[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
shoshuro said:
I want to keep them relevant since all the other factions are alive, i guess eventually they will declare war to someone and get back in action.

If you want to, you can start the claimant quest for the D'Shar, which I think will cause the rebellion to automatically succeed (and KBK will leave the realm). You'll have to conquer a fief and wait for your liege to appear inside to leave the faction though.

You probably won't be able to keep D'Shar around for this playthrough, unless you're willing to commit yourself wholly to their cause.

iskar said:
@skullmasher: loosing fiefs DOES matter in the long run. At first you won't really notice, but after some time lords will have 50 - 100 low/mid tier troops rather than their usual 100 - 200 mid/high tier troops and they won't regain their maximum party strength but will remain on this level, unless they get a fief or are lucky enough to harvest a nice big prisoner train from Jatu/brigands/whatnot.

Losing fiefs does matter. Not only do fief-less lords field less troops, they will eventually simply run out of money and spend their days sitting in some castle (usually their relative's or liege's) with a small poorly trained force. Sometimes they will leave to hunt bandits or even join campaigns, but they will no longer be an effective force. Not to mention that unless the lord is honorable, he'll start slowly losing relation with his liege which will eventually result in him getting the boot.

iskar said:
@skullmasher: loosing fiefs DOES matter in the long run. At first you won't really notice, but after some time lords will have 50 - 100 low/mid tier troops rather than their usual 100 - 200 mid/high tier troops and they won't regain their maximum party strength but will remain on this level, unless they get a fief or are lucky enough to harvest a nice big prisoner train from Jatu/brigands/whatnot.

@shoshuro: That's not weird, that's completely normal. A faction is only eliminated when they lost all their fiefs AND parties. So just assemble a nice army or kite the Noldor lords to Torbah and put an end to that farce.

Just how long is "some time"? The crippling of the Fierdsvain in my game happened 100-150 days ago by now. They haven't been in remotely good shape for a long time. Despite that their armies are looking great. I'm pretty sure they aren't even low-tier.

Mythos said:
iskar said:

@shoshuro: That's not weird, that's completely normal. A faction is only eliminated when they lost all their fiefs AND parties. So just assemble a nice army or kite the Noldor lords to Torbah and put an end to that farce.

Just how long is "some time"? The crippling of the Fierdsvain in my game happened 100-150 days ago by now. They haven't been in remotely good shape for a long time. Despite that their armies are looking great. I'm pretty sure they aren't even low-tier.

It has less to do with time and more to do with the number of times a fiefless lord has been defeated. In order to recruit troops lords need denars. If they're fiefless, they lose most of their income (or may be even all income, I'm not sure how these mechanics work). Eventually, after several defeats, they'll go broke.

Having said that, Fierds in your game still have 12 fiefs, so that's probably 12 different lords who still have a source of income and a bunch more who still aren't broke. They're starting to hurt, but they're far from destroyed.

paparosario said:
How do you join Noldor tournaments? I have looked on the web and it says that they happen from the 1st to the 4th of every month, and you can join by talking to Sadren in Elacrai. He tells me the basic info about the tournament, but he never gives me the option to join even on the 1st through the 4th.

Also, my renown is 493 if that makes a difference. I'm not sure if there's a renown requirement to join like with the normal faction tournaments.

I also have this problem. I can't seem to get into the tournaments! Was this ever answered? I can't find a solution...

I made Boadice a lord, gave her a couple fiefs, then she got captured by the Fierdsvain.

I defeated the lord that owned the castle holding Boadice and converted him to my cause. However, I can't take Boadice from the castle garrison and when I visit her in the prison to break her out she just says I need to find the keys from the guard, but he just says "I'm so glad to see you my lord".

Why?

Solved: She will come when she is at full health.

Lolbster said:
paparosario said:
How do you join Noldor tournaments? I have looked on the web and it says that they happen from the 1st to the 4th of every month, and you can join by talking to Sadren in Elacrai. He tells me the basic info about the tournament, but he never gives me the option to join even on the 1st through the 4th.

Also, my renown is 493 if that makes a difference. I'm not sure if there's a renown requirement to join like with the normal faction tournaments.

I also have this problem. I can't seem to get into the tournaments! Was this ever answered? I can't find a solution...

Joining the tournament should be on the main screen of Elacrai. Just make sure you are checking during the daytime, tournaments don't happen at night.

How can I roll back to 1.153 ? Because I updated the game and PoP is running on 1.153.

EDIT : I have found it : ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

Thx anyway :smile:

@ Grotrian
Nice to see how you manage to deal with your problems by yourself. You're making some guys here unemployed  :wink:

---

Me just got abushed in a tavern by a hired assassin + his big brother Mr. Eventide.
Wow, i was completely caught in surprise! My lordy pendorian knight armor (made in china) could absorb a handfull of blows thanks to its enchanted angelic-netherplate-compound-armor (developed in iran), so i had barely enough time to raise my shield just to be knocked out by this Eventide who appeared out of nowhere.  :neutral: I was prepared to see a massage "You have lost 80.000 denars", but nothing!

Err ok, am i asuming correctly that this incident is purely for amusement and doesn't require any vaseline treatment?  :cool:

skullmasher said:
@ Grotrian
Nice to see how you manage to deal with your problems by yourself. You're making some guys here unemployed  :wink:
I'd imagine the wages for a Faquer are most exorbitant these days.

skullmasher said:
Err ok, am i asuming correctly that this incident is purely for amusement and doesn't require any vaseline treatment?  :cool:

Dunno. You´re the one asking for a 1vs1 toyboy match against a Demonic Magnus with your current gear.
If you´re unable to defend against a mere Knight of the Eventide and a Hired Assassain you´d better cry for mommy, son, as you´re nowhere fit enough to compete in a demanding fight.

Aw come on, i said i was attacked by surprise. That was devious and against all knightly codex there may be! Shame on you, Mr. Eventide!
I bet my backpedal-skills are more than a match for 1 knight + his t-shirt-wearing friend, once i'm prepared and allowed to unsheathe the sword.

I've been working on getting my Noldor relations up to get access to their gear for my CKO. I finally got up to 75 and got access, so that's good, but the guy in Elacrai that you can talk to for information about the Noldor is still giving me the line about how he might be willing to tell me more once they know me better. Is there actually some secret information only available at even higher reputation, or is that just a glitch/placeholder line?

skullmasher said:
Aw come on, i said i was attacked by surprise. That was devious and against all knightly codex there may be! Shame on you, Mr. Eventide!
I bet my backpedal-skills are more than a match for 1 knight + his t-shirt-wearing friend, once i'm prepared and allowed to unsheathe the sword.

Won't only be the Knights of Eventide...be careful of Knights of Dawn as well (if you're in negative relations).

You can't attack them before, and they'll join the fray once a hired assassin pulls his sword.

The bad: You don't get anything more for killing a Knight. Just the usual gold and xp.

Hi Guys!
I'm on my first playthrough and I have a question about recruiting lords after founding pendor:
I've read a in guide somewhere here that you should have 17+ relation with the lord (?before or after you capture him?), capture him and then talk to him when he is a prisoner.
This worked with the first lord I captured and he joined me with his two fiefs.
BUT when I captured my second lord with 25 relation (after capturing) he doesn't offer to join me.
Does someone know why this happens? Any ideas how to fix this? Maybe a better persuasion skill? (not sure if it matters because the option to recruit him is missing in the dialoge box).
If it matters my renown is a bit over 1000 and RtR is 48. Do these stats influence the lord recruitment as well?

zykox said:
Won't only be the Knights of Eventide...be careful of Knights of Dawn as well (if you're in negative relations).

You can't attack them before, and they'll join the fray once a hired assassin pulls his sword.

The bad: You don't get anything more for killing a Knight. Just the usual gold and xp.

I'm just glad the didn't run away with my money  :wink: I could make it a habbit to enter tavers with weapons ready from now on, but i guess it's not worth it. 800 days and it only happend once.

---

Is there any way to remove that -1 rep from enemy lords, who ask you for a physician-companion? It's sooooooo annoying and an instant reload for me, as reputation is critical and that -1 means 1 battle/capture in vain. Also, this mini-quest may work in vanilla, but here a maxed surgery-companion is THE MOST valuable asset. As if someone would give it away to an ENEMY?!!
You may ask politely, stoopid lord, but don't cry if i tell you no!

Barristan Goldenhide said:
Hi Guys!
I'm on my first playthrough and I have a question about recruiting lords after founding pendor:
I've read a in guide somewhere here that you should have 17+ relation with the lord (?before or after you capture him?), capture him and then talk to him when he is a prisoner.
This worked with the first lord I captured and he joined me with his two fiefs.
BUT when I captured my second lord with 25 relation (after capturing) he doesn't offer to join me.
Does someone know why this happens? Any ideas how to fix this? Maybe a better persuasion skill? (not sure if it matters because the option to recruit him is missing in the dialoge box).
If it matters my renown is a bit over 1000 and RtR is 48. Do these stats influence the lord recruitment as well?

Happened to me, too.
AFAIK the option is connected to relationship only. Get higher relationship and he should join. Some higher value lords (of Duke-status, holder of cities) need some extra ralationship. Try 30+ and it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom