[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how I could remove the 63 attribute limit? Or at least work around it. My character currently has 63 INT and I still have plenty of skills I want to level up.

chuhrros said:
Does anyone know how I could remove the 63 attribute limit? Or at least work around it. My character currently has 63 INT and I still have plenty of skills I want to level up.

Its basically the limit the game places upon the player. however if you want to cheat, you can export your character, add lets say your intelligence to 64 (and remove 1 attribute point and add 1 skill point), or just remove 1 qualis gem from your inventory for 1 skill point and 1 int point

chuhrros said:
You cannot remove the limit, but you can bypass it with a bit of editing. The simplest way is character export / imort feature:
34867E421B20455E1E5AF0F5DAE5BEE35EAFEB5A

Or you can try this savegame/editor converter if you so desire. With this, you can edit any unit's stats:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=295270.0

Savak said:
Is there a way to get the banners kings use by any means necessary?
Yes, with this tool:
You can look up for the banner ID that kings use, and edit them to be yours. Note that there are separate ID-s and entries for the banner shown on the map, and the one shown on your heraldic stuff. You need to change both. And finally, you can either change kings' banners to something else, or leave them be.

So basically, look for these values:
- Under 'troops' section, under the given unit: slot_troop_banner_scene_prop (entry #13)
- Under 'party records' section, under the given unit: banner_map_icon_id

Note that this is my character, in Marius's outfit and his banner:
8C99EAD78B61922372145EBA8EC3179A1254149D
So it really works.

kwaloskie said:
What does enabling the the option: 'Garrison training' do?
Auto-training of your garrisoned units, given that you have Training Grounds built. Those units will slowly gain experience over time. It's great if you don't mind the AI picking random upgrade routes for you (when there's two to choose from).

Gorvex said:
Savak said:
Is there a way to get the banners kings use by any means necessary?
Yes, with this tool:
You can look up for the banner ID that kings use, and edit them to be yours. Note that there are separate ID-s and entries for the banner shown on the map, and the one shown on your heraldic stuff. You need to change both. And finally, you can either change kings' banners to something else, or leave them be.

So basically, look for these values:
- Under 'troops' section, under the given unit: slot_troop_banner_scene_prop (entry #13)
- Under 'party records' section, under the given unit: banner_map_icon_id

Note that this is my character, in Marius's outfit and his banner:
8C99EAD78B61922372145EBA8EC3179A1254149D
So it really works.
Thank you my friend, it worked! I wish I could repay you one day..

brandeeno said:
I'll have time to start a new playthrough soon; should I wait for 3.9.1 or just do it?
Always find it rather daft when people ask whether they should play a game now or wait for fixes lol.

It's entirely up to you, friend. Either do or don't. Play now, with a few issues (looking at the Bug Report section), or play when the patch comes out, with potentially more issues (as patches have been known to cause other issues to occur, and require patching themselves). Either way, I don't think it matters too much. All down to your ability to wait for them to fix the current issues.

Personally, I'm waiting. Hell, I will wait until it's near the end of the version string (i.e. 3.9.9), but that doesn't do much to help with reports and bug-fixing.

kevinflemming said:
Personally, I'm waiting. Hell, I will wait until it's near the end of the version string (i.e. 3.9.9), but that doesn't do much to help with reports and bug-fixing.

There's nothing game breaking on this release, konrad did quite well on this release to avoid repeating the history and the issues that happened with 3.8.0 (and that even with 3.8.4, there were a few big ones not fixed)

And remember, even (which i really really doubt) if we reach 3.9.9, there can be still 3.9.9.1, 3.9.9.2,... 3.9.9.9.1 and so on :wink:

brandeeno said:
King Edric said:
Might as well go for 4.0  :fruity:

This is the best answer.
That's not so easy, there's a reason why we don't jump straight to 4.0. It's meant to be played on a bigger continent (Amala) for the most part, where Pendor would just be an island somewhere on the map. And it would play on a different timeline, after the events of the PoP 3.X universe. The player would need to focus on defeating the Snake Cult for good, while the Ashenborn Empire, Nohseru, Santara, Barclay, Mettenheim, Veccavia, Melitine, the Jatus and the cousins of the Noldors, the Sindari would take a bigger role in the game.

So the whole set would be different in PoP 4.0, needed to be made from scratch. It's even questionable atm if this would ever come to life, as it's just a concept so far, with a massive amount of lore written for it by @Saxondragon.

what unit is the current meta auto calc champion?
with gladiator/berserker being so hard to train now I need a replacement.

Gorvex said:
That's not so easy, there's a reason why we don't jump straight to 4.0. It's meant to be played on a bigger continent (Amala) for the most part, where Pendor would just be an island somewhere on the map. And it would play on a different timeline, after the events of the PoP 3.X universe. The player would need to focus on defeating the Snake Cult for good, while the Ashenborn Empire, Nohseru, Santara, Barclay, Mettenheim, Veccavia, Melitine, the Jatus and the cousins of the Noldors, the Sindari would take a bigger role in the game.

So the whole set would be different in PoP 4.0, needed to be made from scratch. It's even questionable atm if this would ever come to life, as it's just a concept so far, with a massive amount of lore written for it by @Saxondragon.
4.0 was more than a concept, it was already in progress but died. Its unlikely to happen at this point, and much of the work that could be salvaged such as items and stuff was put into 3.7 and 3.8 if I recall correctly

Gorvex said:
brandeeno said:
King Edric said:
Might as well go for 4.0  :fruity:

This is the best answer.

I was joking.  :shifty:

I've already decided to wait for 3.9.1, however long that takes.

The amount of work that's gone into this free project is inspiring and blows my puny mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom