get to completely modify people you meet. There should certainly be more (and there will be more coming) variety in types of companions.

What I would like is more low level (level 1) companions so that you can train them from scratch. I always recruited these in Warband to fill spaces in my party that needed filling.

And if you want to make your "dream companion", you can always modify their character file.
I'd rather not have to go in and mess with files. Just an option for designing the physical appearance and names of my companions would be perfect. I'm with you though on wanting more low level characters to build up from nothing. Right now our choices are warrior, ranger, surgeon, warrior, warrior, or warrior.

I like this suggestion, but I would probably prefer sliders a bit more. As in set percentage of companions that are male/female and set percentage of companions from various factions.
Right now there's just too many female companions. Apart from that, I'd like to set all companions to be of the culture I'm playing as.

I'd rather not have to go in and mess with files. Just an option for designing the physical appearance and names of my companions would be perfect.

There is a mod out that allows specifically these things already: Detailed Character Customization. Very lightweight, doesn't impact your savegames and works fine in 1.4.0.

Right now our choices are warrior, ranger, surgeon, warrior, warrior, or warrior.

Two flavors of engineer as well.

Back
Top Bottom