[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens if I lose the castle where I started my CKO ? If i take it back will it still be my CKO ? Will the training session and equipment upgrades continue as if nothing happened or will they reset?

Aure said:
What happens if I lose the castle where I started my CKO ? If i take it back will it still be my CKO ? Will the training session and equipment upgrades continue as if nothing happened or will they reset?
Yes and yes.

I'm ruler of my kingdom, and a vassal of mine (Lord Justus) just captured an enemy lord (Empire Lord) and put him away in his dungeon of Cez.

Now, i would like to recruit this lord. How can i do this?

I've talked to both lords without any options which might help. The Empire Lord gives me the option to break him free, but this appears to be a dead end script-wise.

Any thoughts?

Does capturing lords have any impact on making peace, or am I better off just letting them go to get Honor? Because I think I had maybe an in-game week of peace after destroying Sarleon (King Ulric still said it wasn't in his interests to make peace with me when he only had a single castle left) before the D'shar declared war on me for absolutely no reason.

I've tried being more defensive this time, because I don't want to move into D'shar territory yet and want to build up my newly founded Knighthood Order before I go back on the warpath, so I've only taken a single castle at a natural chokepoint to better defend my territory and have just been fighting off their raiding parties that keep trying to burn down my villages (cowards). I've captured a bunch of lords, because I figure if they're in my dungeons, they're not raising armies to attack me, and if their ruler has no armies, maybe he'll broker peace. Turns out, though, that refusing ransoms lowers my honor (because allowing more death and suffering for a handful of denars is totally more honorable...) so I can't just keep them in my dungeons until the war is over. However, the D'shar ruler refuses to make peace with me. WHYYY!?!?

Seriously, how many of your people (soldiers, mind you. I don't raid villages) have to be slaughtered and gain nothing before you decide this war isn't worth the trouble? The D'shar have gained no new territories, they have only successfully looted ONE village (because I was defending my capital under siege and couldn't get away), and have lost literally thousands upon thousands of men. Sarleon did the same before I wiped them off the map. Is the AI really just that dense/suicidal or is there some key to negotiating peace that I haven't figured out yet?

GhostofBG said:
Does capturing lords have any impact on making peace, or am I better off just letting them go to get Honor? Because I think I had maybe an in-game week of peace after destroying Sarleon (King Ulric still said it wasn't in his interests to make peace with me when he only had a single castle left) before the D'shar declared war on me for absolutely no reason.

I've tried being more defensive this time, because I don't want to move into D'shar territory yet and want to build up my newly founded Knighthood Order before I go back on the warpath, so I've only taken a single castle at a natural chokepoint to better defend my territory and have just been fighting off their raiding parties that keep trying to burn down my villages (cowards). I've captured a bunch of lords, because I figure if they're in my dungeons, they're not raising armies to attack me, and if their ruler has no armies, maybe he'll broker peace. Turns out, though, that refusing ransoms lowers my honor (because allowing more death and suffering for a handful of denars is totally more honorable...) so I can't just keep them in my dungeons until the war is over. However, the D'shar ruler refuses to make peace with me. WHYYY!?!?

Seriously, how many of your people (soldiers, mind you. I don't raid villages) have to be slaughtered and gain nothing before you decide this war isn't worth the trouble? The D'shar have gained no new territories, they have only successfully looted ONE village (because I was defending my capital under siege and couldn't get away), and have lost literally thousands upon thousands of men. Sarleon did the same before I wiped them off the map. Is the AI really just that dense/suicidal or is there some key to negotiating peace that I haven't figured out yet?

Have you tried letting them take a castle back? AI often offers peace after they take over your fief, for some reason. Also, try talking to your guildmasters about politics, not sure how useful their insight can be, but iirc they can tell you how another ruler feels about you at the moment.

Also it's a good idea to keep track of when fiefs change hands, since once a factions owns a fief, it will consider it "lost territory" forever. A city or a castle that was owned by multiple factions at some point will put you at odds with every single past owner.

Well, that explains why Sarleon declared war on me...the very first fief I ever took was Seven Cross Castle. It was held by the Empire (who you always start at negative relations with anyway) and I saw Sarleon troops leaving there, with only 40 Empire troops at the garrison. I figured there would never be a more opportune moment for my fledgeling army to claim territory, so I took it and started my own kingdom. Luckily, the Empire was at war with literally everyone else and offered peace after one failed attempt to retake it. (I figured they were just too busy to deal with me and wanted a garauntee I wouldn't take more of their territory. It wasn't for some time into my war with Sarleon that I realized Seven Cross was probably a Sarleon keep originally, taken by the Empire, and then taken from the Empire by me.

I suppose I could let the D'shar have their one castle back (although the vassal I gave it to won't be very happy, since that's his only fief) and see if they'll make peace with me then. Frankly, I'm just sick of their constant raiding of my villages, chasing them all over my borders, and dealing with their lightning fast skirmisher cavalry. I've never lost a battle, mind you...they're just annoying. And Ravenstern Rangers go through ammo so fast x_x

Sorry in advance if this was addressed somewhere in sticky about CKOs- I looked over it and didn't see an answer, but I might have missed something. I'm currently a vassal of Ravenstern and I have the option to create a CKO. It says that the CKO knights will be raised from Ravenstern Knights. That's all well and good now, but I plan to eventually rebel and start my own kingdom under the Pendor culture. Will the unit type change or will it still be stuck as Ravenstern Knights, making my CKO functionally inaccessible?

Mythos said:
Sorry in advance if this was addressed somewhere in sticky about CKOs- I looked over it and didn't see an answer, but I might have missed something. I'm currently a vassal of Ravenstern and I have the option to create a CKO. It says that the CKO knights will be raised from Ravenstern Knights. That's all well and good now, but I plan to eventually rebel and start my own kingdom under the Pendor culture. Will the unit type change or will it still be stuck as Ravenstern Knights, making my CKO functionally inaccessible?
Your CKO culture will change with your faction, so don't worry. Be careful though, your precious unupgraded R_Knights will not be upgradable to your CKO, once you change to Pendor.

Hey guys! I have a minor problem here. Snake Cult armies and other such hostile parties often consisting of more then 600 men are for some reason running away from me and i don't like it. My army consists of 163 men (mostly higher tier empire and knighthood order troops), I am a lord of the empire with a high honer rating and 1513 renown. Anyone know why this is happening because i know that if one of these armies ever turned around and fought i would be screwed.

Too little info...are they running from JUST you, or are you leading an army of friendly lords?

What version are you using, v3.6.11?

Did you tweak some files?

Difficulty level and difficulty options?
In any case, your honor, your renown, even your tactics shouldn't have any effect on world map aggression.
What exactly is your army composition?
160 Knights of Eventide might still scare the ### out of an ordinary Snake Cult army.

zykox said:
Mythos said:
Your CKO culture will change with your faction, so don't worry. Be careful though, your precious unupgraded R_Knights will not be upgradable to your CKO, once you change to Pendor.

Oh, cool! Thanks for the information.

They were running just from me, no i did not tweak any files and i had about 20 knighthood order troops with the other 140 or so being legionnaires and armoured crossbowmen. I just feel as though the army which i was chasing at the time (which contained heretic magnus's) and other hostile armies like it should have turned and obliterated me....

Were there Noldor armies or lots of friendly Lords near you? The AI takes into account all hostile parties in an area around it and flees when their combined strength exceeds ist own by a certain margin.

iskar said:
Were there Noldor armies or lots of friendly Lords near you? The AI takes into account all hostile parties in an area around it and flees when their combined strength exceeds ist own by a certain margin.

Nope. no one near me

SonofRussia said:
iskar said:

Nope. no one near me
This seems very strange then...this isn't normal. In any case, if you put your mouse cursor over the army, does it explicitly say "running from __sonofrussia__"?

The only other possibility I can think of is, that the army has wounded, so it isn't at full 600+ man power. With 160 high tier troops, I reckon you're considered an equal of 300-400 ordinary troops.

Otherwise this seems like a bug, in which case the developers still need more information...

How long does it take for the order quests to refresh? When I talk to the KotEG and ask if there's anything I can do to help, he says "of course" and then my character just automatically says "on second thought, I have more pressing matters to attend to." I hadn't had this happen to me before but maybe that's because I'm powering through the quests one after the other. Anyway, I'm assuming there's a refresh time and it's not a bug but can anyone confirm this?

SonofRussia said:
iskar said:

Nope. no one near me

That's strange. Can you upload your savegame somewhere? I'd like to take a look at this miracle, see if it will happen on my settings too.

I can't descide if prison manager is worth 10 points  :?: Please give me your opinion.

I'm at level ~39 and have INT 28, CHA/STR 24, ~14 skillpoints and 2 qualis. 2 more INT from army-achievment are expected, some CHA as well.
I want to put 10 skillpoints into powerdraw once i reach STR 30, so there aren't any points to spare.
Prison manager is at 5, another 5 points and i go bankrupt. So this is a tough descission.  :cool:

Atm (endgame) all i need is relationship with lords + qualis.
But once i finish that, prison manager will become 100% obsolete. These 5 points in powerstrike/shield/ironflesh etc would be so much better.

What do you think? Is PM 10 worth it?

If I was looking to get a walled fief and vasselage in the shortest amount of time possible from the start (any fief will do), how would I go about it?

RedDeadFred said:
How long does it take for the order quests to refresh? When I talk to the KotEG and ask if there's anything I can do to help, he says "of course" and then my character just automatically says "on second thought, I have more pressing matters to attend to." I hadn't had this happen to me before but maybe that's because I'm powering through the quests one after the other. Anyway, I'm assuming there's a refresh time and it's not a bug but can anyone confirm this?
Yes, there is a refresh timer on all the KO quests. Dunno the exact days, but should be around 2-3 weeks.
skullmasher said:
I can't descide if prison manager is worth 10 points  :?: Please give me your opinion.

I'm at level ~39 and have INT 28, CHA/STR 24, ~14 skillpoints and 2 qualis. 2 more INT from army-achievment are expected, some CHA as well.
I want to put 10 skillpoints into powerdraw once i reach STR 30, so there aren't any points to spare.
Prison manager is at 5, another 5 points and i go bankrupt. So this is a tough descission.  :cool:

Atm (endgame) all i need is relationship with lords + qualis.
But once i finish that, prison manager will become 100% obsolete. These 5 points in powerstrike/shield/ironflesh etc would be so much better.

What do you think? Is PM 10 worth it?
It depends on you. The beauty of PM in endgames is that you'll reduce the chance of lord escapes.
I personally was doing fine with PM 5 and PS and PD 8.

In my endgame, I was using my CKO, so actually I consider upgrading from PS/PD 7 to 8 was already a mistake.

If you get really annoyed or have still a load of enemy lords to capture, PM might be a good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom