[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks, just a quick question regarding the added non-vanilla female faces.

Since they essentially show up as a 3rd choice of gender during character creation, do any of you know if the game recognises them as exactly the same gender as vanilla females? An odd question I know, but I decided to have some fun hunting down the achievements - how the game views your character's gender is important for those. I have no idea how the game triggers them or how the mod works though, so was hoping one of you did.

ahseph said:
Quick question, is there way to repair an armor from Rusty back to normal?

If so, how? Thanks guys!
When you become the Grandmaster of a Knighthood order I believe you get the ability to pay for it. via a blacksmith (haven't done it myself, good luck!)

Jamoid said:
Hi folks, just a quick question regarding the added non-vanilla female faces.

Since they essentially show up as a 3rd choice of gender during character creation, do any of you know if the game recognises them as exactly the same gender as vanilla females? An odd question I know, but I decided to have some fun hunting down the achievements - how the game views your character's gender is important for those. I have no idea how the game triggers them or how the mod works though, so was hoping one of you did.

I did something similar in 3.7, and can confirm that pretty females are definitely counted as females for the achievements.

Moridin said:
I did something similar in 3.7, and can confirm that pretty females are definitely counted as females for the achievements.

You my man are awesome and I love you. I was terrified I was going to have to play it safe with the plasticine vanilla faces.

Daeghen said:
Is there any point in training Weaponmaster to CKO?

No they are counted as troops and only yourself, companions and lords get the benifit of this skill

Tyrgalon said:
Will the culture of villages change after a while if a faction of different culture takes them over?

Yes after a while they will switch to the faction owners recruits, so keep an eye out if a faction is going to be wiped out and go on extensive recruiting spree in their remaining villages if you wish to retain access to these troops types. Store them in a castle/town that dosen't have training grounds built and they will stay as recruits(cheap upkeep) until you decide to train them.

Is there a way of disabling companion complaints/leaving with the new version please? Since 3.8 TweakMB doesn't work anymore :sad:

Always like a big happy, well equipped, family raining down death on thy enemies.

Thanks!

Brew said:
Yes after a while they will switch to the faction owners recruits, so keep an eye out if a faction is going to be wiped out and go on extensive recruiting spree in their remaining villages if you wish to retain access to these troops types. Store them in a castle/town that dosen't have training grounds built and they will stay as recruits(cheap upkeep) until you decide to train them.

This isn't actually true. It's a percentage chance. Treebeard gave me the percentages five years ago (Jesus Christ) but given that it's been five years I can't remember where they are. It wasn't in the bugs thread or the QQ/QA thread I guess since I just dug through five years worth of posts looking for it. But basically: If the player controls the village, it's a tossup between Pendor recruits and the original recruits. If another faction controls the village, it's a mix between the original faction and the current faction. Obviously this means that if the village is still owned by its original owner and isn't owned by the player, it will only give the standard recruits.

hypnos4 said:
Is there a way of disabling companion complaints/leaving with the new version please? Since 3.8 TweakMB doesn't work anymore :sad:

Always like a big happy, well equipped, family raining down death on thy enemies.

Thanks!

1) Open simple_triggers.txt

2) Find the piece of code "110 1 144115188075855884" (currently there is only one such combination of numbers in the entire file).

3) Add 31 2 1 0 right before it.

4) Look at the beginning of the line (which is also the beginning of this trigger). Increase the second number (the one that follows 1.000000, it equals 100) by 1.

This should prevent companions from ever starting "I'm done. I'm leaving." conversation. Credits to @Leonion

I've read long ago that the more protection a character has on his head and hands, the bigger the penalty in his archery (I suppose in his crossbow and throwing too). Is it true?

krisvk said:
ahseph said:
Quick question, is there way to repair an armor from Rusty back to normal?

If so, how? Thanks guys!
When you become the Grandmaster of a Knighthood order I believe you get the ability to pay for it. via a blacksmith (haven't done it myself, good luck!)

Thanks! I was lucky to get a Rusty Nolder Noble Armor, but not sure whether to sell or keep for repair :smile:

st_ryder said:
Got my first fief and was thinking of creating a KO. Does it make sense to create scorpions KO in Singal if there is already one in Ishkoman?

I would recommend founding your own CKO as it takes a long time for them to become good and the quicker you start the better.

Just posting again because no one answered before:

You are supposed to get honour in duels correct?
I am not and i was wondering if it was a bug or if they have changed it in 3.8 Or if i have just not noticed and it has been that way for a while.  (The tournament win screen says you get honour)

Epicrules said:
Honor is rarer than Qualis Gems are in 3.8 it seems.

Indeed! And renown is not much more common, either. Since the new "endless wave" battle system came about, the max possible renown I've seen is 55, against Eyegrim(!) no less!! :shock: If he's as stingy on loot drops in 3.8 as in 3.7, it's going to be a long time before he has to worry about me! Perhaps a plague that turns Undead into Farmers will strike? :???:

is it possible for a lord to prison a unique spawn ? i'm not 100% sure but the moment i checked my garrison i had a unique spawn on my prisoner list and i even got a dragon tear ... while i'm 100% didn't  fight  against any

I want to side with Fierdsvain in my new game but their archers really really suck. What is the best non-faction archer troop in the game? I would recruit Ravenstern archers but their morale drops like crazy when you fight their own countrymen.

w4hammer said:
I want to side with Fierdsvain in my new game but their archers really really suck. What is the best non-faction archer troop in the game? I would recruit Ravenstern archers but their morale drops like crazy when you fight their own countrymen.
Well, you have the Pendor archers that you can get from farmers, those Vaccavi crazy women, armored crossbowmen, Mettenheim crossbows and Barclay Sappers.

I´d say Pendor Armored Bowmen are your best option. It´s not hard to recruit farmers and those archers are only level 30. Mettenheim and Barclay crossbows are good, but hard to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom