[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a castle near the noldor woods, wait until lords with noldor prisoners stop by, take the prisoners and sell them and boom ez money

Teyrn said:
Get a castle near the noldor woods, wait until lords with noldor prisoners stop by, take the prisoners and sell them and boom ez money

I find this is the easiest source of money, noldor relations and honour.  Even if you r castle is not near noldor, just tell any lord who has lots of prisoners to flee to your castle 

Pacific_Salmon said:
Teyrn said:

I find this is the easiest source of money, noldor relations and honour.  Even if you r castle is not near noldor, just tell any lord who has lots of prisoners to flee to your castle

I found it good to do quests for a KO and gain exp and money. If you join the order (in my case the Raven Spears) you are given some very nice armour and weapons as you increase in rank.

So I have been helping the empire take over the world but now im changing my mind as I want to start my own kingdom. So far its day 900 with cko maxed out with noldor gear and I own seven cross keep with sarleon wiped out and ravenstern on the brink of destruction. I'm smack dab in the middle of the empire territory how and I don't have much relations with any lords as I have been focusing on just gearing up and gaining couple millions silver. I have not been given a chance to siege a fief that is close to my castle and I have no idea how to start my own kingdom this late in the game

swordmaster345 said:
So I have been helping the empire take over the world but now im changing my mind as I want to start my own kingdom. So far its day 900 with cko maxed out with noldor gear and I own seven cross keep with sarleon wiped out and ravenstern on the brink of destruction. I'm smack dab in the middle of the empire territory how and I don't have much relations with any lords as I have been focusing on just gearing up and gaining couple millions silver. I have not been given a chance to siege a fief that is close to my castle and I have no idea how to start my own kingdom this late in the game
Just do it man. You have your CKO to back you up. Start conquering extra castles and towns asap for yourself, so that you can rebel. And if you can, try to do the rebellion when Baccus Empire is at war with at least D'Shar or Fierdsvain (the two somewhat intact kingdoms I presume), so that you can divide the Empire more efficiently.

Is it just me or the factions I've played with have some sort of soft handicap? Seriously, I've done a playthrough with the Empire and the Ravenstern. In the Empire playthrough we got crushed but Ravenstern was doing more than fine, meanwhile in the Ravenstern playthrough we just keep losing castle after castle, and the Empire still did badly (Seriously they kinda suck at this). In both cases, our enemies managed to consistently group up 1,5k+ armies, meanwhile our marshals barely gathered 1k, but they seem to have landed on their heads several times during childhood, since they refuse to siege out 300 max garrisons (our old fiefs), or worse they started sieges, then laid siege to something else and then disbanded. Seriously what?

Madijeis said:
Is it just me or the factions I've played with have some sort of soft handicap? Seriously, I've done a playthrough with the Empire and the Ravenstern. In the Empire playthrough we got crushed but Ravenstern was doing more than fine, meanwhile in the Ravenstern playthrough we just keep losing castle after castle, and the Empire still did badly (Seriously they kinda suck at this). In both cases, our enemies managed to consistently group up 1,5k+ armies, meanwhile our marshals barely gathered 1k, but they seem to have landed on their heads several times during childhood, since they refuse to siege out 300 max garrisons (our old fiefs), or worse they started sieges, then laid siege to something else and then disbanded. Seriously what?
I think all factions are like that until your faction gets a really good marshall and a good start after taking 2-3 castles worth of prisoners the masrshall force would be very strong and thats how the empire basically steam rolled sarleon. You can also get lords to follow you and then kill a spawn that has 1k+ prisoners.

Madijeis said:

Every faction has been balanced to the point where each major faction (without player intervention) can come out ontop and be the most successful. There are no handicaps. It's your assumption that one faction is better than the other.

Madijeis said:

One of the things I have wondered about following a Marshall is why they just wander around with their army instead of going for targets. Sometimes they even head in the opposite direction to the enemy territory. There doesn't always seem to be a sense of purpose. Is the AI a bit wobbly?

Is there a KHO with objectively the best armour? Looking to join one and get the most out of it - planning on making a CKHO after I finish the grandmaster quest.

Not sure if I want to do 2h/bow or 1h/shield/bow, any suggestions? Also not sure for most of my companions, 2h/shield/throwing/throwing, or 1h/shield/bow/arrows?... or maybe 2h/shield/throwing/throwing? I'd keep the companions who start out with good power draw or throw as their respective style.

Lastly though most importantly, which marriageable lady has the most male relatives who will be positively affected (and thus easier to bring over to a player kingdom) once I marry her?

Thank you <3

Is there a KHO with objectively the best armour? Looking to join one and get the most out of it - planning on making a CKHO after I finish the grandmaster quest

Kraken Riddari, Rangers of the Clarion Call, Order of the Radiant Cross. I would chose Krakens because they use body armor with head protection. But you can pick up whatever looks best for you. Btw, you should start CKO as fast as possible (in other words - when you receive walled fief) because training takes a lot of time. Even if you are not sure about equipment just start training them with your companions.

Not sure if I want to do 2h/bow or 1h/shield/bow, any suggestions? Also not sure for most of my companions, 2h/shield/throwing/throwing, or 1h/shield/bow/arrows?... or maybe 2h/shield/throwing/throwing? I'd keep the companions who start out with good power draw or throw as their respective style.

2h/bow is very strong build because you can equip your troops with 2 quivers. I personally did that with my sergeants and I was usually able to kill over 500 defenders in sieges before my archers ran out of arrows. Don't go for 2h / shield / throwing / throwing since when your troops exhaust throwing weapons they won't use shield anymore. 2h/ 3x throwing or 2h/1h/shield/throwing or just 1h/shield/ 2x throwing. I found 2h/1h/shield/throwing the best choice because you can switch between defensive stance and offensive stance when your troops no longer have throwing weapon - just equip them with any blunt weapon as 1h. By default they would rather use 2h which proviede more damage, but you can force them to use shields by forcing them to use blunt weapons.

Dezman said:
Is there a KHO with objectively the best armour? Looking to join one and get the most out of it - planning on making a CKHO after I finish the grandmaster quest.
Beside what @Dezman said, the Order of the Ebony Gauntlet and Phoenix have also one of the best armor setup among KO-s.

Dezman said:
Nothing beats horse archery if you know how to do it effectively and abuse the AI behaviour. The same for companions, especially if you play with enhanced horse archer AI turned ON (toggleable in mod options in camp menu).

But I'd recommend to try out something you haven't done before. I've always found such playthroughs/setups the most interesting. And challenging, depending on the criteria you make up for yourself.

Dezman said:
Lastly though most importantly, which marriageable lady has the most male relatives who will be positively affected (and thus easier to bring over to a player kingdom) once I marry her?
Dunno, I always go for the first lady who seems to like me in return and whose father/brother does not have a bad personality. Literally nothing depends on picking a different lady, as gathering a big a family around you is not rewarding or well thought out at all. Especially because you don't want to have lords with bad personalities (pitiless, sadistic and bad-tempered) in your kingdom, as they will be always discontent about your actions and tendency of giving out newly conquered fiefs as a king/queen. Which would require hosting feasts after feasts for months and talk to everyone on a daily basis, just to restore the relations lost. Which is not fun to do at all (it's very grindy), trust me.

Thanks for the details. In your second para are you referring to CKO or companions?

CKO. I would rather avoid giving your companions throwing weapons - the only exceptions in my party was Kaverra (she had high skill since beginning) and Siggy (CKO trainer in strenght and throwing). The fact that Ansen (archer) overleveled Siggy at some point speaks for itself - throwing weapon for companions is usually not a good choice - your best bet is giving them 1h + shield + bow + arrows.

Order of the Ebony Gauntlet and Phoenix have also one of the best armor setup among KO-s

Right, forgot about those 2 KHOs. Shadow Legion (not Shadow Wolves) are also very good cavlary, they have a little bit worse armor (2 - 3 points) but use the best horses from all knighthood orders. You can check troop trees in game and decide what type of troops suits your playstyle and also check their gear.

If you join a faction as a mercenary, how do you leave the faction if the current king is a prisoner in a major enemy town?  olo wants to leave and start a rebel army now.

olo said:
If you join a faction as a mercenary, how do you leave the faction if the current king is a prisoner in a major enemy town?  olo wants to leave and start a rebel army now.

Wait until the month long contract you signed is up, decline to renew.

swordmaster345 said:
Any way to port CKO to other fiefs?
Yes. Buy a Qualis Gem from cheatmenu, disassemble previous chapter, create new in another fief and give back the money you lost in total through the export/import character feature.

So yeah, there's no legitimate way to do this.

I think I get it now. The Marshals get easily distracted by villages getting raided by sizable forces (100+) so they duscontinue the siege. Hence the best way to save a fortress is to raid a far away village with someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom