[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Go to www.imgur.com, and then upload the image there. Then click on the image once you upload it, and copy that URL. IT should end with either ".jpg" or ".png". That's what you put in the img brackets.

anyone have any idea about it?
G2aPx4vs.jpg

Yes. Rotten Model.
It´s a problem with the gripping point with the Long Knights Lance. Nothing serious, just cosmetics. And you gained desireable wisdom and knowledge about how to properly post as well. Nicely done.

There are 3 lances around which look like that if couched - the Long Knights Lance and the Sarleon Banner and most likely the Long Cav Lance as well. Apart from looking weird, it does nothing at all.

So get a fresh pair of underwear and start serious fighting. The Jatu Honor Lance or the regular Lance are far more fearsome and something to worry about than that long piece of gear.

hi guys !

for those posters who agreed (2 pages back then) on a topic of faction balance (and how hard it is to prevent a faction death in early game, when you don`t have money, renown or army.  (thanks for all the tips btw!)

Recently i have used a very cheap, dishonorable, traitorous but incredibly effective method of saving faction (Sarleon  was getting fatal wounds on day 30!, and i was eager to save them for the sake of  - "cultural diversity" (c)Skullmasher  -.

First i tried to kill fierdsvain through "friendly crossbow fire" (while fighting on their side.... yeah,  it is dirty exploit , i know ) - however, the normal battle ends too early , to deal sufficient damage (still, you can cripple lords , and reduce amount of berserkers)
But this was tedious and time consuming.

So , i  have changed my strategy :grin:
1) now, if  i want to save sarleon ,
2) then i would decrease my relationships with them just a bit
3) i would hang around keeping an eye on  "Siege messages "
4) when a sarleon town\castle is besieged , i ride there and join assault against sarleon
5) then i click f3-f3 (use blunt weapons only) , and order charge,  while standing in a safe place )))
watch all the fierdsvain commit suicide and harmony returning to pendor.

retreat and repeat

dirty and cheap, but if you are disappointed on early faction death - this is for you.

-------
btw, i have another question ( on those "adventure\treasure seeker" parties.
They suddenly become incredibly aggressive and are attacking me on sight.
They never run from me now. At the beginning of the game they would attack me if i am weak, and run from me if i am strong.

Is it a feature ? :smile: Mb i am too famous and they want to challenge me ? :smile:))
They are just attacking me with those little parties of 30-40 ppl , while i am running with a 180 mostly top tiers infantry\archers army, having  2000 renown, and 30+ lvl.

I have "-1" relationships with adventure faction

i have helped them before they become too agressive - now i cant help them, as they prefer to commit suicide on my Huscarl\halberdiers blob and won`t fight anything else ))

I think they started to hate me even more when i actually improved our relationships

just to show you what is going on )
my army
D1qZQ1j.jpg
their army
jFaOs8S.jpg

every other parties (lords, noldor, snakes) are ok, they behave reasonably

You are running around with 32 different types of troops hence any new ones you recruit are sent into the void never to return. May want to centralize on certain units you want to keep. Since I am pretty sure warband has a limit of 32 different troops by name in your party. At the very least it isn't counting your companions which I thought it did, though I've never reached that limit. I only saw it talked about many times.

The 32 unit type limit isn´t afflicting Warband at all.
Even Mount and Blade 1.011 doesn´t concern about it anymore, if you´ve got the newest version.

It´s a terrible memory from the past, from The Heathen Darken Thymes. Don´t you go around scaring people with it, AnddyiRaynor!

The thing you´re descibing, Hanikura, happens. Far more annyoing than those treasure hunting parties is the single lord which hates you and zaps around the map at lightspeed despite having no more fiefs constantly raiding your precious rich fiefs.

Just kill and loot them sods. And heed the advise which you got - clean up your party roster. Every stack of troops in your party gets a share of the gleaming pile of loot - compansies 3. So fielding that many different troops makes the slices fairly small.

Apart from that, The Fisticuff of Death brings back fond memories of Native MnB. Khergits played a major role in it. It´s one of the cheesiest and lamest exploits around, almost as worse as edge-camping and thusly exploiting the invisible battlefield barrier.

oldark said:
For that one you need 75(70?) relations with the Noldor and ask the merchant in Elcrai to teach you the secrets of forging Noldor arms and armor.
Alright, that explains the Noldor Composite Bow, but why am I not even seeing Long Composite Bows? Does that inexplicably need the Noldor forging too? It's not even a Noldor weapon.

noosers
And heed the advise which you got - clean up your party roster. Every stack of troops in your party gets a share of the gleaming pile of loot - compansies 3. So fielding that many different troops makes the slices fairly small.

well, it adds individualism to my soldiers ))

I mean Veccavia Royal archer was serving in my company for more then one year , i cant just kick the veteran soldier that has its own history and personality :smile:
And that bladesman is freaking hero, to survive as a fodder troop for more then 1 month.
In the same time those huscarls i`ve been amassing recently- they are just like clones . Dont feel anything towards them. When they die - its like, ah, another robo-clone is dead...well. okay...

But  it is something really interesting  to hear... So , 30 huscarls will take less loot then a 1 bladesman, 1 highlander and  1 halberdier??
Only actual "stack" matters?

I don`t loot everything nowadays , only the most expensive things to sell or equip , nevertheless, if they("different stacks") are decreasing my chances of getting, let say, noldor weapons -then it becomes a problem .

