Legio VIII Augusta [EU] [Recruiting}

Users who are viewing this thread

lozza367

Recruit
96c566d56688300641c48b24c2876f49.bmp

LEGIO VIII AUGUSTA

History of the Legio VIII Augusta
Legio octava Augusta (Eighth Augustan Legion) was a Roman legion created by Pompey in 65 BC, along with the 6th, 7th & 9th, and continuing in service to Rome for at least 400 years thereafter.
They were ordered to Cisalpine Gaul around 58 BC by Julius Caesar, and marched with him throughout the entire Gallic Wars. In 49, at the very beginning of the civil war between Caesar and Pompey, the Eighth Legion accompanied Caesar across the Rubicon into Italy. By the end, they stood against him at the Battle of Pharsalus. The legion was also present in Egypt, when Caesar captured Egypt for Cleopatra. In 46 BC the legion took part in the Battle of Thapsus (modern Tunisia), shortly before their disbandment.
In 44 BC, Augustus reconstituted the legion which had helped him attain the control of the Empire. This loyalty gave the legion the cognomen Augusta. VIII Augusta took part in the Roman invasion of Britain.
In 69 AD, the Year of the Four Emperors, following the suicide of Nero, the legion took the part of Vespasian, the new emperor. After that they took the new name, First Italic Legion. The legion also fought in Parthia with Septimius Severus (who ruled from 193 until 211) and with his successors.
Records indicate that they were still active during the first years of the 4th century at the Rhine frontier. This means that the history of the legion covers more than 400 years of almost continuous service. In 371 it was stationed in Argentoratum (Strasbourg), in Germania Superior, according to an inscription. Later, the Roman general Stilicho, was compelled to move the German legions back to Italy to defend it against the Visigothic invasion.

Roster

Senior Officers:

Legatus: Luka
Tribune:Augustus
Praefectus:
Primus Pilus:IIIODYSSEYIII

Subaltern Officers:

Centurion: Lozza
Centurion:
Optio:
Optio:

Support Officers:

Aquilifer: Qazmania
Signifier:Wes

Non-Comissioned Officers:

Salararius: Rekute
Triplicarius: Gibbo
Duplicarius:
Sesquiplicarius: Xantax

Rankers:

Conicen: Roan
Immunis: RollyRolly
Immunis: Nekoboi
Immunis: Wolf
Immunis: Jack Bastonne
Immunis:Martin_F
Immunis:Balch
Immunis:Smiddy
Immunis:Hoghams
Immunis:Nikolai
Discens:Jelly
Miles:Barrett

Recruits:

Tiro: Vaganius Pregnatius
Tiro: Urinius Spermius
Tiro: Biggus Dickus
Tiro:Nick
Tiro:hololo
Tiro:Armenius
Tiro:TyberZann

Rank Structure

Legatus
Tribune
Praefectus
Primus Pilus
Centurion
Optio
Aquilifer
Signifier
Salararius
Triplicarius
Duplicarius
Sesquiplicarius
Conicen
Immunis
Miles
Tiro

Joining the Legion
If you would like to join that is awesome. You just have to fill out this application down below and we will get back to you shortly.
After you have done this add 5Brg_MajGen_LukaFiXxX on Steam!

In Game Name:
Steam Name:

LEGIO VIII AUGUSTA

Good luck :grin:

If your looking for a Monday event feel free we need more :wink:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,286798.0.html New RaW event looking for more attendets :grin:

In Game Name: Galloglais
Steam Name: JoyzLife
Past Experience:In MP, I'm basically a noob, but I've had the actual game for about a year.

Celtic-Joy said:
Past Experience:In MP, I'm basically a noob, but I've had the actual game for about a year.

Hate to break it to you, but sometimes it's a good idea to read the dates on the last posts. What I'm saying is, the clan's dead.

KickingJoub said:
Celtic-Joy said:

Hate to break it to you, but sometimes it's a good idea to read the dates on the last posts. What I'm saying is, the clan's dead.

Lol, I always manage to not read the dates.  You guys know of any Irish Legions/Gaulish Armys?

Thanks

I am afraid that there are no Gallic- based clans on Rome at War, at the moment, but you could fix that by founding a one yourself.

I could......but I probably won't.
No mike and I have to share a computer so it would be too annoying
Know and legions with roughly 20 people in it? I don't like joining big groups of players, no idea why.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom