[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vitorio said:
1 quallis for each chapter you plan to build

Question, is there a list somewhere of all knighthood orders that don't require qualis gems to found chapters (or that do)? Couldn't find such a list online, and I'm not sure the wiki notes for each order always includes this (it only lists it for a handful of orders, and I had the possibly mistaken impression that it was more often required)

Roque the Rogue said:

I hate the JATU, they are a plague WORSE than heretics, the game says you're supposed to befriend the noldor, and by doing that you're supposed to take 'em to the Jatu steppes, but the Jatu simply wreak everything, its annoying, I had a perfect planned strategy, put Empire Pikemen en front vanguard, then crossbowmen at the hills, cavalry as a supporting force, few legionnaires in the center. How can that fail? FOR SOME "REASON" the Pikemen didn't brace and the first Jatu charge killed half of it, cavalry as soon fell.. nevermind the crossbowmen.
Indeed.

Their armor and horses are far too good.

Their ****ty armor is almost as good as quality full plate?
They got the fastest AND most heavily armed horses????

Game needs balancing, STAT

TrashMan said:
Roque the Rogue said:

I hate the JATU, they are a plague WORSE than heretics, the game says you're supposed to befriend the noldor, and by doing that you're supposed to take 'em to the Jatu steppes, but the Jatu simply wreak everything, its annoying, I had a perfect planned strategy, put Empire Pikemen en front vanguard, then crossbowmen at the hills, cavalry as a supporting force, few legionnaires in the center. How can that fail? FOR SOME "REASON" the Pikemen didn't brace and the first Jatu charge killed half of it, cavalry as soon fell.. nevermind the crossbowmen.
Indeed.

"I can't beat something so it needs balance or a nerf."

-People

The Jatu have always been bastards to fight on the field, they are wrecking machines on horseback and not playing carefully on the battlefield will net you a loss. You need to bring proper guns to the right gun fight and simply saying you have the best troops is meaningless. I speak from experience fighting Jatu.

There are tactics and ways to hinder enemy cavalry, fighitng on a hill, forming tight infantry formations, the balance of number of troops, etc.

The Jatu are deadly, but they shadow in comparison to other minor faction spawns in certain cases.

TrashMan said:
Roque the Rogue said:

Indeed.

I used around 80 immortal's and 100 ravenstern rangers and i managed to beat the army relatively easily, just try to kite them on a hill and you will be fine

And thats where CKOs came in

You hate noldor, build Anti Noldor CKO
You hate jatu, build CKO similar to Noldor

The game is very much balanced

Is it just me or does the massive enemy armies that spawn not raid cities that much anymore? Im currently 254 days in and Laria has not even once been looted by the Noldor, the Heretics has stayed of Sarleon and Poinsbruk has been spared its destiny to be looted every week by Jatu and Mystmountain armies.

New change or just luck?

fishy75 said:
Is it just me or does the massive enemy armies that spawn not raid cities that much anymore? Im currently 254 days in and Laria has not even once been looted by the Noldor, the Heretics has stayed of Sarleon and Poinsbruk has been spared its destiny to be looted every week by Jatu and Mystmountain armies.

New change or just luck?

The locations of Cez, Laria and Poinsbruk were changed, that's why they aren't raped all the time by the spawns anymore.

fishy75 said:

New change or just luck?

In my game, at day 300, Cez, Ethos and Poinsbruk were raided. I don't think it happened more often with version 6.11

@saxondragon
Thank you sir, its not that I'm new to PoP, its been a long time since I played, lots changed  but I could never find a reasonable way to deal with them Jatu.
What I get mostly from the Red Brotherhood are Singalians and Bounty hunters, rarely a party of refugees.

Can we get anything better if we improve relations with the Red Brotherhood?

@Raviollius, thats precisely what I was doing, I usually play as mounted cavalry, maybe its the side-buffs mods that I use "Brainy-bots for warband", its a tiny program you can make the AI more.. "Smart" and unforgiving, but I use it mostly for unique characters, to make them useless lords last a bit, maybe hack up some kills, damned Ulrich, and they kick a lot, feint.. oh Gods..

Heres the link:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/doghotels-brainy-bots

The Pikemen formed 2 lines, closely packed with a legionary column right behind them, like a square, this technique is pretty useful overall when playing as the empire, because most of the time enemies will simply charge in shieldwall formation, while they get busy being pushed back by the pikes and halberdiers, I tell the legionnaires to charge, assuming the crossbowmen doesnt kill them while they're coming.. this technique will often kill stragglers, and it can easily be reformed anytime, you just need the pikemen stationary and far from ranged enemies (where cavalry comes) I tested it against the Knights of the Lion, Knights of the Dragon, poor drakes... Order of Dawn, though the wyvern can open gaps (as well fierd berserkers), you need to focus fire on them while they're coming, when they get close, they're probably already half-dead, the legionnaires can finish whats left.. the Jatu.. I dont know why, maybe its the speed or maybe the crossbowmen or maybe even ME, something happened because that most of the time was a winning strategy

@minimumdifficulty Yep, I've seen that happen before, its magic xD

@Vitorio
Yeah, because Quallis gems are pretty darn common, I know I could imagine anti-Jatu knight order, but there is the Knights of the Ebony gauntlet that wreaks both Jatu and Noldor if used wisely (oh silvermists)

@MitchyMatt
You're right pal, but I guess sometimes they just get lucky, not saying they need to be nerfed or anything.. but even the game suffers from the Jatu crysis, I've seen them take out Melitine armies, arent the Melitines supposed to be a little superior? I've seen them form armies that are about 700+ huge with rescued prisioners.. such sorcery.. Poinsbruck is a mess.. hmmm, maybe I can take wolfbode for a ride in the Jatu steppes.. that would be interesting :smile:

fishy75 said:

New change or just luck?

They're still raiding, I've seen it happen several times. Sylas Uzas is evil

Roque the Rogue said:
@saxondragon
Thank you sir, its not that I'm new to PoP, its been a long time since I played, lots changed  but I could never find a reasonable way to deal with them Jatu.
What I get mostly from the Red Brotherhood are Singalians and Bounty hunters, rarely a party of refugees.

Can we get anything better if we improve relations with the Red Brotherhood?

Relation improvement does not change what they offer you.. though the new version expands what is possible to be offered.   

Some questions regarding minor faction strength dynamics:

1) a post by noosers states that minor factions start at 100, go up by a defined amount whenever a spawn is created (scaling to size), and then down by slightly more when a spawn is defeated. This would seem to imply that they don't really recover (as at a given amount of armies present means a lower total faction strength later, as they lost more with past defeated spawns). Is there any other mechanic that allows them to recover strength based on time, winning victories, etc?

2) someone a year ago in this thread said that the effect of current minor faction strength on spawn rate isn't updated until you check the "victory progress" screen, which would seem to imply that you could keep a minor faction at full spawn chances throughout the game by simply refusing to check the victory progress (or only checking before quiting without saving). Is this true, and it doesn't update even when saving loading games?

3) Any other options for helping minor factions recover?

(Basically I went a bit solo horse archer crazy and wounded some factions sooner than I'd like, mixed in with some curiosity about the mechanics)

The large minor faction army spawns have a set tiny random chance to spawn each trigger, about 2%.
Other than that, simply kill them all and keep the located hideouts around - they´ll spawn minor facition parties a way faster.
And the classic is - of course - asking milita and lord parties for rumors.

Hi noosers,

Yep, I understand this increase spawn chances (your post from a few years ago was very informative by the way, thanks for that), but it should still result in them tending towards being destroyed over time, if the death penalty is larger than the bonus for each spawn.  I understand this is not a bad thing, rather a goal, and I also understand it can be mitigated with the large spawn rumors, but I'm still curious about the questions above:

1) are there any other factors, like time or victories, that would allow a faction strength number to recover numerically, given the same number of armies currently on the map (given that death penalty>spawn bonus implies reduction over time as armies are defeated and then replaced)

2) Is the above thing about spawn chances not updating without looking at viictory progress actually the case? So I could play an entire campaign with each minor faction functioning as if healthy long after they are dstroyed simply by never looking at the victory progress screen?

Being a filthy heretic and looking at unit files via morghs and I noticed something. all the kings have the same stats expect for Koningur Valdis and Imperator  Marius, with Valdis having better stats and Marius having worse.  was there a lore reason for this or just simple attempts at balance?

I'd guess balance for the ones who have the same stats.

The Fierdswain are the newest faction of the continent. If I'm not mistaken, their lords have much renown and their leader is so strong because they were famous raiders that settled down.

Marius is another story. If the Empire claimaint is to be believed, Marius is an ******* that got into power by tricking his people with a sham attack by D'shar mercenaries. I wish we could know the "other side" of those stories, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom