[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in downloading this mod, however, I would like to know whether it is best supported on version 1.143 or an earlier version of Warband.

I have 1.143, but heard that this version can cause issues with the mod.

I read up a bit more on this mod and find it very interesting.

I have another question. How long on average does it take to complete the game?

I've had no issues whatsoever with POP and Warband v.1.143.  As for how long it'll take, it depends on if you want to rush through things and how good you are at the game itself.  I've heard of some people getting 1000+ reknown in the first 100 days.  But in reality, the game is over when you want it to be over.  Set your own goals.  I've never actually "finished" the game myself, I will usually stop when I've conquered all of Pendor. 

Probably really obvious or something but how do i leave the asiz mines? pressing tab says "you cannot leave now". I've talked to both the guys but unfortunately i didn't bring any wine and there doesn't appear to be an exit. I've tried running out of the map but i hit an invisible wall and still had no option to leave.

also is it possible to sneak into towns? i've tried maybe 60 or 70 times (soon as i made my own kingdom both sarleon and the nords declared war on me :sad:) and i've never succeeded once, i dont mind having to fight my way out but considering the guards take off half my health with each hit and its 7v1 i often find myself in that towns prison

If you are already a vassal of a faction with a town and village, what is the best way to form your own kingdom (Pendor)?

Maybe I'll just keep with my current faction (Ravenstern) and try to win without forming Pendor.  I'm really just unsure what to do at this point.

Build up your garrisons and cash. Then continue to conquer Towns / Castles and always request that the conquered Town / Castle is awarded to you. Eventually, the King will refuse and that will allow you to start your own Kingdom with all your Fiefs (And your newly conquered one)

I'm on day 20 or so, and I have an army of 32, with troops from all 5 factions. Is this a good idea?

Also, my arm is quite weak, so who should I train against?

dafiden said:
If you are already a vassal of a faction with a town and village, what is the best way to form your own kingdom (Pendor)?

Maybe I'll just keep with my current faction (Ravenstern) and try to win without forming Pendor.  I'm really just unsure what to do at this point.

Capture a couple of towns/castles, ask that your are given each one and eventually you will be refused which will allow you to revolt
or
You could strip your walled centre of defences(leave a few crap units), renounce your vassalship then attack a caravan(there is no need to fight the caravan) of your former liege. This will allow you to besiege your former castle/town and if you do it quick there will only be the rabble you left there.

Of the 2 options I prefer the second one as the first at least in vanilla sets you up as your former factions rebels i'm unsure how PoP deals with this

Its a good idea to make sure your former faction is at war with at least 1 faction so they will at least be a bit distracted

IMO you should found Pendor as its the only way to get access to Pendor Nobles which are required for the best Honour troops

temaire said:
I'm on day 20 or so, and I have an army of 32, with troops from all 5 factions. Is this a good idea?

Early on you should have a small elite army as this will allow you to gain renown and loot much faster,  I like to use adventurers as some have ranged weapons as I often fight dismounted.
At the start of every week(weekly budget) is when new spawns for less common armies take place, deserters are spawned at this time and they are probably the best for training but they are rare, I would suggest going after wayfarers/thieves/brigands etc If you are an archer its a good idea to target the horses of the enemy as this will make it easiar for your troops/companions(they won't be couched lanced by the rogue squires/knights) and it stops them getting spread out over the battlefield.
Defending villages are also good, check taverns reguarly for the farmers that give these missions(Ethos has 5/6 villages making it really good for these missions)

Vaniskerry Raiders can befound east of valonbray, brigands & highwaymen can be found in between seven cross keep - marleons - laria area

Brew said:
Capture a couple of towns/castles, ask that your are given each one and eventually you will be refused which will allow you to revolt
or
You could strip your walled centre of defences(leave a few crap units), renounce your vassalship then attack a caravan(there is no need to fight the caravan) of your former liege. This will allow you to besiege your former castle/town and if you do it quick there will only be the rabble you left there.

Of the 2 options I prefer the second one as the first at least in vanilla sets you up as your former factions rebels i'm unsure how PoP deals with this

Its a good idea to make sure your former faction is at war with at least 1 faction so they will at least be a bit distracted

IMO you should found Pendor as its the only way to get access to Pendor Nobles which are required for the best Honour troops

Aha!  Good tips, thank you.  However, could you comment more on what this means?
...sets you up as your former factions rebels...

temaire said:

I recommend getting an all-cavalry army and make sure to mount all your companions.  You can crush most enemies you're likely to encounter on day 20 this way.  Maybe more importantly, you can get around the map super-fast with an all-cavalry army.  This way you can avoid those nasty Jatu while you are weak (days 20), but also run down all those small bandits armies that try to get away from you.  Also, you can make trading/questing runs a lot faster with cavalry.

As far as troops, I have some suggestions:
1.  Get some foreign nobles from taverns ASAP.  Adventurers and Hero Adventurers kick serious butt while you are just toddling around the map and not trying to take castles, etc.  However, they are also very expensive, so see #2.
2.  Rescue as many refugees/peasants/villagers as you can.  They turn into Pendor Militia and eventually Pendor Mounted-Man-at-Arms.  These guys aren't as good as the Adventurers in #1, but they sure are a heck of a whole lot cheaper to employ.  Like 40G per week vs. the 250G for a Hero Adventurer.  Get enough of them and you will be set.  In my opinion, one of the best bang-for-the-bucks in the early game.
3.  Don't discount female peasants.  They are very similar to the foreign nobles in #1, so you could also get some of them for a lot less gold to begin with than the foreign nobles.  You could certainly save gold up front by using this route over #1.  However, IIRC they are still as expensive to employ weekly as the Adventurers.
Thus, #2 with #1 or #3 sprinkled in is what I recommend for early game.

If money is your main concern, use the Pendor Cavalry instead of the mtd. men-at-arms.

The stat increase (imo) isn't that substantial for an additional 20 denar wage jump. Plus, some men-at-arms spawn with no shields

Just some general questions about companions. Which companions are best if I want the maximum number of companions and I want to have the "good guys". And I never founded my own kingdom, how do I have to prepare for lords. Do I have to skill my own companions in a certain way?

You should really look around the forum for some interesting info. This thread is on the second page and gives some options you could choose. There are more, but you'll have to find out yourself using the companion bubble.

RJA

dafiden said:
...sets you up as your former factions rebels...

In vanilla warband you would be set up as say the Rhodok rebels if you rebelled from the Rhodoks

Also for anyone concerned about the upkeep of adventurers/other high upkeep units, you should sign up as mercenary with a faction as they will pay for the upkeep of your party including companions and they also pay a profit of around 1000 denars a week(I have had them pay 12k a week for me and my army who where off looting villages/caravans), this also allows you to take part in any of their sieges which are great ways to get lots of experience. The only downside is that you loose access to their enemies cities(sneaking in is very unreliable)
You don't have to do any fighting if you don't want to and you can raid villages caravans of your factions enemies, you also gain "right to rule" if they make peace and can gain relations with lords.
I normally help the Sarleons as they need help badly

Sandermatt said:
Just some general questions about companions. Which companions are best if I want the maximum number of companions and I want to have the "good guys". And I never founded my own kingdom, how do I have to prepare for lords. Do I have to skill my own companions in a certain way?

Check the FAQ for companion compatability, most of the higher level companions are set up to be decent lords. Ansen is the best companion IMO as he can have 30 intelligence by level 18 which means 10 in all medical skills and 10 in engineering and this mod makes makes engineering more important

Brew said:

In PoP you get to name your kingdom either way.

OK.  I:
1.  Left crud units in the town.
2.  Asked to be released from my oath.
3.  Tried to rob peasants (lost honor).
4.  Took the town by letting the troops leave without attacking.
(Worked well.)

Question: My minister (wife) tells me I don't have the right to rule, other kings don't take me seriously, and suggests I become a vassal.  I have right to rule value of 6.  What should I do?  Should I be concerned about her warning?

Right to rule helps to stop other factions from attacking you, around 30 is what is needed to reduce the chance of been at war with every faction.
You can get RtR from making peace with factions or been a member(merc or vassal) of a faction that makes peace, you can also get it from sending your companions out to spread the word about your greatness - its under the conversation "i'd like to ask you something", "I suppose you know I aspire to be king". Each companion takes 21 days(iirc) to complete it and you gain 3 RtR for it. You don't have to send your companions that are already in your party to do it as you can just hire any companion and ask them to do it. You are supposed to get it from been married but I have never seen it for this.

You should be concerned about it as you will probably be at war with everyone after awhile, if you have a good defensive siege town/castle, a lot of decent troops and a large amount of money(+100k) you should be able to weather the storm. Large defensive siege battles are a blast i've gotten +300 kills in them, Get either a heavy morningstar or a masterwork morningstar, take up position to left or right of a ladder(use a parapet for cover from missiles) and just use overhead attacks(block crush) and watch the XP and profiencies fly by

300+ kills is pretty impressive.  I'm surprised you can get those type of results with a morningstar, I use a "special" 2-H sword to do the same.  The 158 range of the 2-H sword is a great advantage though I bet the crush effect of the morningstar is also a great benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom