Native Completed LES Summer Supremacy NA Dueling Tournament - $222+ Prize- Congrats to M!

Users who are viewing this thread

Orion said:
[M] said:
This isn't naste where you confirm times and turn up if you feel like it and cancel matches if they're not going your way.

For somebody that isn't even involved in NASTe you seem to have a pretty strong opinion about it. Care to point out any examples of tournaments that went flawlessly the first time?

I think the fact that NASTe is flexible makes it easier for teams to sign up and become part of competitive play. Being an obstinate ******* runs counter to that ideal.
Actually I think a ladder is the best format for a game with warband's activity and there's a lot else good about naste, that's why I let naste teams use my server even when I'd rather be playing on it myself. A lot of the rules are completely anti-competition and they damage what you're trying to do with it.

If the rest of that post wasn't just window-dressing around calling me an ******* and you actually care what I think I'd be happy to talk to you about it in PM or steam, but I probably wouldn't be telling you anything you haven't already been told.

QwvAY.png

Hubs.  :lol:

Enough with the scheduling arguments. All that's needed to be said has been said.

We're on to our championship match. M vs. Hubbel - barring me getting any messages about M's grandmother needing an emergency gender reassignment surgery or Hubbel needing to roadtrip over to Norway to replenish his lutefisk stockpile the championship match will be played today in approximately 4 hours on Beast Coast duel. Spectators are encouraged but interruptions will be punished mercilessly. Best of luck to our two competitors!

My gma's dead so that really would be a strange emergency and a difficult procedure to boot, I look forward to reading the entire fanfic! Maybe the one on my mother's side could become a man and seduce the one on my father's side. So many shipping possibilities when sex changes are on the table.

Hubbel's not replied yet to my PM about whether we're on for tonight but I'm fairly sure we are

e: he has now and we are

I think it's awsome to have a warband tourney with some $$$ on the stake. So I'm gonna do my part and chip in some cash! =)

Donating $21 to the prize pool, putting the total sum at a nice $222 so far.

Good luck M and Hubbel, may the finale be a thriller!

Congrats M, who won 7-2 (the second set)!
That was so tense. Good fights!

Also HUGE thanks to Hasek for organizing and to everyone donating and supporting the tournament in any way!

Nice fights guys. Should have a video up a bit later.

Congratulations to M and thanks to the Hasek for organising the tournament (even if it took... a little longer than expected :lol:). Personally, I don't see why duel tournaments need to be longer than a fortnight but I know the top duelists would never stand for it.

captain lust said:
Nice fights guys. Should have a video up a bit later.

Congratulations to M and thanks to the Hasek for organising the tournament (even if it took... a little longer than expected :lol:). Personally, I don't see why duel tournaments need to be longer than a fortnight but I know the top duelists would never stand for it.
I think that duel tournaments should just be in like 1-2 days. You just get everybody one one server and they go through the bracket, this tournament took way to long.

I'm throwing around the idea for a duel ladder to run concurrently with the NASTe battle ladder. Another "go at your own pace" sort of competition. I can easily see a duel a day for participants. Thoughts? I don't want to start it unless there's some demand. It would be just like NASTe's schedule (4 month season + playoffs), though it would be faster paced with individuals.

Or maybe a team dueling ladder. Not sure yet. Pairs and triples, maybe?

Orion said:
Or maybe a team dueling ladder. Not sure yet. Pairs and triples, maybe?
Team dueling? Ahh skeet skeet yeah. That would make me reconsider my plan to drop this game for the semester.

ManO vs. Hubbel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRnP4GdlVGc

My video of the M/H duel -- which will be better than Lust's -- is encoding/uploading now.

It can't be stressed enough how great it was of Hasek to put something like this together. A prize pool? Who does that? Hasek does, aw yeah.

Congratulations to both M and Hubbel for playing two fantastic sets! Perhaps next time we'll make it a best of 3 BO13 sets? Hubbel might collapse from aneurysm at his keyboard, but it sure would be a lot of fun  :mrgreen:

I've PMed the winners and hope to be paying out shortly.

Also, perhaps with a bit of help, I'd like to compile a stat sheet for the tournament for all of our involved players. I think it'd be a lot of fun and help for any future tournament invitations.

I'll leave the thread unlocked for discussion until we get stats together and the prizes paid out. =)

Back
Top Bottom