[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AlisAiren said:
Hey, I've heard you can add "sub-mods" to a mod like PoP. I'd really like to add some fancy features from the Floris pack like Deplyoment Orders and some Economic stuff because they were awesome. Is there any way to do that? If so can somebody explain to me or link me a guide? I can't find it :/

FAQ Section 4, point 5

I do not think you can, unless something has changed since this was written.

4.Game Breakers and Cheats you should be aware of
(click to show/hide)

1) Do not alter the codes in any way. PoP 3: WB has been extensively recoded and you will cause many bugs or experience crashes if you combine PoP 3: WB’s codes with tweaks designed for Native, or even tweaks from other mods because so much has changed. Bugs caused by your tweaks to the code are NOT supported.

2) If you alter the items file to make items available to you or to increase their stats/hp, remember that all your enemies who use that equipment will benefit from your tweaks.  All the armor, horses and weapons are in use in the game, many by your enemies. If your tweaks cause bugs, (which they probably will) those bugs are unsupported.

3) Do not add anything to the items file. We are maxed out. Your game won't load or will crash if you do. Please don't report this as a bug.

4) If you cheat, you will get two warnings about it.  After cheating three times, you will get the Cheater’s Achievement Award.  That award, (different from the PoP 3 , V 1.011 version) will disable all the rewards you would have gotten from your Achievements for the duration of that game, even though you still get the Achievement Awards themselves.  This is not a bug.  Save before you use a cheat. The only cheats that trigger the cheater’s achievement are ctrl+h in battle to restore health and ctl+shift+f4 in battle (Hand of God) If you use these cheats, than the Cheater’s  Achievement WILL trigger. The trigger ONLY happens with those two cheats specifically.  It does not matter if you have cheats enabled in the game  or not - the Cheaters Award triggers from those two key combinations.  (Be careful with horse rear – key  combination ctrl+j – you may hit ctrl+h instead by mistake. The only way to remove the record of that first warning is to revert to a previous save game.)

5) Do not add any other mods to PoP 3: WB. Doing so may crash your game.

Reminder from MadVader:
Common Native cheats/hacks you don't need because they are in the game:
1. Make cattle follow you
2. Disable companion complaints
3. Talk to village elders from a village menu
4. Change your banner
5. Make more cattle available in late game
6. Allow inventory/party/player hotkeys in menus during sieges and joined battles
7. Prisoner price varies with their level
8. Weekly cost in party screen shows all your costs including garrisons

3) Do not add anything to the items file. We are maxed out. Your game won't load or will crash if you do. Please don't report this as a bug.

Isn't true, anyways you so quoted an outdated post even though it is in the faq or w.e. You should have also not have commented on that because you don't actually know that people have added such stuff before.

On that topic I don't play floris so idk what type of things they have that are better than pop but I know there was a submodish thread somewhere, it could have been in the Pop cheats thread but I really doubt it. A mod loses it's momentum when it hasn't been updated in a year.

Someone must have deleted those old threads, since I can't find them with key words I know were in them. I also doubt I've ever commented in them so I can't find it in my post history, small chance I did once.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,161923.150.html maybe I'm not going to read it all though. It's also outdated.

Is Shiruzah of the Hallowed Arrow of the Jatu just broken or something? I've tried saving and reloading six times against this guy now, and he escapes every single time. I even tried editing the escape chance to 0% and he still gets away. It's not that he isn't showing up in the after-battle reports. It's actually giving me a message saying he escaped. What's going on?

Is he hurt at all before you attack him? If he is let him heal and then take him hostage and never let him leave your side for his disobedience, though he may escape eventually so make him into a stuff version of himself so you can always keep him but he can't run away..... That and idk if he is one of the heroes of Pendors  :razz: you can take captive. That and if you aren't the one iniating the fight, for example another lord did you won't get him..

AnddyiRaynor said:
Is he hurt at all before you attack him? If he is let him heal and then take him hostage and never let him leave your side for his disobedience, though he may escape eventually so make him into a stuff version of himself so you can always keep him but he can't run away..... That and idk if he is one of the heroes of Pendors  :razz: you can take captive. That and if you aren't the one iniating the fight, for example another lord did you won't get him..

I've heard of the bug where if they're too injured you can't capture them, but I thought that's only if they're too injured to even join the fight, and then it won't even say they escape, they just don't even show up in the after-battle thing. And are you sure about that last part? I could've sworn I'd captured a special person in a fight started by a friendly lord before, but I might be remembering incorrectly.

I could be wrong about the last part cause I'm pretty sure I have to but.... *runs away*

Well he isn't listed in the wiki so I'm guessing he isn't one of the special spawns you can catch. I'd wait for noosers or someone who actually knows to answer or backup this save file your reloading and keep playing and if someone says you can catch him reload it.

**edit: Ah the guy is a mercenary I really don't think you can capture him.

AnddyiRaynor said:
I could be wrong about the last part cause I'm pretty sure I have to but.... *runs away*

Well he isn't listed in the wiki so I'm guessing he isn't one of the special spawns you can catch. I'd wait for noosers or someone who actually knows to answer or backup this save file your reloading and keep playing and if someone says you can catch him reload it.

**edit: Ah the guy is a mercenary I really don't think you can capture him.

But Burilgi the Usurper was helping Koningur Valdis earlier in this campaign and when I beat him down I was able to capture him. Is he a separate category of mercenary or something?

You need to differ between merceneraries the player can hire (from your castle steward via dialogue) - those are uncapturable - and the unique heroes aka Qualis Spawn attached to the mercenary faction which are hireable by the established Pendorian Royality on top of the mercenary captains.

Shiruzah is part fo the first group, just like Kaptain Gerhard and The Freybruder, The Free Company, Sir Timothy and the Knights of the Unicorn, the 1st Banneret of Marleons, The Snow Lion Brigade, The Veccavian Renegades and many more (=11 different ones), if you fit the requirements, as this thread explains.

The QG spawns hireable by existing royals are the one listed as Adventurer Companies here

@dannus14:
Unique Spawns defeated by the AI respawn again. The kill option can only be performed through the players dialogue. So if you´re lucky, the removed unqiue leader will reappear sooner or later, stronger, to be a greater challenge to you and your comrades in arms.

Treebeard invented VIcky. He scripted some more brains into the bots. This means if you fight an organized (=militarily trained army) AND they field enough troops, they´ll automatically form ranks, and accordingly to their troop composition pick a certain tactic, like camping on a hill with infantry behind archers and their cavalry lurking around.

If you´re not marshall of a kingdom (despite beeing, eg king) you´ll notice that your allies (unless they´re hired mercenaries) aren´t following your orders but behave due to VI.

Unfortunately, it can be pretty easily exploited by the player and lure the camping opposition into an attack and formations oftenly behave a bit queer.
Furthermore, the main problem with huger battle sizes is the restricted mapsize of your battle. You´d need to scale it accordingly to avoid huge brawls of fighting. Unless you want exactly that :wink:

The VI doesn´t differ between 75, 150 or 2000 troops on field battles. The main difference is that due to more troops on the battle you´ll always get ranked infantry, archers and cavalry as enough heads are around to trigger the formation upon spawning on the battlefield.

VI doesn´t mess with reinforcements or troop composition. BUT - and that´s important - every lord and garrison hasn´t randomly assigned troops but they´re ordered from top to bottom with the strongest on top - just like the player´d do.

So likelyhood is very great that the strongest and most elite troops start first, means inital battle rounds will be a lot harder than anything else. 15 Demonic Magnii, anyone? Whereas the final battle will usually be a slaughterfest or a competition of milita units.

noosers said:
You need to differ between merceneraries the player can hire (from your castle steward via dialogue) - those are uncapturable - and the unique heroes aka Qualis Spawn attached to the mercenary faction which are hireable by the established Pendorian Royality on top of the mercenary captains.

Shiruzah is part fo the first group, just like Kaptain Gerhard and The Freybruder, The Free Company, Sir Timothy and the Knights of the Unicorn, the 1st Banneret of Marleons, The Snow Lion Brigade, The Veccavian Renegades and many more (=11 different ones), if you fit the requirements, as this thread explains.

The QG spawns hireable by existing royals are the one listed as Adventurer Companies here
Ahh, I see. Thank you! On an unrelated note- is there some special requirement to have the Noldor Composite Bow show up for equipping to a CKO? I've captured one of the Noldor lords and gotten them to give me their secrets and my knights have 7 power draw, but they aren't showing up. Nothing over the Melitine Horseman Bow is, not even Long Composite Bows.

guys. i have a problem here. I use lance  and find out that something wrong with them. i mean when stand still i hold the lance where i should hold it. but when charge my hero hold it at the bottom, some time even a bit out of the end of the lance.
photo.php

You sir should try running that lance into something when your on horseback while it is acting "weird" before you think it is a bug...

I wonder if anyone else besides this dude thinks couching a lance is weird. I didn't think it was wrong when I first couched my lance.

AnddyiRaynor said:
You sir should try running that lance into something when your on horseback while it is acting "weird" before you think it is a bug...

I wonder if anyone else besides this dude thinks couching a lance is weird. I didn't think it was wrong when I first couched my lance.
no, i know what couching the lance is. i mean i use it many time. if u want to see the picture i ll send via mail. my hero did not hold the land in the handle but in the end of the lance, sometime hold it in nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom