Les Maisnees del Vis****e d'Iveri

Users who are viewing this thread

Congratulations, my foe, with your band of soldiers!

If I can make one suggestion: why not make your clan tag _du_Batard instead? Right now your clan tag and your clan name are quite different.

Also, the proper form of your name (for both the Normans and the English) was Willelm. Here you can see it written on the Bayeux Tapestry, which was wrought right after the Conquest.

Bayeux_Tapestry_WillelmDux.jpg

Thank you, my noble foe Eadric the Handsome.

I prefer to stick with William although thank you for that picture of the Bayeux Tapestry

I know the clan name and clan tag are different but this is a trick because I don't want any lazy people joining my clan  :grin: all they have to do is look hard in the forums for which clan has the clan tag The_Conqueror, as it is written in big letters at the beginning. I may decide to change it though later on in the future.

Thank you for your suggestions, Eadric the Handsome. Always a pleasure

I would vote for using "_du_Batard" as it has a better feel to it for a norman clan than "The_Conqueror". Just my 1/2 cent :p

Well I have been thinking about it and I have agreed to change it although I will use the English translation as most of my peers prefer it  :grin:

Takeda_Shingen said:

I love when people post pictures of Regia Anglorum, means I can spot familiar faces and this image has quite the crop of them! Left to right; Mike's arm, Al, Nigel (with spears), Charlie & Bonnie behind Nigel, Kevin behind Bonny (in the greeny-brown) and then the chap on the right I don't know, but I did once take his sword across my shoulder blade after I charged him whilst only armed with my precious little Wynn (a hadseax). At a guess, I reckon thats Whitby 2005 (or was it 2006? Can't remember), probably the final day as I'm not with Hæstingas in that picture (I was relegated to clearing up duties due to accumulated injuries). Other faces I recognise but can't recall their names.

Anyhow, always good to see Norman clans. Best of luck to you!

I did indeed, although I've not seen any of them for years - there are quite a number of us re-enactors around, so there's bound to be people around here who will recognise other re-enactors in pictures people post.
Nigel, Al, Mike & Kevin taught me everything I know about using spears & fighting in a shieldwall. Grand people :grin:

Back
Top Bottom