[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conservatron said:
how much renown do i need to fight in tournaments?

im up to like 160 but its a drag gaining 1-2 renown fighting bandits is taking forever

160? 40 to go

Solo them, faster that way (assuming you are pretty good horse archer)

About the banners; if you're going to replace some of them, then Brujoloco made a ton of really nice ones for PoP back in 2013. I used to use them in PoP 3.6. See further down in the second post of this thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=285542.0

Paltmull said:
About the banners; if you're going to replace some of them, then Brujoloco made a ton of really nice ones for PoP back in 2013. I used to use them in PoP 3.6. See further down in the second post of this thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=285542.0
If you like any past banner or any other banner for that matter, you can just replace the appropriate texture file.

Quick question

If I unlock Quifgen's store and then get bad relation with the Noldor, can I access the store? And what about troops?

Thanks

Not sure about the store...
But in the old version, when you screwed up your relation with the Noldor, the Noldor castle would disappear.
However, it would reappear when you improved your relation enough.

Supposeit's the same with Quifgen's shop.

Yeah I have a feeling that's the case

I just think that using Noldor is a "cheap" way to play the game, I've never done a play through trying to defeat the Noldor.

Alavaria said:
Decius II said:
I've never done a play through trying to defeat the Noldor.
Good thing, as you can't.

They're magic.

YsbKHg1.gif

Yeah I know you can't completely beat them, but I meant like kill them a bunch you know  :twisted:

would be cool though to have a completely evil route, like take all the evil companions, defeat the Noldor etc

I STILL can't get more banners to show up

I have banners_h.dds
The modules.ini does have the "scan_module_textures = 1"
WHYYYYYY?

EDIT:
Adding more banner textures without making code changes is pointless. Every mod expects an exact number of banners, no more, no less.

Oh... so a hard-coded limit?
That sucks.

TrashMan said:
I STILL can't get more banners to show up

I have banners_h.dds
The modules.ini does have the "scan_module_textures = 1"
WHYYYYYY?

EDIT:
Adding more banner textures without making code changes is pointless. Every mod expects an exact number of banners, no more, no less.

Oh... so a hard-coded limit?
That sucks.

You can only replace, not increase the amount.  Sorry, limits we all must work under.

I have a question:

Who's idiot that had the idea that you only get a dagger when sneaking in a castle? No more quaterstaff?

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH A DAGGER AGAINST GUARDS WITH ARMOR AND SHIELD? I can't block, I do jack s*** for damage! Rage quitting this game after a dozen failed attempts to rescue a prisoner.

Started with a looting skill of 8 and obtained a freaking "Runed Bastard Sword" in the shop in Senderfall for 12k gold.

That intended?

TrashMan said:
I have a question:

Who's idiot that had the idea that you only get a dagger when sneaking in a castle? No more quaterstaff?

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH A DAGGER AGAINST GUARDS WITH ARMOR AND SHIELD? I can't block, I do jack s*** for damage! Rage quitting this game after a dozen failed attempts to rescue a prisoner.
1- Learn how to chamber block
2- Git gud

But seriously, I have never done this quest in PoP and only finished it sucessfully twice in native. It's just not my cup of tea.

Started with a looting skill of 8 and obtained a freaking "Runed Bastard Sword" in the shop in Senderfall for 12k gold.

I have looting 1 and bought a masterwork morningstar from Torbah for 12k on day 1. So... probably? Or at least it doesn't have anything to do with looting.

Raviollius said:

I have looting 1 and bought a masterwork morningstar from Torbah for 12k on day 1. So... probably? Or at least it doesn't have anything to do with looting.

Let me explain.
My looting skill was 8 after character creation, as opposed to 6, which was the maximum in the previoues versions.

Next: A morningstar is a common good.
Masterworks are rare, but nothing unusual in itself.

Runed weapons however can usually only bought at Quifgens store, in the hidden mines, or looted if you get lucky.
Never seen a Runed bastard sword in an ordinary shop before.
Runed Axe, a few times, but never the sword.

Draenor said:
Raviollius said:

Let me explain.
My looting skill was 8 after character creation, as opposed to 6, which was the maximum in the previoues versions.

Next: A morningstar is a common good.
Masterworks are rare, but nothing unusual in itself.

Runed weapons however can usually only bought at Quifgens store, in the hidden mines, or looted if you get lucky.

There is a difference between strange/ruby/saphire/emerald rune-weapons which you can only get via Al-Aziz and the runed bastard sword which is just a regular item afaik

Draenor said:
Let me explain.

Intended. Check the thread on character bonuses - you can also start with leadership 7 now.

I'd guess this is how it was intended to be to begin with(being able to buy a rune axe but not sword doesn't make much sense).

I have a question:

Breaking into a castle undercover and rescuing prisoners is not meant to be easy. However in M&B with a weapon that can parry it's a walk in the park. I think they changed it to a dagger and shield (the shield is very strong) to make it more of a realistic challenge. Only way to be successful is to have great timings when to slash at one of the guards head, then circle around while kiting and pick up their gear. Should be doable on the easiest settings.

Thoughts on advanced formations being added like brace polearms and all that jazz? Must have been asked a million times so sorry  :cool:

Is there any way I can increase the amount of reinforcement waves? I looked on TweakMB and there's no way that I can load the module as only Pendor 3.611 is on the list.

For 3.7 version one of the changes is "extended usage of qualis gems". What's different, besides old features like hiring Noldor troops, open Quigfen's store, drink magic potion or create a knighthood chapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom