SP - Economy Let Player Build Farms and Food supplies: AS MANY AS NEEDED, in thier owned fiefs, keep it simple

Users who are viewing this thread

Hearths cap out and caravans decide not to show up and towns just run out of food and starve, dropping loyalty and security even though on the player side every thing is squeaky clean and in order: All the upgrades are built No enemies can raid villages irrigation's been going strong hearth's capped or close
But the town just keeps starving and there's nothing to do about it

Hey, how about if the player could use some of thier immense, near-un-spendable wealth and massive man power to just make some more farms and feed thier own towns and soldiers?
Can we please be the ruler the world deserves and just build the stuff the people need?

It doesn't need be fancy or mixed with any existing systems, just add a menu option in clan fiefs to build farms, you spend money and a troops and in a season you get +10 food, just keep doing it as needed. It can just be another stat on the your clan fief page that shows how many farms you have built. Make it as expensive as you want: 1million and 100 t6 troops for a year? Sure I can back it, just give me my stable food! And if I lose the fief, the farms go dormant (or even disappear) so it can't interfere with the anti-progress cycle of the AI.

I get it that somebody wants the economic systems to trap the AI in an endless cycle with little or no progress. Well that's fine for the AI but it's not okay for the player. We want every second of time we spend to be progress in our campaign. Any situation that does not have a proactive solution for the player has no place in a single player game. The issue of not being able to hold successful towns forever without a food shortage (and thus loyalty and security) crisis undermines any possible long term game progression into multiple generations.

I beseech you to consider making all your anti-snowballing/ AI cycle trapping economic stuff only for the AI on AI simulation and give the player the choices and options needed to make the long term game rewarding!

Anything that actually lets us interact with the world and feel like we're having a real effect on it outside of just wrecking economies via raiding and changing colors of towns via conquest. PLEASE.

I want to be a benevolent king that lets all of his subjects prosper.

+1

I think all villages should have primary tradegoods and a primary foodgoods. Both cities and castles should be able to improve this to a very high degree!

villages should be awardable to players/lords too, after all kings actually award lands as a reward for successful campaign,

now, player should be able to improve the economy and livelihood of his village, notables can provide more recruits and experienced one since their village is in good state.

later villages can build mini fortress or walls made of woods, patrol groups that protect their area and more things

Honestly, I think they should just link prosperity (the primary cause of starvation) to food surplus instead of food stock. The prosperity should stop growing when there is food scarcity (low surplus food, +1~3?) as at that point, food should become harder to procure and poorer people would starve before they get to dip their hands on the keep's food storage. People would also have trouble having children when they have insufficient food. And have prosperity go negative at zero to negative food. That's it.

Ideally, this would create a gentler natural prosperity softcap instead of this swinging booming prosperity and crashing economy and garrison. As the prosperity stops before the whole town starve.

And the idea of disrupting the supply line still works if not better because prosperity would start dropping as food surplus becomes negative, long before the food stock actually runs dry.

As for food production, I think the village production already scales to their hearths and all villages have basic food production. If it is so, then that's already enough.

Last edited:
Hearths cap out and caravans decide not to show up and towns just run out of food and starve, dropping loyalty and security even though on the player side every thing is squeaky clean and in order: All the upgrades are built No enemies can raid villages irrigation's been going strong hearth's capped or close
But the town just keeps starving and there's nothing to do about it

Hey, how about if the player could use some of thier immense, near-un-spendable wealth and massive man power to just make some more farms and feed thier own towns and soldiers?
Can we please be the ruler the world deserves and just build the stuff the people need?

It doesn't need be fancy or mixed with any existing systems, just add a menu option in clan fiefs to build farms, you spend money and a troops and in a season you get +10 food, just keep doing it as needed. It can just be another stat on the your clan fief page that shows how many farms you have built. Make it as expensive as you want: 1million and 100 t6 troops for a year? Sure I can back it, just give me my stable food! And if I lose the fief, the farms go dormant (or even disappear) so it can't interfere with the anti-progress cycle of the AI.

I get it that somebody wants the economic systems to trap the AI in an endless cycle with little or no progress. Well that's fine for the AI but it's not okay for the player. We want every second of time we spend to be progress in our campaign. Any situation that does not have a proactive solution for the player has no place in a single player game. The issue of not being able to hold successful towns forever without a food shortage (and thus loyalty and security) crisis undermines any possible long term game progression into multiple generations.

I beseech you to consider making all your anti-snowballing/ AI cycle trapping economic stuff only for the AI on AI simulation and give the player the choices and options needed to make the long term game rewarding!
We need this

Back
Top Bottom