[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
saxondragon said:
Lord Irontoe said:
Are relations with the Noldor supposed to decay over time? Or is there some other mechanism which causes relations to drop, like founding the Ebony Gauntlets?

Earlier in my current game, I'd had ~30 relations with them, did Quigfen's quest and been to their castle, etc. I've been tied up with building my kingdom in former Fierdsvain territories for a bunch of months now so I havent had any contact with the Noldor for a while, but when I finally got back to the Laria area, I noticed my relations had dropped down to -7. Is that normal? The only thing I can imagine would have caused it is that I founded 2 chapters of KotEG, but I've never heard that this caused a drop with Noldor before.
Yes, well the Ebony Gauntlet are firmly against the Noldor.  Founding Orders have relationship consequences.  Founding an order of the Griffon for example, makes the Order of the Lion unhappy.

That makes a lot of sense. Is that new in 3.7 or was it always like that?

is the Heavy Board Shield not available to the CKHO's? my CKHO is supposed to be in the style of Roman legionaries, using the new models, and the Heavy Board Shield would be perfect for this

softgunforever said:
is the Heavy Board Shield not available to the CKHO's? my CKHO is supposed to be in the style of Roman legionaries, using the new models, and the Heavy Board Shield would be perfect for this

Check to see if they have the required shield skill and are not cavalry

What governs the change of Knighthood Orders forming a War Party? I see orders doing it all the time to help in war but my KO never does it to help his grandmaster.

The only Knighthood Orders that can form war parties are the "main" orders of a nation. D'Shar Windriders, Ravenstern Knights of the Dragon, etc.

Your CKHO will only have a chance to form a war party if you are a sovereign and at war.

Is there a way to ensure that my skill monkeys/High int companions wont join the fight?
It is quite annoying to have my medic getting knocked out, just to see my troops die instead of getting wounded, especially when they eat a Noldor Arrow in the start of the battle...

Your best bet is moving them to the bottom of your troop roster. It won't *guarantee* them not appearing, but unless your troops are wholesale slaughtered or your battle size is set very high, you should be fine. Another, riskier way is to set them to their own command group and order them to retreat. However, that sometimes leads to situations like this:

Montague said:
Epicrules said:
I've heard that having your INT companions retreat from the battle incase they do spawn also works.

Tried that one time and Ansen retreated straight for the enemy lines.  :facepalm:

In addition to that, I'd recommend creating a separate troop type for them and ordering them to flee to the edge of the map at the beginning of each fight. (Just spam retreat ten paces)

This is more of a lore question. Some of the conversations with the shadow legion says that the Empire worshiped different gods to the Pendor mainland ones. Are they just the same gods with different names or is it a separate pantheon

So, I rebelled and founded the kingdom of Pendor. I occupy 2/3 of Ravenstern territory  ( owned by Koningur Valdis from the 2 blitzkrieg I launched when I was his marshall ) . Now, speaking to my minister( a companion ) , I did the old Pendorian ritual of incoronation  ( the first one ). I recruited someone from a village without a Lord after a week from the founding of the kingdom. They're Ravenstern recruit. Why not Pendor recruits? I have to assign the village to someone?

Madijeis said:
So, I rebelled and founded the kingdom of Pendor. I occupy 2/3 of Ravenstern territory  ( owned by Koningur Valdis from the 2 blitzkrieg I launched when I was his marshall ) . Now, speaking to my minister( a companion ) , I did the old Pendorian ritual of incoronation  ( the first one ). I recruited someone from a village without a Lord after a week from the founding of the kingdom. They're Ravenstern recruit. Why not Pendor recruits? I have to assign the village to someone?

I think it takes a week or so to officially switch over

Treebeard explained the mechanics to me once, I can't remember the exact percentages as that was long ago, but basically in the case of the Player's villages, recruits have a chance of either being from the village's original culture, or from Pendor culture. Villages not owned by the player have a chance of either being from the village's original culture or from the culture of the faction which currently owns the village.

When they appear, a line of text denoting their arrival will show up, as well as a short sound file. It's up to you to find them though, but generally they appear in the same areas their factions usually spawn in, otherwise the announcement text tends to display a relative location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom