[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got few questions:
First of all is it normal that one count gets almost all the castles,villages,towns from king(i dont know if all but list is realllllyyy long)?
Is there anything faster then noldor spirit horse?
What does horse dmg depends on? I was raiding horse with 10dmg and hiting people with 7-10 then took horse with 46 dmg, still it has never done more then 17 dmg as far as my memory serves.
Where exactly do i join some knighthood order? I searched for some info about it, and i all i found is that they are in towns, but still hadnt found someone who would offer me an opportunity to join knighthood order.

zekic said:
Got few questions:
1 First of all is it normal that one count gets almost all the castles,villages,towns from king(i dont know if all but list is realllllyyy long)?
2 Is there anything faster then noldor spirit horse?
3 What does horse dmg depends on? I was raiding horse with 10dmg and hiting people with 7-10 then took horse with 46 dmg, still it has never done more then 17 dmg as far as my memory serves.
4 Where exactly do i join some knighthood order? I searched for some info about it, and i all i found is that they are in towns, but still hadnt found someone who would offer me an opportunity to join knighthood order.
1. I don't see nothing wrong
2. Yes, next ones with 47 speed are Golden Maned Courser and Noldor Goldleaf Warhorse
3. This question is about game mechanic, I don't now anyway(but I suppose the armour value of bumped infantry and speed bonus are crucial).
4. The answer is in FAQ.

Thanks.
So max horse speed is 50?
Also question about lances, i have balanced lance of dark knight(i belive i translated right) which i bought in my first weeks of game, and i havent found anything better yet,i mean i rarely find any lances at all. Is there any better lances? and if there is, is there a sure way to find it, or i just have to try my luck in market every time?
and one more thing, i have read somewhere a mention that you can get some runic weapon for tournament, but so far i got only 2k dinars.

The best lance depends on what you are looking for. The shorter ones are better if you want to use them like a spear that can also couch while the longer ones are more or less useless on foot but far better for couching. Personally I use a blunt tip lance because I like to take prisoners.

zekic said:
Thanks.
1 So max horse speed is 50?
2 Also question about lances, i have balanced lance of dark knight(i belive i translated right) which i bought in my first weeks of game, and i havent found anything better yet,i mean i rarely find any lances at all. Is there any better lances? and if there is, is there a sure way to find it, or i just have to try my luck in market every time?
3 and one more thing, i have read somewhere a mention that you can get some runic weapon for tournament, but so far i got only 2k dinars.
1. Well, in PoP the fastest horse would be Spirit Noldor Spirit Horse(I know it sounds dumb), but items can be edited in Morgh's Editor
2. Probably you mean Long Knight Lance(258 lenght, 22 pierce dmg)? It's very good lance, you might also want to find in shop or in Jatu loot Jatu Honor Lance or from Snake Cult and shops - Black Iron Spear. And Blunt Tip Lance for capturing prisoners :smile: You can check all items in Morgh's Editor.
3. Check FAQ about Quigfen and Noldor quest and also Qualis Gems and Al-Aziz. I don't know if you can win some runed weapon(there are normal "rune" and other "rune" weapons  :wink:) in the normal tournament.

Why do i earn only 1k  from İskoman and 2k from Signal ( both taken like  60 days ago)? !!!  :evil:  why its that low  ? I know wars , pillage etc can effect  tariffs,rents but i dont got any wars going on atm.Just 1k for a city is  :cry: .Im playing on %149 difficulty , does difficuly lvl effect this ?

Sorry for bad English.

Thanks guys :wink:
Soo, is there anything else with exception of those 2k dinars(if not counting stakes) you can win from normal tournament?

zekic said:
Thanks guys :wink:
Soo, is there anything else with exception of those 2k dinars(if not counting stakes) you can win from normal tournament?

I've (rarely) won assorted armors.  It goes from an old Empire plate to some amazing Ravenstern super armor.

shaman said:
Why do i earn only 1k  from İskoman and 2k from Signal ( both taken like  60 days ago)? !!!  :evil:  why its that low  ? I know wars , pillage etc can effect  tariffs,rents but i dont got any wars going on atm.Just 1k for a city is  :cry: .Im playing on %149 difficulty , does difficuly lvl effect this ?

Sorry for bad English.

I think it's influenced by trade and the damage to the surrounding villages.  EX: Enemies destroy the caravans, no trade income.  Farmers don't make it to the town, no trade income.  Villages are raided, no income.

If singal is kept relatively safe compared to Ishkoman, that influences it.

you can do this in Morgh's Editor, but it'll apply to all Ironbred Stallions, so I wouldn't be happy meeting some Shadow Legion guys then....

Quick question:

Whats the best strategy to survive as a mercenary? The pay and the loot isnt enough to cover my expenses and raiding villages hurts me in the long run. Any tips?

Thanks!

Le Hi said:
Quick question:

Whats the best strategy to survive as a mercenary? The pay and the loot isnt enough to cover my expenses and raiding villages hurts me in the long run. Any tips?

Thanks!

Open shops In all towns (You have to be in good relation with the Lord that owns the town)
Raid Caravans.
Get quests

Le Hi said:
Quick question:

Thanks!

As above you should open shops in all the towns and I recommend looking at other options other than the velvet. For instance, next time I'm really thinking of opening a bakery.  I haven't done too much research on it yet but it's hard to find bread in this game sometimes and I think it sells for a good price. Either way, I've found the Tannery to be more lucrative than velvet in many areas.

Next is that you want to have a mix of troops in your army. If it's all top tier troops then the mercenary fee won't be enough to cover it. I think you get 100 denars  a man iirc.  You companions probably cost over 100 to 300 denars a week if they are mounted (and the usually are).

Next is boosting your looting skill. Iirc companions actually get 3 loot whereas regular soldiers get 1 loot. (please correct that if it's wrong).  I know one companion has a loot skill of 4 and I don't know if that effects the amount of loot you get either.  My point is that fewer soldiers in your group means more loot for you.

Next is don't join battles that will destroy your forces. It's expensive training and feeding troops only to lose them because your allies do a bunch of stupid stuff or bring a bunch of green troops thus diluting the potency of your force.

I don't recommend raiding villages or merchants. It's a short term profit for a long term headache. Eventually you will own these villages or want to recruit from them. Either way it's bad business.

That said, I do charge merchants tolls. I do this even if they belong to friendly factions. For instance, if I am mercenary of Ravenstern and at war with Empire and allied with Fierdsvain I may still charge Fierdsvain merchants tolls. Why? If you have about 200 men in your army you will get about 2,000 denars.  Because you will likely fight in battles alonside Fierdsvain troops you will be able to repair the modest relationship hit and if your relations get really low you can end your contract with your current faction and your relations reset to zero.  Best thing about taxing friendly merchants is they don't run away.  As for those that do run away, I sometimes wait in a neutral town until the merchant is almost at the gates and then chase them down.  Easy money.

Tournaments can get you about 19k and sometimes some armor or weapon.  The Noldor tournaments are the best. One you get really strong (I use qualis gems for this) you can win Noldor tournaments quite easily.  They usually give a gift like a bow or sword but sometimes you get a Spirited Noldor Spirit Horse, a Reinforced Runed Armor, or a Qualis Gem.  If you bought the Noldor horse it would cost you over 100k and the Reinforced Runded Armor is close to 300k.  As Ben Franklin used to say, "A penny saved is a penny earned."

Then there is ransoming. I don't always release my prisoners. If they are evil and will give me negative relations or if they are a king I will keep them.  If they don't ransom them right away you can talk to them and they will personally give you money for freedom. You can actually have a small force, join a large battle, win it and be the lord who captures the enemies. They do the work, you get the ransom.

Developing your trade and leadership skills are also important. You get more money for the loot you sell and you pay less money to your troops. As your army gets bigger having high leadership is really important and will save you buttloads of money.

Take prisoners. I equip all my companions (11 of them) with blunt warhammers. When we are just running around by ourselves I make them use blunts and then sell the prisoners. I can have 90 prisoners in my army now.  It really adds up fast. You get around 800 denars for a berzerker! He doesn't even wear armor. One hit to the head, or charge with my Noldor Spirit Horse (I've done over 100 charge damage on lightly armored foes) and he's badly hurt or knocked out.  Easy money.

Two questions:

1. Can I create an Eventide Knighthood Chapter in my town if I have Singal captured?

2. How do I assign fiefs to already existing vassals? This one has been plaguing me for quite some time now.

How does training session with steward helps?

And where do Snake cult establish their base?(I mean In which direction of Cez?)

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom