[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
azxcvbnm321 said:
Which bow is best is highly debatable.  Last game I got the Sapphire Bow for the first time.  I thought it was the best bow.  This game I got the Sapphire Bow again, but relatively early.  I was disappointed in the amount of damage I was doing and switched to the Ruby Bow.  I had the Emerald Bow two games ago and thought at that time it was the best bow.  I will get the Emerald sometime later this game and make a definite determination.  I think that once you progress in stats enough to have 10 power shot and 6 horse archery, the Sapphire probably becomes the best bow because you can do enough damage to consistently one shot enemies.  Kudos to the development team for making the bows balanced enough that there is debate.  If one option was consistently better, there would be no reason to get other options.

I think the Sapphire 2-H Sword is the best.  The speed is just incredible, you can chop and kill in less than a second.  I'm using the Emerald 2-H sword for this game and it is just as deadly, but slower.  The Rune 2-H sword has P damage but the Sapphire and Emerald already do so much damage as is that the extra damage isn't really needed.  It's also much slower.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned D'Shar Bladesmen as the best infantry.  They are easy to train up and are better than Kierguards in my opinion.  I don't use Kierguards at all due to the fact that all Ravenstern Recruits go into making Mounted Rangers which are the most versatile troop in the game as they are good cav. and good archers though not the best in either category.

The piercing damage is better in my mind, especially against things like the Netherworld Charger.  And when you love fighting armies with NCs......  Well, it's almost a requirement.  XD

Bladesmen?  They are somewhat easy to train up, but their lower levels die easily.  But Bladesmasters or Scorpion assassins are far better, and are a FAR greater danger.  Bladesmen also need to be in a group, or they die easily.

I can take a dozen bladesmen no problem, but only 3 or 4 Scorpion Assassins, and even then, I emerge BADLY hurt.

I just rebell from Ravenstein!

But, I dont have vassal. All of my friend in Ravenstern include my father-in-law Count Ivanus declare me as a threat! What should I do? I dont have vassal tough.

HELP ME!

HybridSoldier said:
I just rebell from Ravenstein!

But, I dont have vassal. All of my friend in Ravenstern include my father-in-law Count Ivanus declare me as a threat! What should I do? I dont have vassal tough.

HELP ME!

Before you rebel, as a minimum, relation should be at 50 across the board.  That way, nearly all the lords will support you, rather than Kingy.  It's excessive and high, but they are far more loyal to you then.

Pravenstern said:
Turn your companions into vassals. Sirs Roland, Alistair and Jocelyn work well. Boadice is also a good choice as well as Lethaldiran, Donavan and Frederick.

I agree, all the Knights bring along their knighthood troops.  Boadice brings Vecavvia units and Lady Valkyries, which are always fun.  Lethaldiran has Noldor troops.  Donavan I debate, I haven't seen him bring any good troops along.  And Freddy brings Forlorn Hopes the field.  THOSE guys are fun.  One hit de-horse, and one hit kill for a lot of units.  But they die against good archers.

Pravenstern said:
The knights don't bring any household troops. Their army is just freaking BIG. Donavan brings Barclay troops.

Odd.  When I made Sir Roland a lord, he had some Knights with him......

Well now I'm confused.  For me, Donavan didn't bring any special troops.

Hm, I have to go test this, I wonder why it did that for me.  o_o

I'll try and take a screenshot of it, after I get my own kingdom going of course.

HybridSoldier said:
Wha is controversy?

How I decrease it?

It goes away with time.  There's another method, but I kinda forgot it.  XD

Pravenstern said:
He did? Seriously, have you been messing with the occult?

Conquer castles and win battles if you are the marshall.

IIRC, my controversy was 0 before become Marshall. Then, everybody want me as their Marshal. I conquer a few Fierdsvain castle, after a few days King Gregory IV take my Marshal tittle and why? And then theres a feast, I talk to everyone who to become the next Marshal, I chose them to support me but then they said my controversy are too high!

Controversy is gained when villages get looted on your side, lords get beaten on your side and centers get taken on your side. Fierdsvain clearly looted a lot. Controversy won't go down that fast, you'll have to wait.

Pravenstern said:
Controversy is gained when villages get looted on your side, lords get beaten on your side and centers get taken on your side. Fierdsvain clearly looted a lot. Controversy won't go down that fast, you'll have to wait.

I see, so controversy will go up to someone that become marshal. And yeah, Fierdsvain looted a few of village. Mmm maybe in real world was something like it:

"My Lord! For our sake. We need a new Marshal! Our current Marshal was nothing!"

And why King Gregory took my Marshalship?

I'm currently a Ravenstern Vassal (and thus my noble recruits are of Ravensternian (?) culture) and have got my first castle. If I set up the Knights of the Dragon here, will I be able to, when I form my own Kingdom, form the Silvermist Rangers in another castle/town and use them?

As long as you own that Castle / Town you can set up an Order there and use it. You can also disband the Knights of the Dragon if you want, as you won't have an easy access to Noble Recruits then any more.

Just to clarify.. would it be possible to have more than one linked to different Orders and be able to use both at the same time? (You never know when you might pick up a few Ravenstern Nobles/Squires from a defeated party's prisoners :wink:)

I'm a Ravenstern Lord, married, I have one castle and one village. 
757 renown, 37 honor.  about day 200.
I started as a non-noble.

How else can I raise Party Size limit (leadership and renown I know.....but what else?)  In Native, owning a castle boosts it. 
I was marshal for about one week and that didn't give me a boost either.....

I have no chamberlain or other ministers, other than a seneschal.  I can't do too much right now.  Do I need a major town to get the better ministers?

Thanks.

AdamC6 said:
I'm a Ravenstern Lord, married, I have one castle and one village. 
757 renown, 37 honor.  about day 200.
I started as a non-noble.

How else can I raise Party Size limit (leadership and renown I know.....but what else?)  In Native, owning a castle boosts it. 
I was marshal for about one week and that didn't give me a boost either.....

I have no chamberlain or other ministers, other than a seneschal.  I can't do too much right now.  Do I need a major town to get the better ministers?

Thanks.

There is no bonus to army size from owning towns or castles(native or PoP)
Renown is the key to army size in this mod, imo your renown is very low at day 200 I would be 2000-4000.
Take part and win as many tournments as possible, when a feast is been held in a city, tournments can take place many times over 2-3 days so hang around and take part.
Leave your army in your castle and go out with your companions looking for uneven fights, snake cult/death cult /jatu etc
You don't need a minister till you set up your own kingdom and the wife is the best for that role

Thanks for the renown advice.

Okay on the minister, but normally you get a chamberlain and a military guy...can't think of his title -- even when you are a vassal.  I know the minister is for a kingdom....is there no other ministers in this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom