[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FTorres said:
Hi there it's been years since I last played PoP. I'm now allowed to access Elacrai, got decent relations with the Noldor but I can't for the life of me figure why I can't rescue and hire Noldor prisoners.

Been attacking small Jatu warbands with something like 3-10 Noldor prisoners but when I win and the hire screen pops up they're not there... what am I missing? I'm using the Steam workshop version of it

Any troop over level 40 can't be recruited. Therefore the prisoners you see are not available to be recruited.

MitchyMatt said:
Any troop over level 40 can't be recruited. Therefore the prisoners you see are not available to be recruited.

Damn how am I suppossed then to field an army of overpowered machinegun-arrow spitting Noldors? :'(

I don't ask questions anymore because I've do same thing with The Last Days and mod alone answer to all, I've begin playing Brytenwalda and Anno Domini 1257 without question

P.S: Last post in this thread for some time

swordmaster345 said:
Anyone have a good way to gain money as a lord of the town

In terms of buildings there is not much you can do(except build them) aside from using prospecting to get the 300 mineral value and then building the mine.
Tournaments are a great source of money espeically in towns where you have not won any or haven't won any in a while.
Leave most of your army as garrison and go out and fight with just companions(or maybe a few extra elite troops), with good looting skill this is probably the best way to get money.

Protecting caravans and making sure surrounding villages are prosperous would also help maximize your town income but this is all very time consuming for a mediocre reward compared to fighting and getting loot. However it is fun to try and play the peaceful builder for a time, at least for me.

There are 2 heartbeat quests that improve the econ of towns.
1 is the refugee quest which gives a small boost.
The other one is the trade delegation quest which boosts the econ of the town by a decent amount, its rare though.
Having a high skill steward helps for making these successful, I think its trade and persuasion for the delegation quest.

You can also host tournaments which cost you money and renown but you can win some of it back by winning the tournament, when you host these you get some options that can increase the the prosperity and econ of the town.

aimlessgun said:
Protecting caravans and making sure surrounding villages are prosperous would also help maximize your town income but this is all very time consuming for a mediocre reward compared to fighting and getting loot. However it is fun to try and play the peaceful builder for a time, at least for me.
Speaking about fief prosperity, at the grand scheme of things, I wouldn't call it a mediocre reward:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=326944.0

Gorvex said:
Speaking about fief prosperity, at the grand scheme of things, I wouldn't call it a mediocre reward:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=326944.0

I would, for that to have a real bonus to income you are going to need to own a lot of fiefs and tax inefficency will steal a large slice of that from you.
You also lose out on all the renown, xp and loot from not fighting the bandits, heretics, snake cult, jatu etc.
It will not have an effect till you have your own kingdom(which takes some time), so up until you found your kingdom its going to be pretty boring as you will only have lords and a few other things to fight.

Yeah, it's incredibly dumb. Money are meaningless when you have enough and you can have more than enough without such perversions and numerous sacrifices. But I guess it was funny to achieve such a state for once after bunch of normal playthroughs.

Needless to say, that amount of massive income is only useful if you want to upgrade the KO knights from all of your different chapters like 7 times each or more :razz: But the process required has one more major advantage, that I'll describe below.

I did that kind of "befriend bandits and minor factions" playthrough twice, and it was tedious to achieve at some times indeed. But at the end, when I had my kingdom rolling, it was very satisfying to see bandits eating enemy lords one by one (=helping my peasants and trade caravans), or those Mettenheim, Veccavian, Barclay and Melitine armies protecting my kingdom and beating the sh*t out of marshall forces (as one army often had over 1k units, so two of them was more than enough. And they can be very frequent if nobody attack them in my kingdom, believe me). I didn't had to bother with siege defenses or enemy raiding my villages either, as they didn't have the chance to finish what they started, lol, so I could concentrate on attacking :lol: And it didn't matter that those big friendly armies were slow. One random bandit party, militia patrol or trade caravan was enough to catch/hold a lord or two, until those armies joined in as well. And that 100-120k net income a week from 6 towns and 18 villages or so, damn :iamamoron:

And your vassals will also benefit from that wealth, as bandits won't attack their trade caravans and peasants either. In fact, they will protect them instead. I didn't see any of my lords hanging inside walled fiefs that much back then, as they were wealthy enough to recruit enough troops all the time.

Remaining enemies with only Adventure Companies, Rogue Knights, and the 4 factions needed to be obliterated was enough for a nice Qualis Gem farming towards the end-game

For the time being until you befriend those minor factions, you don't have to sacrifice any loot, renown or xp. Just make those minor factions / bandits believe that they are stronger and roll with a small party. Let them attack you instead, so that you won't lose relations with them. Given your small party, the renown, loot and xp will be nice still. And you can help out bandits against lords without much problem, even when you've already befriended those bandits. I hope that I don't have to tell you that loot can be just as good if you fight vassals instead of bandits. Even better if you are enemies with the faction of those lords, as a truce will reset all relations lost.

P.S.: try out such kind of a playthrough at least once before stating that it's "dumb" or "worthless". As it's not :dead: It may take more time to finish a playthrough due to the preparations, but being an independant monarch will be easier in exchange. And all of the above will add to the snowball effect of you steamrolling Pendor. Hand-to-hand with your new little friends (minor factions).

Not attacking enemies when you want it and losing time waiting for them to attack you - dumb.
Losing spoils when you need them most when enemies don't want to attack you - dumb.
Maintaining minimum force even when you would be better with larger or lose ability to fight with lesser warbands (since you care about good relations with them) - dumb.
Owning large amount of fiefs for great for nothing large income number on some report sheet instead of granting them and have additional number of lords => stronger kingdom force - dumb.

Trying something new for fun - OK.
Insisting that it's the way to go - dumb.
Putting **** in your mouth to experience that it is **** indeed - OK for some very little children I guess.
Insisting that it's the only way to go - dumb.

Easy way to check it out - add 50M gold through export/import in advanced normal save and look how "incredible" your game will become, consider all BS you'll have to do for much lesser sum and realize that tongue touching everything is not the best way to get world experience, if you have brains that is.

Not worthless for sure.
But a bit tedious in limiting your choice of enemies and you miss out on some stuff.
Money can be accquired just as easily through fighting and tourneys.
There is one problem with letting enemies initate the battle and that is you can't leave like you can when you start it. You can leave troops behind but sometimes this does not work.
Most of the bandits are really good for training your companions so they would end up leveling slower.
For upgrading KO's, I only upgrade my CKO and my designated faction KO(almost always the KotRC), which is not that expensive and by that stage I have little use for money except to pay wages.

if the player is friendly with some hateful factions like the bandits, will this mean that the players own kingdoms lords and caravans will not be attacked by said faction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom