Let Minor Factions actually fight with their own troops!

Users who are viewing this thread

hadrian625

Recruit
I always have wanted to maybe do something with the minor faction troops in Calradia, but there are so few around I can only get a couple. Most minor faction lords only have 0-5 special troops in their armies, and I think it would be super fun to fight against an army of these special troops. For example, it would be great to attack the legion of he betrayed and be able to recruit a full roman army. Taleworlds, please change this! Also, please buff cavalry. Cavalry were really op in this time period in Europe, and you don't have to do that, but please make them passable.

Last edited:
The Burning Embers or whatever they are and the Forest Brothers always seem to be fully stocked in special troops but all the other minor clans have barely any. No idea what the difference might be as the Embers are constantly in wars, if they aren't working for a Kingdom then some Empire kingdom is fighting them.

At this point, even mods will do it better themselves here.

I've used ATC to specifically make minor factions recruit only their own troops from settlements. Anything else is just the result of prisoners or tavern mercs.

At this point, even mods will do it better themselves here.

I've used ATC to specifically make minor factions recruit only their own troops from settlements. Anything else is just the result of prisoners or tavern mercs.

Yeah I think that the mercenary factions should mostly recruit their own troops.

Petty Kingdoms mod gives minor clans fieves, so you can find attached villages with their special troops. In my actual play, Wolfskins have one of castles (Aster?) in Battania and I can recruit plenty of their wolfskinned warriors in attached villages.
I didn't check in details if Wolfskins themselves recruit only there, but knowing the silly game system of "recruit everyone everywhere" I doubt that.
Maybe it could be edited in some partytemplate xml to force them to recruit only certain type of units, but I have never investigated this area.

Last edited:
I think all of them should have basically a version of Veteran's Respect (the leadership perk that converts bandits to nobles), that turns all recruits into their troops.

Currently the Hidden Hand and Eleftheroi are especially wacky, going from easily defeated base troops, to eventually having mostly T5-6 faction troops by farming on villagers and picking off random lords.

(I'd also buff their units though, maybe same for embers of the flame - each should have some shielded units and a bit better armor - right now embers/hidden hand are too easy to completely faceroll with horse archers and eleftheroi are too squishy)

I fought a party of the Hidden Hand yesterday that was about 50% Elite Cataphracts and then the rest were Palatine Guards and Imperial Sergeant Crossbowmen. Eleftheroi can be worse when they have tons of Khan's Guards.

I don't mind them getting powerful but currently it's just kind of absurd that they're fielding superior parties to most lords.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom