SP Native Less Damage - Reduced Damage Taken and Output

Users who are viewing this thread

Compatible version
e1.4.2-e1.5.4

hsngrms

Regular
Less Damage mod reduces the damage taken for everyone. Including all humans (player, wanderer, lord, troop, bandit etc.)

Why you should use this mod?
* If your level is high enough you can one shot enemies with most weapons, this mod brings balance to that.
* Enjoying longer, more realistic and more tactical battles.

4 alternative editions provided:

• Damage multiplier set to three-quarters (3/4) default version. (Doesn't make big difference but prevents most one-shots)
  • Damage multiplier set to half (1/2) for players want to enjoy long battles.
  • Damage multiplier set to quarter (1/4) for players want to enjoy longer battles.
  • Damage multiplier set to one-tenth (1/10) for way longer battles, with this version you will have plenty of time to play tactical.

HOW IT WORKS
First, how the damaging works in vanilla game
Actual_damage_output = (RAW_damage - (Armor * Armor_soak_factor)) * (1 - (Armor/100 * Armor_reduction_factor))
Then, how this mod works
Less_damage = Actual_damage_output * Damage_reduction_factor_of_this_mod

Armor soak and reduction factors
This info is not important for my mod but I'm including for curious people.

Cut damage armor soak factor = 0.5
Piercing damage armor soak factor = 0.33
Blunt damage armor soak factor = 0.25

Cut damage armor reduction factor = 1.0
Piercing damage armor reduction factor = 0.65
Blunt damage armor reduction factor = 0.65

Note: This information was not data mined by myself and I don't remember the source. Kudos to unknown.

---------------------------------------------------------OLD-DESCRIPTION-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary: Less Damage mod reduces the damage taken for everyone. Reduced damage output provides exact same result with increased hitpoint. Why use less damage mod over increased hitpoint mods? Because this is easier to keep it compatible between game versions = less hassle for end users.

Less Damage mod reduces the damage taken for everyone. Including all humans (player, wanderer, lord, troop, bandit etc.) and all mounts too.

There is a mod called Custom Damage, which provides Custom Damage for different armor types. Less Damage is NOT doing same thing, this mod reduces the incoming damage even if you have no armor.

I'm providing 3 alternative editions:

• Damage taken/output reduced to three-quarters (3/4) default and recommended edition.
  • Damage taken/output reduced to half (1/2) for players want to enjoy longer battles.
  • Damage taken/output reduced to one-tenth (1/10) only for hardcore players. (We should call this edition as Archers' Doom!)

* Nexus Mods' Vortex can be used for install / uninstall.

Manual installation

This mod can be installed any time. It does NOT need new save game.

After downloading the mod just extract zLessDamage folder into the Modules folder of game.
Path to Modules folder is like below:
...\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules

I suggest using 7-zip, I'm using for years, it is free, functional and fast.

Do not forget to activate mod in launcher when starting game.

There is no specific instruction for load order. This mod will work anywhere between under Native and bottom of the list.

Manual uninstall

This mod can be uninstalled any time. It will NOT corrupt your save game.

Deactivate Less Damage in launcher if you want to disable for a while but use it again later.

Remove zLessDamage folder from Modules if you want to complete uninstall.

Compatibility with Other Mods

As of today this mod is compatible with all other mods on Nexus. Feel free to inform me if you find any compatibility issues.

Save Game Compatibility

This mod is %100 save game compatible. You can add this mod anytime you want, you will get reduced damage output immediately. Also you can remove anytime you want, damage output will turn back to original.

Compatibility of Future Versions of Game

This mod will stay compatible between versions of game unless TaleWorlds rewrite damage calculation method completely. However I will update the mod as soon as possible when there is such a change.

You all Stay Safe!

Nexus Mods links of my mods: Naked Females / Faster Movement / Throwing Arrow / Less Damage .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom