Let me discuss with you my personal thoughts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Jo guys for me it feels like TW is doing the worst they can do in management.
They ended the contract with one of the best devs and clearly the best community manager Mexxico.
We only know that he is leaving because he told us but whats about all the other devs who worked on the game early on?

For me after more than a month of waiting for new Beta and nothing happens it feels like TW fired all of their good devs (like mex etc) and they are trying to get the game finished but it doesnt work with their policy.

I mean just look at the errors we get every new update.
Sieges arent fixed since March 2020, every new update brings a lot of bugs, no new beta (for me it seems like they have just a few devs and they cant handle the work) no real communication with the community.

I mean 1 Person made the M&B Online Mod by his own in about 5 month.
So normally payed devs should make a very good game in the last 12 month but I cant see that.

The game is just 15% better than it was since the start of EA.
The Skills are now all completed and are working fine but that was promised at the start of EA in March 2020.

All the videos we have from 2016 and later are showing a much better and a more smoother game than what we have right now.

If the game wouldnt have mods like the Realistic Battlemod, Ludus, Freelancer, Diplomacy Fixes, Turnament Enhanced, Armor Mods, Troop Overhaul mods, etc. I think the game would be dead already and just the awesome Modding Community is keeping the game alive.

So please Amalgan Yavuz Armagan think about hiring more skilled devs or hire some of the modders for a few month, pay them money to fix the code or whatever bcs if this wont happen I dont think the game will be finished till 2025 or later.

Just tell the Modders if they can fix the Siege bug they get 1500$.
Pay some bounty for people who can fix bugs like Rockstar did it with the Loading bug for online mode.

Otherwise I think another company will come and produce a much better game than Bannerlord because the Hype is real!

Yeah, I'm not sure Mexxico was actually fired. I think he just had a fixed-term contract. Although , of course, I'm not sure... and have no inside knowledge. Just going on what other people said.

I agree with everything pretty much said by the OP

BUT.......

we are just before a patch... and people have been waiting a long time since the last meaningful update. So discontent in general is high. Frustration is at a peak. But , as long as the next patch brings some significant changes , then post-patch... people will feel more positive again.

It's a cycle..... and we are in the sh * tty bit right now.

Last edited:
Just tell the Modders if they can fix the Siege bug they get 1500$.
They won't pay. They know modders are going to do the world with this game anyway and TW will get to capitalize on a crazy amount of free labor to make the game worthwhile

I dont believe the next patch will be big.

They still havent implemented Keep fights.
The Terrain fight shown in the last Video is miles away.
Siege AI fixes not even around the corner.

I think the next Big Patch will be around Steam Summersale or Christmas because then you have the highest attention of new players who could potentially buy the game

I dont believe the next patch will be big.

They still havent implemented Keep fights.
The Terrain fight shown in the last Video is miles away.
Siege AI fixes not even around the corner.

I think the next Big Patch will be around Steam Summersale or Christmas because then you have the highest attention of new players who could potentially buy the game
I was hoping it would be finished by Christmas.

If you invest your time to elaborate a good request based on your game knowledge and community feedback and it is refused in a monthly meeting in less than five minutes without any discuss probably you would look for another job especially if you are young and talented.

Everything just seems mismanaged. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing... if they're even doing anything at all, of course.
My theory is pretty simple. What was a two people team at first almost suddenly became a 200 people team and got hit by flying money straight in the face: that made them lazy, arrogant and all the humility and creativity that gave birth to Mount & Blade disappeared or was buried under the weight of inadequacy and greed.
2012 Taleworlds was basically Bioware at the time of Baldur's Gate 2.
2021 Taleworlds is the Bioware that came up with Anthem.

I don't care about community managers when the game is being mishandled. Does anyone know who the vision holder is for this game and what they want to achieve?

With Mexxico leaving the company, my hopes for this game are shrinking by the day. For a full year now, he's been the only dev constantly talking to the community - and if they are unwilling to renew his contract, I'm pretty sure I'm unwilling to spend another buck on this tragedy of a game. It would probably be unironically better if they handed the game over to a decent studio who actually knew what they were doing.

Mexxico has not been fired as far I know. On the other hand, I really blame TW for not trying hard to keep Mex in the team. Everyone “has a price”, and I am pretty sure that if TW would put some effort, they could keep him in the company.

Concerning the EA progression, the game is getting improved but yes, they are being too slow. Anyway, I really doubt that this game will be failure, mostly because it has been already a success, and much more people wil buy it and play it after more mods get finished. It is just about how great this game could be, compared to how actually is.

There are some game aspects like balancing the equipment prices which I really cannot understand why it is getting so much time to be done. It is for sure something related to a few group of people being in charge of a huge amount of work.

For me after more than a month of waiting for new Beta and nothing happens it feels like TW fired all of their good devs (like mex etc) and they are trying to get the game finished but it doesnt work with their policy.
While engagement with customers could be considered a positive quality for a developer, it is certainly not an indicator of a "good dev."
I mean just look at the errors we get every new update.
Sieges arent fixed since March 2020, every new update brings a lot of bugs, no new beta (for me it seems like they have just a few devs and they cant handle the work) no real communication with the community.
This relates to TW SD methodology which would fail even if you had the best devs in the world onboard.
I mean 1 Person made the M&B Online Mod by his own in about 5 month.
So normally payed devs should make a very good game in the last 12 month but I cant see that.
This is not really a fair comparison. First of all for any SD project, number of devs working on the project is inversely proportional to the efficiency you get per developer. Ten people working on a project for one hour each will produce nothing compared to a single person working on it for ten hours. Secondly, how fast you can produce a mod is often related to how good the codebase is. I am not saying Bannerlord has good codebase for it seems like it does not; still, this relationship makes your comparison unfair to TW.
The game is just 15% better than it was since the start of EA.
The Skills are now all completed and are working fine but that was promised at the start of EA in March 2020.
And (AFAIK) Mexxico was with the team all this time.
So please Amalgan Yavuz Armagan think about hiring more skilled devs or hire some of the modders for a few month, pay them money to fix the code or whatever bcs if this wont happen I dont think the game will be finished till 2025 or later.
As I said earlier, you can put the best devs in the world into TW team, and I promise you that with the same methodology (or lack thereof) the results would again be the same. A single dev hardly has any influence on how a game should be developed, especially against an opinionated management.
Otherwise I think another company will come and produce a much better game than Bannerlord because the Hype is real!
This is actually the most likely scenario. There is a reason why "Cities: Skylines" is the flagship in city builder games today. It used to be "Simcity" which created and defined the genre until C:S was released six years ago. After Electronic Arts released the disastrous Simcity (2014); Colossal Order recognised the opportunity, went all in and won.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom