Let leeds play

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fietta said:
The names are labels. You named your team UK, yet contains only players from England. With Wales being separate, there's no such thing as a Wales and UK team as that's basically saying there's a team for Wales but also Wales is represented in the UK team?. The home nations come under the roof of the UK but are all separate home nations, If anything there should be teams for each home nation. Since the rules continue from NC2017 and the acceptance of Wales, I believe that the Leeds team cannot exist.

Robin lacked any sort of understanding of the UK and since Rey wasn't active during that drama it's pretty clear you're abusing his lack of knowledge to make him decide in your favour. The UK is a nation, players from the UK can play for a UK team. It isn't any more complex than that; your Welsh team should never have been allowed in the first place because it created a huge issue about what counts as a nation when such a thing never needed to exist. In the context of this tournament, which allows multiple teams from one nation, your Welsh team should simply be a UK team choosing to use players exclusively from Wales. The "Leeds" team is a UK team choosing to use players from all of the UK. I don't understand why you think it is viable to contest this

You're right and I have a hatred for when Gibby proves me wrong and finds my malicious behaviour. My desire to completely block out the rest of the UK was a cold idea. Strangely, you're the only person who actually saw what I were trying to do, thus, I'm stepping down. After being caught out, the Leeds team should continue. I'll probably be disbanding Wales due to the extreme unfortunate events as a direct consequence from the force of improvement of my team. Pob Lwc.

Can I go to bed now?

Snazzelicious said:
Has Fietta EVER won a forum argument? Like, it's concerning that all his time training to be a keyboard warrior hasn't paid off

This entire topic was about how I managed to make Wales an NC team from pure sorcery. So yes, plenty. Its been a good year since something like this happened. /:^(

The Russian Federation includes 85 subjects, but we don't make something like Moscow team and Tatarstan team, or Ural team and Siberian team.

m1tchell23 said:
Pretty sure the "Wales" team should just be banned for cheating last NC. Sounds like they're all admitting to breaking the rules in this thread.
^

Why are you guys so ****ing stupid? Just sign up as UK and stop bickering the admins with your UK sub-part countries.
Aeronwen should also be banned from future administration and or participation.

So a bunch of cry babies didn't get into team UK last year so signed up to team wales (which was a joke and heavily debated last year) knowing full well that by playing for Wales you would never be allowed to play for any other nation than Wales in a nation's cup.

Fast forward to this nc and your now crying that you should be allowed to play for a team that isn't Wales because you lied and cheated last year?

Why didn't you just make another team wales? Just because the tournament is a 5v5 doesn't mean it's a free for all in regards to nation rules.

Now, i'm going to go on record here saying something I was hoping I wouldn't ever need to...
But yes, i'm not Welsh. Fully admitted and if the result of that is me being banned from any future nation tournaments, I can accept that.
Oddly, though, I'm not sorry I did it. I would do it again.
Reason I have to talk about this is is your comment on not getting into the UK team last year, Osiris.

I'm sure I'm mostly forgotten - but before 2017, the last NC I took part in was many years ago, and as far as I can recall the process was a subforum was given to each nation, and then people who wanted in sort of duked it out until a team was somehow thrown together a few weeks later.

The years after that, due to IRL reasons, I was unfit to participate again - and when I was finally able - in 2017, I tried to find out how to take part in the NC once more - especially expecting it to be the last of warband, what with the imminent (haha) arrival of Bannerlord.

The subforums were gone, and after a short amount of digging it seems the team generation became a private affair. Captains were already preselected in some way with their own rosters in mind.

Now, on principle I find this in itself a *little* unreasonable. If this was a clan tourney, then fair enough, sort your teams out and send in who you please - but as there can only be one national team, it seems only fair that it's either the best of each nation, or a fair representation of that nations offerings in Warband.

So i found out who the captain (one of them) was and sent a message along asking to be able to try out for the team, and basically all of the above.
The difference, is that all I really want is the opportunity.
A few days before this leeds mess, I was told the NC was on again, and the "Welsh" team is up and moving, and asked someone to see if I can join again this year. Fieta said no, as they were looking for other cav players.
And you know what?
That's honestly totally cool with me. Whether it's because i'm not good enough, or they need more cav or whatever - he still knows me and knows how good I can be, so i don't need to try out. I was evaluated and didn't meet the mark. And I was cool with that and let it go.
The leeds thing happened a few days later, irrelevant of that. Was told there was a mutiny of sorts and they were forming another team, and that I was welcome to join that.

However... What happened last year, was I wasn't given my opportunity.

I don't have the chatlogs - I believe they were over steam, so forgive me if my memory isn't perfect, but I was acknowledged by the captain I messaged and told I could join a scrim the following day as a try out. Very reasonable.

The next morning I got another message - The other captain wanted some of his clan members to take up the slots (I believe it was the clan AE, but don't quote me here), so I was welcome to come watch the scrim, but I wouldn't be taking part in the NC that year, no matter what.

And if that message came the next day, after I had my tryout - even if it was a farce? Again, I'd be totally cool with that.
But I wasn't afforded that opportunity. Those captains didn't know me, and never saw me fight. Chances are i'm worse than anybody they had in mind for that slot, but they didn't know that. Simply being passed over for being unknown is not, in my opinion, reasonable behavior for a Nations Cup. This is the Tourney where everyone, large and small, is afforded a fair chance to represent their country.

Yes. I don't really give a damn about fighting in itself. I want my chance. The UK team let me down last year by not affording me that chance. So I took my chance with the welsh team. I tried out and was let in. It wasn't instant acceptance. And if they turned me down last year, that would have been cool too.

So if I'd be allowed on a future NC welsh team, i'm more than happy to permanently switch my alligiance. My Nation turned it's back on me, so I shall too on England, and turn my sights to Wales.

And if I can fight for no one, due to a ban or otherwise from now on - I accept that. I made my own bed, I'll lay in it.
But make the nation tourneys more transparent and fair from now on.

______

TL;DR

I'm a filthy liar.

And I still stand by my previous belief here - If there are unlimited numbers of team for every and all nations, then I can still fight for Wales under an alliance of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
The Welsh team gets theirs, the standard UK team gets theirs, and us con-men get ours.

m1tchell23 said:
Pretty sure the "Wales" team should just be banned for cheating last NC. Sounds like they're all admitting to breaking the rules in this thread.

_Osiris_ said:
So a bunch of cry babies didn't get into team UK last year so signed up to team wales (which was a joke and heavily debated last year) knowing full well that by playing for Wales you would never be allowed to play for any other nation than Wales in a nation's cup.

Fast forward to this nc and your now crying that you should be allowed to play for a team that isn't Wales because you lied and cheated last year?

Why didn't you just make another team wales? Just because the tournament is a 5v5 doesn't mean it's a free for all in regards to nation rules.

I agree

Edit: Leroy I declined at the time because of the roster cap (which has now been removed btw).

Sombie I see where you are coming from. I was invited to last year's UK team then kicked out before the first training scrim but I didn't sign up for Wales  :shock: usually UK has in the past given people opportunity to try out but they can choose not to. Problem is sometimes you feel wronged or that life isn't fair but you suck it up and move on, lying and breaking the rules doesn't solve anything.

You played for Wales and if You had just made Leeds a Welsh team instead no one would have said anything

It's **** from Rey to allow someone "change" his nation in Warband, when it benefits his own team, but then refusing to accept a legitimate team in his tournament just because they were playing for a meme fietta's team in the past  :party: :party: :party:

Vernon played for Russian team in NC 2014, therefore he dedicated himself to Russia.

h ttps://i.imgur.com/YDIfTBd.png

Vernon playing for UA this year, even though he shouldn't be allowed as he dedicated himself to Russia in previous tournaments.

h ttps://i.imgur.com/1FDc4Me.png

CISCHEATINGSCUM said:
It's **** from Rey to allow someone "change" his nation in Warband, when it benefits his own team, but then refusing to accept a legitimate team in his tournament just because they were playing for a meme fietta's team in the past  :party: :party: :party:

Vernon played for Russian team in NC 2014, therefore he dedicated himself to Russia.

h ttps://i.imgur.com/YDIfTBd.png

Vernon playing for UA this year, even though he shouldn't be allowed as he dedicated himself to Russia in previous tournaments.

h ttps://i.imgur.com/1FDc4Me.png

Yeh he shouldn't be allowed either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom