Leonardo's Studio (Artwork and Signatures)

Users who are viewing this thread

+1 Couldn't had explained it better.
As I said in the Opening Thread, don't like it? Fine, it's ****. But that should motivate you to do something better for the community, and I bet you have the ability to do so.

Thanks Splofot, though I admit i don't have as much experience as this guy seems to have. So if he says it's bad maybe it is, besides as Fox said, let's step away from the flame war, and keep the proyect up.

I hope your secret masterwork piece is coming through  :mrgreen:

IT_Fox said:
Calm down guys. No need for a flame war.
Lannistark, if somebody criticize your work, just take it, if he doesn't say what to do to make it better then just ignore his comment or think about what might be not good.
@Belendor Lannistark is not our man for art, he's just a fan who made a signature for our mod. Until now he's the only one, and as Lannistark said in the OP you can make a signature too if you don't like the existing ones or just want some more. Then everyone can decide which one he likes more.

Sounds fair.

Instead of starting from a .jpg format with a background, you could start over from a transparent layer then copy it on whatever background you want on its back.

@Lannis, who knows maybe you get this in use and polish your best logo without those remnants of white background.

I tried to fix that, maybe you would like to use. Due to its resolution, fixin' it all was not possible.

8IqRP.png

Hey everyone, I just wanted to show you something I just found:
Hashashin_by_wraithdt.jpg

I'm thinking of using it as a main menu picture or something, we will see.

Nice, looks cool. Perhaps you should resize it, and delete the stock background so it looks flashy in the loading screen?

Well, putting the entire image as the main.bmp when selecting warband will look odd. I suggest you delete the background and only leave the two men fighting, then take then to a png or another file that supports alpha channels.

Or this will be loading screen? In that case it could work pretty fine, if resized

I gave it a try, this one is the base to be used on any kind of image. I just was not sure to add the logo on somewhere of it, so just decided to ask you. I could put it on top of the Hashashin which would look cool but then you would have to remove the logo that shows up on loading screen just upper left of the window.

88889340.png

And, this is for launcher.

mainhc.png

Cool, especially the main.bmp for the launcher. I would have used the background too as a loading screen, though. Not only the hashashin and the guard.

Patta said:
Cool, especially the main.bmp for the launcher. I would have used the background too as a loading screen, though. Not only the hashashin and the guard.

Ye, for the loading screen the background looks very cool. You could then add the logo top left for an awesome effect.

Anyways, good job Belendor you are a fu***n artist man  :mrgreen:

Belendor said:
I gave it a try, this one is the base to be used on any kind of image. I just was not sure to add the logo on somewhere of it, so just decided to ask you. I could put it on top of the Hashashin which would look cool but then you would have to remove the logo that shows up on loading screen just upper left of the window.

88889340.png
This looks great, but one of the things that impressed me in the original image is that woman in the window horrifically watching the fight. I'm not sure how would it look like if you add that to the ones you made, but I think you should give it a try.

Edit: Plus, by removing the background (which reflects the idea of a "town" the way I see it), you kinda change the purpose of the image from (1) some guards trying to arrest someone (the assassin), to (2) some kind of a fight in a battlefield or something. I think those "towny" things should remain if you were to keep the "assassin" atmosphere that the original image provides.

Very well done Belendor. The image for the launcher will fit very good. But I think the original one is much better to use for the loading screen, because the atmospehre of a fight in a town is very cool. And if there're only the two assassins it would be a little boring.
Give us your opinions, guys. They're very helpful.

IT-Killer

Uhm, i never thought of it like that. Still that base helps you a lot, whenever i find some spare time. Will do something else including the woman. :smile:

Well, I just did something simple in about 10 minutes. It's just a rough idea, simplistic, no real hard-work put in. Grabbed a cool image from google, made some editing to make it look more shadowy, removing background and added the logo.

I want to know your opinion about this; If you do like it, then I can polish it and make it look good, or better at least.
Also, if this image could do for the launcher or anything else you have in mind. Quality is mediocre, but I can improve it  :mrgreen:

scaled.php

Back
Top Bottom