Mythos said:
oldark said:
For that one you need 75(70?) relations with the Noldor and ask the merchant in Elcrai to teach you the secrets of forging Noldor arms and armor.
Alright, that explains the Noldor Composite Bow, but why am I not even seeing Long Composite Bows? Does that inexplicably need the Noldor forging too? It's not even a Noldor weapon.
Long composite bow can't be equipped on horse, so it won't be available if your knights are mounted.

noosers said:
The 32 unit type limit isn´t afflicting Warband at all.
Even Mount and Blade 1.011 doesn´t concern about it anymore, if you´ve got the newest version.

It´s a terrible memory from the past, from The Heathen Darken Thymes. Don´t you go around scaring people with it, AnddyiRaynor!

The thing you´re descibing, Hanikura, happens. Far more annyoing than those treasure hunting parties is the single lord which hates you and zaps around the map at lightspeed despite having no more fiefs constantly raiding your precious rich fiefs.

Just kill and loot them sods. And heed the advise which you got - clean up your party roster. Every stack of troops in your party gets a share of the gleaming pile of loot - compansies 3. So fielding that many different troops makes the slices fairly small.

Apart from that, The Fisticuff of Death brings back fond memories of Native MnB. Khergits played a major role in it. It´s one of the cheesiest and lamest exploits around, almost as worse as edge-camping and thusly exploiting the invisible battlefield barrier.

It's his fault for having 32 troops exactly that aren't companions.  :shock: Why couldn't he have 33.

Hanikura said:
Is it a feature ? :smile: Mb i am too famous and they want to challenge me ? :smile:))
They are just attacking me with those little parties of 30-40 ppl , while i am running with a 180 mostly top tiers infantry\archers army, having  2000 renown, and 30+ lvl.

I have "-1" relationships with adventure faction

i have helped them before they become too agressive - now i cant help them, as they prefer to commit suicide on my Huscarl\halberdiers blob and won`t fight anything else ))

I think they started to hate me even more when i actually improved our relationships

Yeah, I had that happen with Red Brotherhood. Once my relationship with them reached -1, they started suiciding on my 200 strong warband with their patrols. I'm not sure if all factions are affected by this or just certain ones.

reticentReciter

oh, so you had the same problem... well i hope it won`t happen with Eventide parties, it would be even more pain to repair relationships with them.

AnddyiRaynor

unfortunately, i don`t quite understand what you are describing... i suppose there were a bug which prevented you from recruiting more than 32 types of unit? or something like that?
The fact that i have exactly 32 unit types on my screenshot - is pure coincidence . My second character has 41 unit types in his army .
So , if there were some problems with those numbers - they are gone in current game version.
And as reticentReciter noted, the bug with overly aggressive parties happens exactly at "-1" relationships, and is not linked to my party roster .

Filou said:
Mythos said:
oldark said:
Long composite bow can't be equipped on horse, so it won't be available if your knights are mounted.
Oh, okay. I didn't know it would just leave them out. Thanks.

EDIT: Out of curiosity... is the game programmed to give dying factions absurd bonuses to try to keep them alive? The Fierdsvain, who have 12 settlements left(including villages), just declared war on me. I expected this to be an absolute joke, but I've just caught sight of their army. They have 17 lords, all but one of which have at least 100 men, and six of them have over 200 men. In addition, they've got a 258 man mercenary company at their back. Just... what the hell? They don't even have enough holdings to give every lord a single one. This shouldn't even be possible. All in all they have 3093 men. All in a single horde. I've never even seen an intact faction with that many men, how the hell do these guys have such a large army?
EDIT2: Here's screenshots of this insanity. Hell, I wouldn't believe it if I couldn't see it...
2014-05-08_00001.jpg

2014-05-08_00002.jpg
EDIT3: I miscounted. It's 3494 men. Time to see if I can hold them off.

Usually some lords are too busy sitting in their castle/town to join campaigns, so yeah when they have no castle town to be in they join in and you get a ass whooping if your a 1 man kingdom that dominated them up until that point.  :lol:

Conclusion? Fiefs doesn't matter!

Oh no, it's day 12 and Sarleon/Ravenstern/Dshar lost all cities already! They are DYING  :shock:

-> Whatever!  :mrgreen:

Lords are the only important asset a kingdom may have. And a strong marshal of course. And a king + mercenary (ursa). And so on.
Fiefs changing colour is just eye-candy. Lords with fiefs can replenish troops faster, lords without need maybe 12 hours more.
So, treat cities and castles like the dog kennels they are. Just taverns and marketplaces conveniently scattered across the map.

On a slightly more serious note: Duke Brennus of Avendor lost his city very early and spent most of his days sitting in Sarleon, grumbling over king ulric, occasionally leaving with his <100 men (depending on raid-succes-rate) to do something mildly important. Losing a fief does cripple a lord, but given enough time they will grow in power (to maximum level?). So a faction with only 1 fief may regain full operational power during a longer period of peace, IF they remain with all lords.

I got a weird situation in my current game, the D'Shar have no fiefs but they are not eliminated. Kadan hired Syla Uzas before losing Torbah so now he is idling outside Singal along with 5-6 D'Shar Lords.

They have been like that for over 50 days i wonder how this will end up in the long run :smile:

@skullmasher: loosing fiefs DOES matter in the long run. At first you won't really notice, but after some time lords will have 50 - 100 low/mid tier troops rather than their usual 100 - 200 mid/high tier troops and they won't regain their maximum party strength but will remain on this level, unless they get a fief or are lucky enough to harvest a nice big prisoner train from Jatu/brigands/whatnot.

@shoshuro: That's not weird, that's completely normal. A faction is only eliminated when they lost all their fiefs AND parties. So just assemble a nice army or kite the Noldor lords to Torbah and put an end to that farce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom