Let me discuss with you my personal thoughts!

Users who are viewing this thread

While engagement with customers could be considered a positive quality for a developer, it is certainly not an indicator of a "good dev."

Except that mex is also the only dev to receive his own devblog highlighting specifically his work on steam/youtube THIS EA. We also have numerous examples of what we know is his own brainchild from dev blogs pre EA.

Except that mex is also the only dev to receive his own devblog highlighting specifically his work on steam/youtube THIS EA. We also have numerous examples of what we know is his own brainchild from dev blogs pre EA.
Sure, I never claimed he is not good in what he does; he might be an amazing developer. My whole point is that given the SD approach in TW, it does not really matter how good he is.

I would say that given his performance track record as a dev and consistent communication with the community there could be a correlation between the two. Even a poor dev who listens to their players could create a better product than a good dev (armagan) who's eyes and ears are closed to feedback. If armagan or some other lead devs were to have the same mindset as mex, that communication and community feedback are very important and lead to a better game then even with all their managerial shortcomings we would have an immensely better game.

I would say that given his performance track record as a dev and consistent communication with the community there could be a correlation between the two. Even a poor dev who listens to their players could create a better product than a good dev (armagan) who's eyes and ears are closed to feedback. If armagan or some other lead devs were to have the same mindset as mex, that communication and community feedback are very important and lead to a better game then even with all their managerial shortcomings we would have an immensely better game.
I cannot disagree with that. SD is human intensive and how good your people are is an important factor. My point was that there are bigger problems, but it sounds like you think one of the few people (if not the only) you trust is leaving TW. In that case, I would feel the same as you.

Back
Top Bottom