Native Completed LES Summer Supremacy NA Dueling Tournament - $222+ Prize- Congrats to M!

Users who are viewing this thread

ManOfWar said:
What was the reason for this absolutely positively having to get done by Saturday?

God forbid we move it back one day, or at the very least give me enough time to warm up
What was the reason for not posting in this thread if you had a problem with the date hasek gave you? What was the reason for CONFIRMING a time with hubbel today if you were going to turn up over an hour late, making him stay up past midnight? What was the reason you apparently couldn't come duel or at least respond when you (or someone else) were online on steam from a long while before the time you confirmed up until you decided to roll up?

Hubbel was gracious to give you 10 minutes of warmup time with your friends after that and you tried to cancel the duels after the set had actually started and you'd lost a couple? What even is that? This isn't naste where you confirm times and turn up if you feel like it and cancel matches if they're not going your way.

I was not in control  of the time I was going to be home today, I thought everything was going to go as planned but **** happened.

Not to mention it is Friday, so I thought there were worse things than staying up a wee bit later than usual on the day before the start of the damn weekend

So more than 10 minutes of warm up would have been nice, no not nice but necessary. There was no way I could get to a comp when I things started going bad.

I had not played all day...................

ManOfWar said:
What was the reason for this absolutely positively having to get done by Saturday?

God forbid we move it back one day, or at the very least give me enough time to warm up

Mano, the tournament has been going on since the summer. This concrete schedule was made the first week of January because people weren't scheduling their own matches. I then gave everyone an entire extra week. You were on steam since noon today so I'll assume that means you weren't at work and had full capability to practice for the 5 hours leading up to the match. If you had an unavoidable conflict you could have messaged me, Orion, or one of the other admins, or even have scheduled it for yesterday evening.

My steam is always online, I never turn it off.

Ask anyone, the only time my steam goes off is when my computer is turned off and then goes back on again when I start the computer

Enjoy your finals

John7 said:
ManOfWar said:
My steam is always online, I never turn it off.

+ 1

Yea you can be Online constantly on Steam
This is splendidly irrelevant anyway but:

QwvAY.png

Heh ain't that something,

I never set my steam to away manually, that must of been automated.

edit- ah I figured it out- http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1162501

My wireless mouse does not have a sleep mode, it is always on- since the online and away is determined by mouse movement, my siblings must of tried to get on my computer and moved the mouse

ManOfWar said:
Was M the admin that force started the match?
Yes. You asked for warmup, hubbel said a short one and I said 10 minutes then go, which you didn't complain about. We'd already been waiting an hour and weekend or not some of us have to work tomorrow. I know from past experience that hubbel is about a trillion times too nice and would have let you keep warming up while he got more and more tired in sweden's saturday, so I gave you a time.

Even if you weren't happy with that you could have called a tourney admin, which I'm not, and asked for a rude as hell postpone. You didn't, you glhf'd and started the set and tried to cancel just because you weren't playing good enough. **** that.

When you said begin..

I asked for 2 more duels with my friend, you said No.

The fact of the matter is, I needed to warm up because I was rusty. I did not get any signal from Hubbel that he was tired or the he disliked dueling at very late time. I would of absolutely just postponed it before the match even started.

I suppose lets not let this happen again...

I said "let's start" after you asked for one more duel, and finished that one. Is that signal enough that I want to start?

Heh I just remembered that I tried to get Ryden to post pone it by sending him a text. But he had lost his phone

Such a shame

NA summer dueling tournament ends in midwinter with two euros in the finals

gf 'merica

trölölöl

ManOfWar said:
When you said begin..

I asked for 2 more duels with my friend, you said No.

The fact of the matter is, I needed to warm up because I was rusty. I did not get any signal from Hubbel that he was tired or the he disliked dueling at very late time. I would of absolutely just postponed it before the match even started.

I suppose lets not let this happen again...
Dangit mano, shoulda used the elite spamatar like I told you to... Then this wouldn't have happened...

[M] said:
This isn't naste where you confirm times and turn up if you feel like it and cancel matches if they're not going your way.

For somebody that isn't even involved in NASTe you seem to have a pretty strong opinion about it. Care to point out any examples of tournaments that went flawlessly the first time?

I think the fact that NASTe is flexible makes it easier for teams to sign up and become part of competitive play. Being an obstinate ******* runs counter to that ideal.

Back
Top Bottom